Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain name transfer from ResellersPanel to another registrar (help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name transfer from ResellersPanel to another registrar (help please)

Hi, I need help with instructions on how to transfer a domain name from ResellersPanel to another registrar. Already searched the site for instructions, tutorials or clues on the FAQs but no luck so far. I'm assisting a person, she is not a fluid english speaker-reader-writer so I will be explaining the instructions you can kindly give me to her, unless there is of course some spanish tutorial on how to perform the steps on the domain panel.

I just found instructions on how to move a domain to ResellersPanel, but not the other way around: moving it out of ResellersPanel.

Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated, specially video tutorials or alike.

It depends on the TLD of the domain, is it .com, .net, .eu, .de etc.

Usually it involves logging into the Control Panel and under My Domains > Registered Domains find the domain you want to transfer. Make sure that the WHOIS details are correct, especially the contact emails. If there is a problem with the transfer these email might be critical in regaining control. If the domain being transferred is a .com,.net click on the EPP icon next to the domain yo want to transfer, as below

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshotCP.png
Views:	181
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	54776

This requests the EPP Authorization key which your new registrar will need. Go to your new registrar and start the transfer process with them, they will ask you for the EPP Key. Its quite simple really!

Can I ask why she wants to take it away from RSP?

Comment

Thanks clivejo for the helpful information. We will be helping her to transfer the domain to one of my domain accounts, I was not familiar with your panel and I don't have an account here, but after reading around perhaps I will.

Can I ask why she wants to take it away from RSP?
      They are a web company managing websites and domains (not fluent english speakers), one of their clients is making the switch and actually hiring our services. We talked about (a) moving the domain or (b) updating the DNS to point to my servers but they are not well versed on this and most of their answers were "it can't be done" when we all know yes, it can be done. At the end the client is not fully satisfied with the way things are going so it became a reason to leave and not taking their services. There are other things but it seems some companies believe THEY are the owners of the domains while that's not true, the clients own their domains.

Thanks for the information and your time.

Comment

No problem. Just so you know its not my panel. Its a custom build Control Panel called Hepsia. However, I have grown very fond of it over the years having used many other popular control panels and the annoying ways they do things!

Just so you know Resellers Panel offer full DNS control from within the Control Panel, just might feel a bit odd using the CP the first few times, but its pretty self explanatory. Also from within the free resellers program you can get domains names for $9 a year, with a discount when combined with hosting which make them $6.

Comment

Originally posted by hroldan View Post
          At the end the client is not fully satisfied with the way things are going so it became a reason to leave and not taking their services. There are other things but it seems some companies believe THEY are the owners of the domains while that's not true, the clients own their domains.
          Yes, there seem to be a few of those type of people about! They will tell what ever lies it suits to make a sale. We call them cowboys!

Just make sure the WHOIS information is correct before you start the transfer process. In some cases, I would leave 24hours from correcting the WHOIS information, just so that InterNIC or whoever, has the correct data.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
            No problem. Just so you know its not my panel. Its a custom build Control Panel called Hepsia. However, I have grown very fond of it over the years having used many other popular control panels and the annoying ways they do things!

Just so you know Resellers Panel offer full DNS control from within the Control Panel, just might feel a bit odd using the CP the first few times, but its pretty self explanatory. Also from within the free resellers program you can get domains names for $9 a year, with a discount when combined with hosting which make them $6.
            Thanks for the info

Yes, there seem to be a few of those type of people about! They will tell what ever lies it suits to make a sale. We call them cowboys!

Just make sure the WHOIS information is correct before you start the transfer process. In some cases, I would leave 24hours from correcting the WHOIS information, just so that InterNIC or whoever, has the correct data.
            At the end the lady played dirty so the domain won't be transferred, lie after lie. The client got tired of this. Too bad. Thanks for the information, tips and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by hroldan View Post
              At the end the lady played dirty so the domain won't be transferred, lie after lie. The client got tired of this. Too bad. Thanks for the information, tips and advice.
              Was the lady a reseller?

Comment

Was the lady a reseller?
                Yes, the problem is, from start she told the client it was impossible to transfer a domain (to justify keeping it). It's a long story, I understand she asked assistance at the end but it was too late perhaps because there were too many "it can't be done" that clearly were not true. I understand some people don't know why, but we can always ask, right? does the case sounds familiar in time and topic?

Comment

I’m not sticking up for her in any way, but it might have been more of a "I have no clue how to transfer it, therefore it cant be done!" But to be honest all it would have taken is a quick support ticket via her resellers panel to find out!

People dont just know stuff, it takes time, practice and an interest in the subject area to learn. I like to learn stuff, it gives me an inner sense of achievement. I have learned a lot from reading peoples experiences on this board over the years.

Comment

I’m not sticking up for her in any way, but it might have been more of a "I have no clue how to transfer it, therefore it cant be done!" But to be honest all it would have taken is a quick support ticket via her resellers panel to find out!

People dont just know stuff, it takes time, practice and an interest in the subject area to learn. I like to learn stuff, it gives me an inner sense of achievement. I have learned a lot from reading peoples experiences on this board over the years.
                    I couldn't agree more with you but here it was a problem of negative attitude. We were more than willing to help, I even took the time to ask. As you said it: she could open a support ticket. That was my initial advice but the repetitive thing was (in the following order) :

It's impossible
                    No way that can't be done
                    It's complex
                    It takes time, lots of time

They even charged the client with a renewal and the domain hasn´t changed status, still not renews. It's a long story, I guess some people take offense on clients leaving. Simple as that I was asked "can this be done?" yes. The client was happier with that than a set of negatives. Well, that's all I can say, too bad.

Comment

Have you been able to start the process?? .com's tend to be easier than .co.uk and .eu which require faffing about with tags and verify emails!

Comment

Have you been able to start the process?? .com's tend to be easier than .co.uk and .eu which require faffing about with tags and verify emails!
                        Nope, the client got tired of waiting and after reading the emails he is going for a new domain, the attitude of the lady only got her out of business with a red flag.

So new domain, no problems. The client knows for sure I'm only working on his stuff, all the stuff belongs to him, including his domain.

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                          X