Resller claims.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resller claims.....

to have developed their own web hosting software in house. Is this true? What software exactly have they developed. I had this on my store template, and a customer asked about it. Now I need an answer.

Originally posted by jmatos View Post
    to have developed their own web hosting software in house. Is this true? What software exactly have they developed. I had this on my store template, and a customer asked about it. Now I need an answer.
    I don't think they made the software from ground up. They use cpanel which is a software that you can install on your own computer weather it's desktop or a server.

here is their site: http://www.cpanel.net/

I would say that what resellerspanel did I am not 100% sure they made some customization. So they may added some features like their own api for interaction with their own servers so you can like place orders from your website and send them directly to theirs.

I am pertty new here but I am a software engineer myself. So I know a thing or two about the software side of things. From what I seen from here based on the videos and description.

It seems they made their own api to their ordering system. For dedicated hosting for your client that panel they use to setup the websites/ server etc..
    they used cpanel which is a not open sourced so you do have to pay to get the software.

resellerspanel must of installed the software and might made custom code to add on to it to add specific features but I doubt they coded the software from ground up.

Take my post as a grain of salt. I think a rep from this site will have a better answer. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey97 View Post
      I don't think they made the software from ground up. They use cpanel which is a software that you can install on your own computer weather it's desktop or a server.

here is their site: http://www.cpanel.net/

I would say that what resellerspanel did I am not 100% sure they made some customization. So they may added some features like their own api for interaction with their own servers so you can like place orders from your website and send them directly to theirs.

I am pertty new here but I am a software engineer myself. So I know a thing or two about the software side of things. From what I seen from here based on the videos and description.

It seems they made their own api to their ordering system. For dedicated hosting for your client that panel they use to setup the websites/ server etc..
      they used cpanel which is a not open sourced so you do have to pay to get the software.

resellerspanel must of installed the software and might made custom code to add on to it to add specific features but I doubt they coded the software from ground up.

Take my post as a grain of salt. I think a rep from this site will have a better answer. Good luck.
      It's 100% custom made I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
        It's 100% custom made I believe.
        any resources I can take a look at?? they said it's cpanel hosting.

I assume that it's using cpanel software which can be modified and most companies usally buy some sort of base software and then make changes because writing your own code from scratch isn't business friendly option. Usally businesses just grab softwares on the market and then make some changes to them.

This comes from my background. I don't know if resellers panel dose this or not.
        I would be surprised if they written the code from scratch by themselves. That would be labor intensive and would cost alot rather then buy existing software and using that software and or make modifications to that software bought.

If they did it from scratch I would give them props. Since I know most companies don't do this not even software companies.

Like microsoft making windows He first bought DOS he didn't create it himself. But some smart kid built it and didn't know how valuable it was. Bill gates knew and used the DOS as the foundation of the windows OS. He then built the OS up from DOS.

So most companies not all actually do what I explained in previous post.

I would love to read something on how they made their own in house software. It would be an interesting read.

Comment

server

That sounds confusing to me, all the hosting companies used control panel all you have to do is to install it. you can customize your control panel as well.

Comment

does this program thanks a alot

Comment

Originally posted by marryjones View Post
              That sounds confusing to me, all the hosting companies used control panel all you have to do is to install it. you can customize your control panel as well.
              Who are you referring too? Looks like your quoting someone. If it's me... then let me explain myself.

Cpanel is a software. It's a control panel for hosting companies. It is basicly webpages that are already coded by the programmers that made up the Cpanel software. Hosting companies use their software to present clients with a interface to upload files to their servers or like change settings etc.

Cpanel does give you a interface where you can customize meaning you can add on to it and add more features to it or change the colors and the looks and feel of the interface to the client. This allows you to present the client with a interface that would look more professional and your own.

I never heard most develop in house software for their own hosting company.

I know some would buy software and then code on top of it. If you done something from scratch it will take you a while unless you have a team of programmers.

I speak just from experience. I don't know if resellers panel actually did in house or not. Just saying in other hosting companies they say that developed in house but when I took at look at theirs. I ended up finding them using Cpanel as the bases of their control panel. They added onto that software. So you can't say 100% made by the hosting company or made from scratch.

Just sharing my experience. Like I said I don't know if resellers panel did code their control panel themselves or not. If they said they did then you will have to take their word for it. Just saying others don't code everything from ground up. If they did they will be a software company and not in the business of hosting websites.

To answer OP'S question. If you have to give a response to a client. You will have to pass on what your told. Which yes, it's true. Based from what the other posts on here said that RP did tell them that it's developed in house for the free resellers program. There are other reseller programs on here like the Cpanel one which if you are using that program from this site. Then your using Cpanel which isn't made by CP but it's a well known control panel made for hosting companies.

So if your using the free program then yes RP made their own stuff. If your using the Cpanel resellers program then no that panel isn't created by RP.
              Last edited by hockey97; 08-05-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

An official rep will clear this thing.. Now, I'm curious

Comment

Originally posted by annejones143 View Post
                  An official rep will clear this thing.. Now, I'm curious

They don't need too. Posts above did say that RP does say that it's in house developed.

For the OP: I answered his question. He should tell his client that yes it's in house developed. That if he is using the free program and not the Cpanel program.

Comment

Working...
                  X