Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-mail issues not able to be resolved by RSP techs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail issues not able to be resolved by RSP techs.

My question
    Is there a problem with the e-mail system at the moment because I've been trying for over 1 day and I'm still receiving the below error message while trying to retrieve my e-mails using Outlook Express.

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.mywebhost.com', Server: 'mail.mywebhost.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '* OK IMAP4 ready', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Their reply
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

May I ask what username and password are you using for logging?

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Mine
    The one used to logging in to my e-mail? If the e-mail address is webmaster@mywebhost.com, the username would be webmaster@mywebhost.com

Theirs
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Please use "mywebhost.com" as the username.

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Mine
    But I have different e-mail addresses created, such as webmaster@mywebhost.com & sales@mywebhost.com If I were to use "mytrustywebhost.com" as the username, Outlook Express wouldn't be able to differentiate which account I'm wanting to download from right?

Theirs
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the only 'real' email account is "sales@mywebhost.com", for which the username is "mywebhost.com". Anything else is an email alias, which is not a different email account.

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Mine
    However, the instructions for setting up the username in my outlook express as stated in the "HELP" section states differently as below:

E-mail client program - for establishing a connection between your e-mail client and our mail server you can use either POP3 protocol or IMAP. The following parameters need to be entered in the respective e-mail client's account settings fields, for that purpose:
    E-mail account: name@my-best-domain.com
    POP3/IMAP (incoming mail server): mail.mywebhost.com
    SMTP (outgoing mail server): mail.mywebhost.com
    Username: the mailbox name, e.g. name@my-best-domain.com
    Password: the mailbox password, which you have set

Please, NOTE that our outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication. Mind to set the following parameters when using:

Outlook Express: check the box "My server requires authentication"
    Eudora: check the box "Authentication allowed"
    Mozilla: enable the option "Use name and password"
    Mail for Mac OS X: check the box "Use authentication when sending mail", set authentication to "MD5 Challenge-Response"

If you experience problems when sending mail, it is possible that your ISP may block remote SMTP connections to our outgoing mail server. In this case you can use your ISP's SMTP server in the configuration of your e-mail client.

Tip: Click on the icon to easily configure your Outlook Express with the e-mail account settings.

What are the mailserver settings that I must use for my e-mails?
    Required mailservers for the e-mails in your account are:

POP3/IMAP (incoming mail server): mail.mywebhost.com
    SMTP (outgoing mail server): mail.mywebhost.com

Their reply
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Right. For reseller domains, however, we have the following help menu:

Login by using only your domain name as username, e.g. your-private-label.com and the password, which you have set in "Domain Manager" section. The SMTP server requires authentication!

Best Regards,
    Bryan

My reply
    I tried using "mywebhost.com" as the username but it still wouldn't work. I still get the same error message.

Theirs
    Hello,

I will escalate this ticket to our administrators for further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Theirs
    Hello,

The issue has been fixed. The password is now "******[excluded for security reasons]".

Best Regards,
    Bryan

My reply
    Settings in my outlook express:

Server Information
    My incoming mail server: POP3
    Incoming mail(POP3): mail.mywebhost.com
    Outgoing mail(SMTP): mail.mywebhost.com

Incoming mail server
    Account name: mywebhost.com
    Password: ******

Outgoing mail server:
    My server requires authentication is ticked

With the settings above, I still receive the error message.

Theirs
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Please consider using in this case:

POP3/IMAP server: mail.s_upremecenter.com
    SMTP server: mail.s_upremecenter.com

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Mine
    I thought only the resellers using free resellerspanel without purchasing their own webhosting package uses mail.s_upremecenter.com no?

Theirs
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Whether you have purchased a hosting account or not plays no role when it comes to reseller domain names.

Best Regards,
    Bryan

Mine
    After changing the setting in my Outlook Express to

there wasn't any error being displayed when I checked for e-mail. However, when I sent a test e-mail to one of my address, myemail@mywebhost.com , I didn't receive that e-mail at all. When I checked using the web-based e-mail feature, the e-mail is there, but using my outlook express doesn't download the e-mail at all.

Theirs
    Hello,

You can access your mail via POP3 or IMAP with the following settings:

Login by using only your domain name as username, e.g. mytrustywebhost.com and the password, which you have set in "Domain Manager" section. The SMTP server requires authentication!

Best Regards,
    Chris

I then gave up and closed the ticket.
    Last edited by drummerboy; 25-04-2010, 01:27 PM.

drummerboy, are you sure that Outlook Express on your computer is operating correctly?

Have you used the same Outlook Express installation to receive email from another account elsewhere such as a free email like Gmail or Yahoo! mail account and does it work correctly in this case?

You could also try installing Mozilla Thunderbird as an alternative to Outlook Express. It's easy to install and is a much better email client than the already outdated Outlook Express. You can download Mozilla Thunderbird from here.

Comment

After read all your communication with rsp, I feel wanna laugh.

sorry, not offense, just the style of communication :

-----------------------------
      Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards,
      -----------------------------

at the moment, using their webmail is the best solution for you until you get your problem fixed.

try to open another ticket at different time, may be you will get different answers or solutions that can fix your problem.

Comment

I've managed to solve the issue. It seems my Avast 5(I updgraded from Avast 4.8) was blocking the incoming port 110 that is used for receiving e-mails from the server; but that just means that the tech support wasn't able to pinpoint other issues that may be at fault while just insisting that I change my mail servers to mail.s_upremecenter.com

Comment

Working...
        X