Service has gone downhill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service has gone downhill

I have been with resellerspanel for many years. We host our own site here plus have many clients that we resell to.

We have seen many, many outages in the last year. The latest one happened today. We monitored at least a half hour downtime. When we asked the technician how long our server was down, they said 5 minutes!!

They refused to let us speak with a technician. Why do we want to speak to a technician? Because resellerspanel is not listening to their customers. They are not listening to us. We have seen many outages occur with ours and our customers domains over the last year, and the service has really gone downhill. When we asked for logs to prove that our site was down for "5 minutes", their reply was "Our security policy prohibits us from disclosing such details with our resellers, unfortunately." Who are they kidding?

Resellerspanel: What are you doing to fix the issues? Give us a good reason why we should stay with you? Why are you manipulating data about server downtime? Go ahead and show us the logs. We were sitting here watching our site being down for a half an hour, and you claim it was down five minutes.

What I want to know from forum members is: where should we move all our accounts to?

Sad to see things at RSP like this again. I went through this in 2006 and that's when I moved all my clients away. I only use RSP now to host a few friends.

ResellerCluster has a program similar to ResellersPanel (the only one I know of that's similar, in fact), but their servers are slow when accessed from the U.S.

Comment

May be you can move your clients to westnic.net.

Their reseller plans is considered cheap, or you can go for semi-dedicated plans.

with powerful cPanel server as well as good rep.

best of lucks

Comment

My company began offering unlimited WHM/cPanel Master Reseller plans last week. The rate is $30 per month. If anyone is interested in more info, let me know.

Comment

Do what you want, but as for me, I'm not going anywhere. I've tried others and still believe RSP is the best. I have had excellent support here and the pricing structure for what is available cannot be beat.

Comment

We got a very simple site up today for the reseller plans. Master capabilities coming soon. www.hostingforfive.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
              Do what you want, but as for me, I'm not going anywhere. I've tried others and still believe RSP is the best. I have had excellent support here and the pricing structure for what is available cannot be beat.
              I agree with you, I will stick with them, but it will be great when they will start providing WHMCS in cPanel Program.

Comment

I am totally confused. I am just starting and now I am put in confusion. Need some final word from some one...

Comment

Man, RP has so much potential. Why are they having so many service issues. Today my site was down for almost an hour with 18 outages. WTF!?#!?#

Does anyone know of an enterprise class hosting that I can use for my own site, like what the big boys use, something that is really never down? I can pay up to $50 a month - just for one site that is on an enterprise class system. I'm not looking for people to plug their own hosting, please

To anyone who is reading this thread, looked around and there is really no other system like Resellerspanel out there.. if they could only fix these service issues they would be perfect and I would really send them many more domains. At this point I am going to pull all my domains very shortly! Not worth it, too many stability issues!

Sad...

Comment

Oh! But they seemed sooooo promissing

Comment

Actually it quite depends on which server you and your clients hosted.

Some server has lots of high resources users, then it cause that particular server unstable, so problem exist.

If you're lucky, then it have no problem.

Or, you can open a ticket and request transfer your account to another more stable or latest server, but with a good and reasonable reason.

Comment

Jason which server is your account hosted on?

Comment

jasonsmith, if you want to get help, it’s best to start with some basics such as what type of service are you using a web hosting account under a free reseller account, a cPanel, VPS, semi-dedicated or dedicated plan; on what server are you hosted, the user name of the account you are referring to (helpful, but optional, if you do not like to post on a public forum); the exact times, when you experienced the downtime; how exactly did you "monitor" the downtime, etc. Otherwise, it seems just as a rant.

Originally posted by jasonsmith View Post
                          When we asked the technician how long our server was down, they said 5 minutes!
                          The technician might just be right. It is relatively close to the time a server needs to start and be able to respond to a ping request, if it has been rebooted. However, some of services may require more time until they become accessible again.

You should know that even with the 99.9% uptime guarantee that we offer, a server can still be down 8 hours 45 minutes per year, excluding scheduled maintenance and force majeure.

They refused to let us speak with a technician.
                          Who are "they" and isn’t this contradictory to what you are saying above? You said that a technician "told" you that the server was down for five minutes.

If you mean that were refused to speak with a system administrator, there should not be anything surprising about this. It is the standard policy for Resellers Panel and for many web hosting companies I know. System administrators are busy with fixing issues and keeping the servers running, they do not speak with clients, we have a support team for the purpose. If you are unhappy with the response of a support team member, you can always ask the issue to be escalated to a support team supervisor, but the reply may take some time, if a support supervisor is not immediately available. If you have a web hosting account under a free reseller account and you are unhappy with the performance of the server you are own, you can request your account to be moved to a different server.

