Why does it say hosted by LiquidNet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it say hosted by LiquidNet?

If I check some of my clients' domains with http://whoishostingthis.com/ it says that they are all hosted by LiquidNet. Why is that? (I use the Private DNS service.)

The IP of your store is probably 216_.65_.1.131. If you do whois of this IP you will see Inter_land and Liquid_Net as IP owners. That's how this site track who is actually hosting the site.

Best Regards,
    Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Is there any way to get around this?

Comment

Unfortunately no. ARIN requires that info to be accurate and they double check it with the DC.

Fortunately there are just a few people who actually do IP whois.

Best Regards,
        Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Originally posted by Kalin View Post
          Fortunately there are just a few people who actually do IP whois.
          Sure. I don't se it as a big problem. Was just curious.

Best regards
          maxa

Comment

Who is Interland? Are they related to Liquid Net?

Comment

Interland = Web.com, one of the largest hosting companies in the world.

Comment

When I type in my websites domains that are hosted with LiquidNet, it comes up with 'Interland'. Does LiquidNet get its IPs, etc off Interland?

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                Interland = Web.com, one of the largest hosting companies in the world.

Comment

I do not think it makes any difference. Alot of hosting companies buy hosting and then sell it under thier name.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                    Who is Interland? Are they related to Liquid Net?
                    Originally posted by syownet View Post
                    When I type in my websites domains that are hosted with LiquidNet, it comes up with 'Interland'. Does LiquidNet get its IPs, etc off Interland?
                    The history of mergers and acquisitions is a bit complicated here, however, as far as I understand it is the following:
                    A few years ago, Interland bought HostCentric, the company that owned the data center where LiquidNet servers are collocated.
                    Later Interland has sold a part of its hosting business, including the data center where LiquidNet servers are collocated, to Peer 1.
                    However, some of the IPs that LiquidNet uses were allocated to us by Interland; this is why Interland's name appears when you run an IP WHOIS check on these IPs.
                    Later, Interland acquired a company called Web Internet LLC and changed its name to Web.com, but as far as I know this events have no relation to LiquidNet at all.

Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
                    I do not think it makes any difference. Alot of hosting companies buy hosting and then sell it under thier name.
                    LiquidNet does not buy hosting from anyone. We own our web hosting servers. However, we are not that large to own a data center of our own, this is why our servers are collocated in a data center owned by Peer 1 use the Internet connectivity services that this data center offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                      However, we are not that large to own a data center of our own.
                      Not for long...

Within the next few years, you will be big enough for your own. ;-)

With the improvements you come out with monthly you will be huge in no time.

Comment

About my Reseller

Sir,

Please help me, since last May 2007, i was member of your ResellersPanel, but until now, i dont have any clients to buy my hosting plan.

PS: Please help me,

Bart

Comment

Working...
                        X