Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the recent OpenSSL bug be patched on VPS running Hepsia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the recent OpenSSL bug be patched on VPS running Hepsia?

With the recent media storm regarding the so called "Heart Bleed" bug in OpenSSL, will RSP be patching all VPS servers? Even the un-managed ones? The reason I ask is that we cant manage the server if it is running Hepsia, therefore how can we fix the issue?

From what I've heard, RSP has already patched all the shared services and all the VPS's and other servers that have managed services. I'm not sure whether they've also patched the un-managed ones or not, though. From what information I've been given, They may have put the burden of updating the un-managed plans on the plan holder. I could, of course, be entirely wrong about that. I don't have an un-managed VPS, so I can't tell you for certain. Hopefully, RSP will have an answer regarding this.

Comment

Its a bit of an uncertain area. An OZ01 plan with Hepsia doesn’t have a root login, because Hepsia CP needs a certain configuration to be able to work. Therefore the plan holder can't make the changes his/her/it self even if he/she/it wanted to.

It is something I need to know!

Comment

Clivejo,

I contacted support day before yesterday and was told that shared hosting and managed vps's received the open ssl update. You are correct about hespia vps's not having root so i would file a support ticket to find out the proper procedure to update your OVZ-01 vps, under those circumstances support may handle it for you.

Comment

To be honest not having it defeats the point of using Hepsia!

Comment

Well not having root with hespia defeats the purpose of having a vps for sure.... ovz-04 with managed services is more like having a semi-dedicated plan on s t e r o i d s... minus the backups 4 times daily.. hmmm the profanity filter edited that word lol.

Comment

Hi guys.

Sorry for the delayed answer.

All Hepsia based Servers have been patched already (minutes after the information about the bug was released).

All Managed VPS/Dedicated Servers have been patched already.

All Un-Managed VPS/Dedicated Servers have been notified in a Ticket about the bug.

In the mentioned Ticket we have provided instructions how the issue can be resolved.

I can also confirm that all Un-Managed VPS/Dedicated Servers that have contacted us, have been patched by us without any additional fees!

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Are only certain Un-managed VPS informed? I have a self managed OZ01 and didn't get any notification?

Comment

• clivejo
                  clivejo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could be spammers replies and then the reply is being deleted?

• doneritehosting
                  doneritehosting commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Talking of email notifications from the forum clivejo... this is not a spammer with a deleted reply Ian is a RSP employee

• clivejo
                  clivejo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh. I have no idea then :/

Hello.

clivejo, I have missed "affected" in my "All Un-Managed VPS/Dedicated Servers have been notified in a Ticket about the bug", sorry.

Your Self-Managed VPS has not been affected by the bug, this is the reason we have not notified you.

We have scanned all of our client's Servers IPs: https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/ and contacted only the affected ones.

Best Regards,
                Tom.

Comment

It was affected, but I patched it as soon as I realized the problem. But its nice to see you guys have my back Thank-you for going that extra step.

Comment

Working...
                  X