PDO problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDO problem

Is there a way to enable PDO for a site?

What's PDO?

Comment

I would like to know that PDO is as well. I've never heard of it before. Actually I probably have, but I don't remember.

Comment

This is PDO: http://au2.php.net/pdo

Comment

Hi, you can read all about PDO at this link from php.net http://ca.php.net/pdo

Comment

Originally posted by Parser View Post
            Is there a way to enable PDO for a site?
            The PDO PHP extension works only with PHP 5.0 or higher. To use it you need to switch to PHP 5 from the PHP Settings section of the web hosting control panel of your account. After this wait for approximately 10 minutes for the new settings to take effect, then create a php.ini file in the home folder of the domain, for which you want to enable PDO and put the following line in it (or add the following line to the php.ini, if you already have created such a file):
            Code:
            extension=pdo.so
            Last edited by Milen; 11-03-2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

I moved all my accounts to PHP5 and PDO is always available immediately. Just realize you could have scripts running which might break with php5. Too many of them remain PHP4 friendly and as a result many hosts remain with PHP4 and there are lots of crappy/outdated PHP applications on the internet.

What is RP going to do with PHP6? Wait a year to implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                What is RP going to do with PHP6? Wait a year to implement it?
                I do not expect that we will offer support for PHP6 any time soon. Currently, PHP4 remains most popular in both number of scripts based on it that are available and number of web hosting servers supporting it. There are still numerous compatibility issues with scripts designed for PHP4 when they are run on PHP5, as you have noted yourself. Due to this I do not expect PHP6 to get adopted into the mainstream anytime soon.

Comment

Contrary to my predictions, support for PHP6 is now available on our shared hosting servers. For details please refer to this news item.

Comment

This is excellent. Great to stay ahead of the game

Comment

I didn't even know there was a PHP 6 out already!

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                        The PDO PHP extension works only with PHP 5.0 or higher. To use it you need to switch to PHP 5 from the PHP Settings section of the web hosting control panel of your account. After this wait for approximately 10 minutes for the new settings to take effect, then create a php.ini file in the home folder of the domain, for which you want to enable PDO and put the following line in it (or add the following line to the php.ini, if you already have created such a file):
                        Code:
                        extension=pdo.so
                        my cpanel tells me that PHP is version 5.. and I uploaded a php.ini file containing the extension=pdo.so.. yet pdo is still detected as missing..

im trying to install magento.. aside from pdo extension.. another lacking is the pdo_mysql extension..

will RSP activate both.. for us to test magento.. and if successful.. have another way to sell RSP hosting..

thanks in advance

Comment

PDO and PDO_MYSQL in free Resellerpanel

I uploaded the magento test script and this is what i found out.. Free reseller has PDO and PDO_MYSQL.. but but MYSQL version is only 4.1.11 and magento need 4.1.20 or greater

while in CPANEL.. PDO and PDO_MYSQL is missing but have MYSQL 4.1.20

Your server does not meet the following requirements in order to install Magento.
                          The following requirements failed, please contact your hosting provider in order to receive assistance with meeting the system requirements for Magento:

You need MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
                          The following requirements were successfully met:
                          You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
                          Safe Mode is off
                          You have the curl extension
                          You have the dom extension
                          You have the gd extension
                          You have the hash extension
                          You have the iconv extension
                          You have the mcrypt extension
                          You have the pcre extension
                          You have the pdo extension
                          You have the pdo_mysql extension
                          You have the simplexml extension

my question now is .. if we can activate pdo in free reseller.. why cant we activate it in cpanel (which i pay $25/mo).. the same with mysql... why cpanel have higher version than that of free resellerpanel?

feedback would be very much appreciated..

Comment

Even if you get to install Magento on RSP servers, it will not work particularly well. Magento is very resource intensive and requires special hardware/software optimizations to run fast.

Comment

nitecrawler, it seems that unlike the majority of the servers where accounts under the free reseller program are hosted, each of the cPanel reseller servers has somewhat different configuration, so it would be best to address you questions to the cPanel support team directly via a ticket or email, as they are the ones most familiar with these servers.

I have not used or tested Magento, so perhaps JohnQ is right and this particular script is not suitable to run under a shared hosting environment.

Comment

Working...
                              X