Error Page Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Page Trap

When will this feature start operating? It's already available in the control panel but I don't see it working when there's a 404 page not found error. And yes, the default settings in the control panel shows that it's set to the "Page Trap" feature.

It is not available yet. I guess that it will be launched either later today or tomorrow.

Comment

So by the weekend it should be ready. Sounds good to me.

Comment

We have decided to postpone the launch of this feature till Monday. You can find more details here.

Comment

Would be nice to see an actual full page example of the "Error Page Trap."

Comment

It's still not operating yet...

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
              Would be nice to see an actual full page example of the "Error Page Trap."
              An image (although I admit not a very good one) illustrating how the "Error Page Trap" looks like is available in the Client CP tab of the Store Settings section of the reseller control panel when you select Set Error Page from the drop-down menu.

Originally posted by drummerboy View Post
              It's still not operating yet...
              According to the latest notes about this feature that I got the from our development team, the feature will be introduced on some of our servers starting from today. The feature will be gradually introduced on all shared hosting servers under the free reseller program. The introduction of the feature will be gradual in order to avoid excessive server load that could be generated from a more abrupt switch to the new error pages.

Comment

what about remaining servers? server 41 to ALL other servers.. when can I expect to be enabled Error Trap on them?

Comment

We are implementing it slowly because these pages generate a great amounts of hits and we need to be sure that they don't overload the API, as they are all connecting to the API to display web hosting plans etc. Right now we are monitoring the load to determine whether we need to make any modifications to reduce it. Another 10 servers are scheduled to be updated with the error page trap next week. So we are working on it but slowly and carefully.

It is so important to make sure that the API does not get flooded with request, because this is the same API, which your reseller templates use.

Comment

Any updates regarding this?

Comment

Any updates regarding this?
                      I've noticed the error pages take the visitor off the current domain to sprmsrvr##.com .

Comment

As far as I know, they're not activated on all servers YET.

Comment

As far as I know, they're not activated on all servers YET.
                          As far as I know, this should be operational on all servers by now. I tested it on server 23 and it works. However, if you notice any issues with this, I suggest that you open a support ticket about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X