Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business Plan and above... different php versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Plan and above... different php versions?

on a multi-domain plan, is php version determined ONLY by the main account settings (per account) or can you choose different php versions for different domains? Second best soluiton/option: if we cannot set my domain folder in the control panel, are there .htaccess calls we can use per domain to use a certain php version that way?

...sorry, lots of questions today!

Hello,

The PHP Version selected from the Hepsia Control Panel -> Advanced -> PHP Configuration is global for all hosted domains, however, you can create and use .htaccess files to force different domains to use the PHP Version that you want.

Best Regards,
    Ian Stone

Comment

Perfect! Just what we wanted to hear... we'll inquire as to exact syntax when we're ready to set up THANK YOU.

Comment

Add the following line to your .htaccess file

Code:
        [FONT=Courier New]AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php[/FONT]
        This switches to PHP5.5, or change it to what ever version you require.

Comment

thanks clivejo! Perfect. You guys ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
            Add the following line to your .htaccess file

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php[/FONT]
            This switches to PHP5.5, or change it to what ever version you require.
            Getting ready to do one and wanted to verify indeed the syntax is ....-php55 and not -php5.5.

Thanks clivjo

Comment

WOW!!! - This is great info to have. Thanks for both asking the question and the answer, but once you switch to a different version in .htaccess how do you/I control the settings for that version of PHP?

For example I may have one site that needs Zend and another that won't work with it installed/turned on.

Comment

You can control individual settings by appending php_value to the front and adding it into your .htaccess file, like so

Code:
                 php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
                You should also be able to set config settings from inside PHP, ie

Code:
                [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#0000BB]ini_set[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]([/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'[/COLOR][/COLOR]upload_max_filesize[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#DD0000]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700], [/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'100M'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]);[/COLOR][/COLOR]
                Last edited by clivejo; 25-08-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks clivejo, I'm going to try it the next time I get a chance....

Comment

Code:
                    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php
                    this didn't work for us... when in place, it forces a save as / download popup. Is the syntax correct and without typo?

Comment

Sorry, didn’t do my homework!! Try this

Code:

SetEnv PHP_VERSION 55

Comment

We'll give this a swing this evening THANK YOU so much ​for second effort!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                          Sorry, didn’t do my homework!! Try this

Code:
                          SetEnv PHP_VERSION 55
                          YES>>> PERFECT, thank you clivejo! I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate your continued help.

Also, more cudos for RSP on this matter... not only is it easy to run individual sites on the php flavor of choice with this code jewel, but coupled with the php configuration, PER VERSION in Hespia control panel, you can eliminate your "strict" error displays when moving up in php version...

I am NOT a coder but have excellent research skills (thank you grad school). One of our main Joomal! enterprise sites which I dearly love the template, was showing all sorts of strict errors when moved to php v5.4. After a quick google, i knew what i have to do (simply disable error display in php.ini) but had no idea where/how to do. Thanks to the wonderful advanced php applet in Hespia I was able to "turn off" error display specifically for php 5.4 by clicking a radio button!

We are continually amazed at the level of support, flexibility and all around ease of use of RSP and of Hespia in particular.

On a separate note, i don't think i will again use the emoticon I used above... it reminds me too much of the gals in the front row of a circa late 60's Tom Jones concert. I'm sure some of you understand the image.

Comment

LOL no problem Larry. I work with different servers and my brain gets stuck in gear sometimes. Different distributions use different syntax to do the same thing But yes, I totally agree, Hepsia is a great CP for beginners and more advanced users, like myself

Comment

Give clivejo a clapping hand everybody he code lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X