New Domain Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domain Extensions

I have been wondering about the 700+ new domain extensions that are supposed to be coming out very shortly. Realistically, I think that most businesses would prefer a .com ending over any of those new ones, but we shall see. I hope that RP is already figuring out how to add these to our existing WP sites. It is going to open up so many options for businesses when naming their websites. It would be nice to get setup for this early, start advertising now, and then just press the live button on this when they are available. It looks as though this is one of the websites that is ready to go -- not trying advertise their site, just noticed them when doing a search for the new domain extensions. I found many others also in my search so obviously the rush is starting...
    Last edited by clivejo; 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: Links to rival company's are not allowed

I found more info on the timelines of the new domain extensions here ...
    Last edited by clivejo; 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM. Reason: Links to rival companys are not allowed

Comment

• clivejo
      clivejo commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry sydnac, direct links to competitors websites are not allowed. I realize that your only trying to give examples, but please keep to articles with no links to other registrars. First and fore most this forum is for ResellersPanel products, services and support. I know most resellers probably use other providers, including myself, but please dont link to them on this forum. I hope you understand my position on this, if you have questions about my response here please PM me. Thanks

I dont know if you are aware but RSP works with eNom. Therefore, I would assume if the TLD are available via eNom then RSP will most likely be passing those on. I do know eNom has a watch list, which requires an account to use.

I do share your curiosity on how RSP will offer these. Hopefully someone from RSP will give us more information.

Comment

RSP might be working for eNom, but you also forget RSP is also its own Domain Registrar. They don't need to work with eNom to register domain names anymore, they can do it on their own.

Comment

I just asked a RP customer service rep. via chat about the new domain endings, and he had no knowledge of any new ones being offered at RP yet. Has anyone found a way to sell the new domain endings here yet?

Comment

If RSP plans on being competitive in the domain market then information should be available for resellers to assure them of this.... Especially as rsp are their own registrar.... these new TLDs are OLD news now.....

Originally posted by sydnac View Post
          I just asked a RP customer service rep. via chat about the new domain endings, and he had no knowledge of any new ones being offered at RP yet. Has anyone found a way to sell the new domain endings here yet?
          There are other options of course but they will cost you out of pocket and they are not prime choice because they will not integrate seemless into your rsp reseller site.

Curious to hear information of this myself as this is not a low jacked question.

Comment

Working...
          X