No announcement yet.

UK Data Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oliver, do you know whatever happened to the AlphaRed DC in Houston? Is it still being used? If so, what servers are located there?

Comment

The Alphared DC is no longer used, which means that we are not installing new servers there. However there are still several servers there, a few dedicated ones and several of the shared hosting servers. We keep several shared hosting servers there for users, who for some reason have slow access speed to the Fremont DC. On several occasions, we have had to move customers from a server in Fremont to one in Houston (or the other way around). Some of the servers, whcih are still in Houton are SC38, SC39, SC40 and SC44.

Comment

Ah, Ok. Thanks for the info!

Was there any particular reason for the move from AlphaRed?

Comment

I am not entirely sure what the exact reasons are, but I know that we are not very happy with their support staff and the way they handle problems, but there could be other issues too.

Comment

I'm on SC38 and, that does not sound very encouraging.

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
            I am not entirely sure what the exact reasons are, but I know that we are not very happy with their support staff and the way they handle problems, but there could be other issues too.

Comment

Sc38

Ok... have opened tickets on several occasions regarding SC38. The server timeout issues and server 500 errors are becoming old hat. What can we get done about this?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry guys for that slow server. We didn't notice it and it appears that we didn't receive your reports for the server being slow and timeouting and the support staff didn't realize it is that bad. It appears that this issue was going on for a few months now.

We are stopping the webalizer stats on that server temporary until we change the HDD order over there next week. This will temporary resolve the issue and pages will be always loading. Also there will be probably around 1 or 2 hours downtime next week when we move the data from the current raid to a new one.

Best Regards,
                Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

After making several modifications, the server is running much better and faster. We'll monitor the server the next several days, but most likely there will be no need to move the data.

Best Regards,
                  Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Thanks Kalin. Nice to see someone finally took me seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X