Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about private plan?

Hi,

I want to create a plan that is not shown on the main website but is strictly for people who qualify for it (through different means) so I want them to be able to order this plan perhaps using the order form html embed or some other method..but I don't want it to be visible on the compare plans page or any other page accessible easily from the main website.

Hope you can follow what I mean ! and that it is possible somehow

tks

newbiehoster, there are four options for the web hosting plans:

1. Plans that are activated and offered (both Activate and Plan offer checkboxes are checked on the My Offers tab of the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel). Such plans are available through the reseller templates, the remote order form, the web hosting control panel, the reseller control panel and the reseller API. You can have up to four such plans.

2. Plans that are activated, but not offered (only the Activate checkbox is checked on the My Offers tab of the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel). Such plans are available for purchase only through the reseller control panel and the reseller API.

3. Plans that do not meet certain criteria for minimum disk space and traffic. Such plans are available for purchase only through the reseller control panel and the reseller API.

4. Plans that are not active (the Activate checkbox is not checked on the My Offers tab of the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel). Such plans are not available for purchasing until they are activated (the Activate checkbox is checked on the My Offers tab of the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel).

Comment

2. Plans that are activated, but not offered (only the Activate checkbox is checked on the My Offers tab of the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel). Such plans are available for purchase only through the reseller control panel and the reseller API.
      ok I think API is out for me because I don't really understand it ! I know that I can register new customers through the reseller control panel for those plans ticked as above, but doesn't this mean I've got to pay for them myself? how do I get them to pay if I'm adding it in manually? basically I'm offering preferential rates on my normal hosting plans to members of my subscription site, so I need somewhere for them to be able to take up the offer and order these rates if they wish. I thought maybe there was someway of having some of the plans only available on the order form which can be embedded into a html page.

tks

Comment

newbiehoster, the reseller needs to pay the wholesale price for plans ordered through the Manual Order section of the reseller control panel. If you wish to resell such plans to your clients, you would have to bill them yourself. Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer plans only through the remote order form.

Comment

ok tks I'll have to try and think of another way to do it ! would API do what I want?

Comment

You could achieve what you want through the reseller API. However, the API is not for everyone, since it requires that you have programming/web development skills of your own to use it. Furthermore, to sell hosting plans to your clients through the reseller API, you need to put funds in the reseller wallet that will be used to cover the wholesale price of the hosting plans ordered by your clients. Resellers using the API have to handle customer billing on their own.

Comment

ok forget that so ! LOL any other ideas on how I could achieve what I want? could I open a 2nd reseller account specifically with the preferential plans in it as a subdomain of my main domain? would that work and although technically it's accessible by anyone if I don't promote it it's unlikely anyone would find it !

Comment

newbiehoster, you could open a second free reseller account (in fact, you can open as many as you want) with different plans and/or prices. However, you cannot host a subdomain of your first reseller account in your second. Free reseller accounts can only host domains and not subdomains.

Comment

ok thanks.. hmm I'll have to have a think about the best way to do this ! sorry about this but one more question.. If I have another domain which already has a website on it, can I host the 2nd reseller account in a folder of that domain or does it have to be the root?

Comment

You cannot add a domain that is already used to host another website to your reseller account.

Comment

ok thanks back to the drawing board so ! thanks for all your help

Comment

Your saying we can have 2 resellers account and have 8 different plans between the 2.

How do we set up payments for one account or would we have to have 2.

What i mean is would the 2 accounts be treated as one and we get one check instead of 2.

Comment

Open a ticket asking to have one of your accounts used as the master account, and it'll work like that. I have 6 accounts and have it setup so money goes to one in a single payment.

I do what you are suggesting, using different packages for different people. If you go to Affordable Web Hosting, Website Builder, Domain Names and go to my signup page (under the 'web hosting' section), try coupon UNLOCK, it should update the order form with a unique package.

.... that reminds me, i was supposed to send some of u guys (resellers) the code to do the coupons and i forgot :O
                          Last edited by syownet; 12-07-2007, 01:30 AM.

Comment

syownet that coupon thing is exactly what I need ! - but is that done through API? cos I don't think API is an option for me, I really don't understand it enough !

Comment

syownet I just read your other post about this and I see it isn't done with API which is great just php and mysql.. so hopefully I might be able to managed it but is it possible to give me a step-by-step plan of what I need to do !! (& I mean baby steps LOL) including setting up the 2nd reseller account and how that works with the master one ?

many tks

(perhaps this is something that rsp could put as a thread of it's own for others who may wish to use this solution?)

Comment

Working...
                              X