pre-installed scripts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-installed scripts question

If a client chooses a hosting plan with a specific pre-installed script such as wordpress or oscommerce, where is that installed? is it in the root? or do they get the choice of where to install it when ordering?

I've done this before, and sadly I can't remember if there's a choice or not. However, I do know the one I installed was put into the root.

Comment

There is no option to choose where to install during singup.
      It will be installed to a directory named by the installation script on the root dir.
      Eg. If you install Joomla 1.5.9 during singup. It would be http://yourdomain.com/joomla_1.5.9/

I guess this is a useless feature if there is no option to change the path during singup.

Comment

Now, I am pretty sure that is incorrect. The script I installed did go straight to root.

Comment

Answer from Support at RS
          The client chooses by himself where the script is to be installed. After the client clicks on the automatically installation here are the details on the second step of installation process"

Database prefix:
          Domain:
          Path:
          Admin user:
          Admin password:
          Confirm Admin password:
          Admin mail:
          Contact mail:
          Language:
          Site name:
          Site description:

The client should choose a domain or subdomain and path for the script. Except that there should be and database created as well.
          The next step is the automatic installation of the script.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification! It is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X