Today my site was down for almost an hour with 18 outages.
                          There could be few possible reasons for such an issue:
                          - a server load due to a client abusing the service by using too much resources, in which case our system administrators would isolate and suspend the account in question, of course, it this is not an instant even and may take some time. It’s unfortunate, but this is how things work with a shared service, a single bad user can occasionally spoil the experience for every other client on the server;
                          - an external cause such as a DDoS attack which floods the server, causing access problems, which is possible, though not very likely as most of our servers are behind an anti-DDoS device;
                          - and the most likely reason is a problem in the Internet connection between the server and the client, for which we are not responsible. What have you done to rule out such a possibility?

Does anyone know of an enterprise class hosting that I can use for my own site, like what the big boys use, something that is really never down? I can pay up to $50 a month - just for one site that is on an enterprise class system.
                          There is no such thing as "never down". Even some of Google’s services had been inaccessible on occasions and Google probably has the largest array of highly redundant servers available on the Internet.

And there is no such thing as an "enterprise class system" on a shared hosting plan. If you want enterprise-grade reliability, you should be able to pay out times as much as $50 a month. To increase reliability by a 1/100 of a percent from 99.9% to 99.99%, you could have to pay 100 to 1,000 times as much as you are willing to do.

How do I know this? I work for a company (not Resellers Panel), which has over 500 employees in 28 countries and annual revenue in the range of USD 50mn, granted not the biggest company in the world, but big enough. The monthly IT expenses are probably higher than the range of the example I have provided and there are still glitches in the system occasionally.

Originally posted by eyashwant View Post
                          I am totally confused. I am just starting and now I am put in confusion. Need some final word from some one...
                          Originally posted by eyashwant View Post
                          Oh! But they seemed sooooo promissing
                          I would not make any general conclusions about service quality based on the negative experience of a single or even a few dozen resellers, as Resellers Panel has over 60,000 resellers. There are always some disgruntled customers, even with the best of service, especially, if the number of people using the service is in the 10,000th range or higher. Apple has them, Google has them, and Microsoft has them by the thousands. It’s not possible to please every single customer.

In my personal, admittedly highly subjective, opinion Resellers Panel service has significantly improved over the past couple of years. The fact that this is the single thread on the forum of a reseller with general complaints about the service in weeks, maybe months speaks for itself. You can ask members that have been on the forum for a while such as The Stealthy One, wjleong or vlasi47gr and they will tell you that there were many more complaint threads in the past. The fact that their number has decreased considerably means that Resellers Panel is doing at least something right.

Comment

Milen,

With all due respect, sometimes the service provided by RSP is less than par. Let me tell you about an experience this morning. I called the phone number and was told that I couldn't talk to anyone about support matters (just billing and pre-sales questions only), HOWEVER, if you click on the SUPPORT button on the top of the RSP page, it says phone support is offered 24/7/365.

I logged into WHM this morning and discovered that all of my accounts, with the exception of one, were on the same IP address. When I asked about this, the technician replied that "all of your accounts ARE on the same IP." Of course, when I logged in the second time, they were all on the same IP. The technician won't even admit that he obviously just changed the IPs. Is that quality service? To me, it's a cover-up for something else.

I've used RSP for nearly two years, and the service that I've encountered in the last week is deplorable. I can not speak with a supervisor, nor can I speak with any other person in charge. It's a shame that I'll have to be going elsewhere soon.

To add fuel to the fire, Bryan (support tech) just replied to me and told me that Chris (the original support tech that I had just received an email from 10 minutes earlier) was no longer available and they'd have no way of knowing what happened.

Chris is a liar, and now the other techs are covering for him. Milen, there is a lot more going on than you know. I'll be happy to provide the ticket number if you'd like to research.

ResellersPanel is definitely going downhill.
                            Last edited by Milen; 29-09-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I don't know if RS is going downhill but something lately has been happening. Perhaps because of the amount of people being handled, clients are getting to be more of a statistic rather then a customer. For the past week I have been thinking long and hard about this. In the past few months have moved the smaller clients from the free RS to my cpanel because of constant problems, not that the sites are down but problems with logging in to the account. Have heard it from several people, so I moved them. The one that has left for another company has also specified the same problem. Will be fine for a few days and then again you can't log in. Not accepting your password, not accepting user name. The tech's will tell you that they can't find anything. If it is just one or two people I can understand forgetting these things but not when almost every single client says the same thing.
                              As I said, don't know what is going on but things are rather weird at this point.

There are a few other reasons why I am thinking long and hard on this, but that is for another time.

Comment

Working...
                              X