Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Chat script on Custom reseller site broken

Hi,

I have long had the Live Chat working on my custom reseller site (Free Reseller program) but now it does not work anymore.

I can see on RSP templates that the code has changed but I have not figured out how to make it work.

Has anyone else got it figured out?

Hello,

It is strongly advisable that you disable the custom live chat script because custom live chat scripts may lower the productivity of our sales representatives in the means of them not being able to correctly track the store from which the supposed client/chatter is writing them, etc.

I also admit that there is no live chat alternative for custom designed web sites, because the live chat is primarily connected to a third party API which in response is connected to our system.

Regards,
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.Newton View Post
      Hello,

It is strongly advisable that you disable the custom live chat script because custom live chat scripts may lower the productivity of our sales representatives in the means of them not being able to correctly track the store from which the supposed client/chatter is writing them, etc.

I also admit that there is no live chat alternative for custom designed web sites, because the live chat is primarily connected to a third party API which in response is connected to our system.

Regards,
      Chris
      Hello Chris

Just picked up on this one. I also use the chat code and have a couple of questions.

1 ) can the visitor to the custom site pass on the support ID during a chat and that identify the individual reseller?

2) If not how exactly does the chat script pass on the information to identify a reseller from the reseller templates? I have had to update the code 2 or 3 times due to changes and I have included all the code involving chat that I could find.

Comment

Well I just tested the script off my custom site and the chat representative did not have any problems Identifying my reseller store on my custom site. Interested parties PM me and I will send you a copy of the code I cut from my reseller template to make this work to give you and Idea of where to look for your code in your own reseller template.

Comment

The LiveChat code is available in the source code of the templates. Visit your reseller site, click the right mouse button on the template and select "View Source Code". Then search for these two lines.
          <!-- Start LiveChatNow.Com Chat Window -->

And

<!-- End LiveChatNow.Com Monitoring -->

If you get the whole chunk of code between these two lines and add it to the the custom website, that will be good enough our sales representatives to see from which reseller site the visitor is coming.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification kevin

Comment

The initiative taken for the concern is very serious and need an
              attention of every one. This is the concern which exists in the
              society and needs to be eliminated from the society as soon as
              possible.

Resell Rights

Comment

Those of you that already had incorporated the live chat into their custom sites will find it no longer works, if your using the custom images for Available, Busy etc. will find that it is always off-line.

The url's for the chat servers have now changed from http://secure.hostinglivechat.com to https://secure.livechatnow.com and http://zebra.livechatnow.com

The script has slightly changed too so as Kevin said just copy code between those two lines and re-edit it to suit your site, I tried it and now all is well.

Comment

Working...
                X