Offering "hidden" plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering "hidden" plans

We would love to offer unpromoted somewhat "secret" plans apart from our normal available plans. Is there a way to possibly have a sign up page for a couple non publically offered plans that we could direct "special people" to or can that only be handled by a separate store offering?

If it has to be a separate store, is there any way to utilize our main dns cluster and URL's? I think we may be stretching on this one, but it doesn't hurt to ask. - thx

(believe it or not that's the end of our saved up questions! You all have been very patient and helpful)

Hello,

It *could* be possible to create *hidden* pages using the WordPress Templates as you can just edit out the URLs from the main indexes of the site, however if the plans are made available they will still appear as choosable in the Order Form, so perhaps using a different store would be the better alternative.

Best Regards,
    Ian Stone

Comment

we wanted to see if someone had come up with a "clever" idea, but realistically were thinking we'd need another brand. There are hundreds of ways about going about it all until you get to that order page. Thanks for the response.

Comment

I think two stores can share the same brand as such. I use two stores in order to display the correct prices (including VAT) on my reseller site. The other store is in default currency ($) and I use that to order services at wholesale.

Doneritehosting and I have been talking about setting up a totally separate WP site for each service and having a separate store for each of these. For example we would have domains.mybrand.com, vps.mybrand.com, dedicated.mybrand.com. On each of the subdomains you would only be able to order those services (ie you could only order vps services from the vps subdomain.)
        Last edited by clivejo; 20-05-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Try this larry.... in the resellerpanel create a "test plan" in the plan builder.... set it "active and offered" at first. in the reseller plugin refresh your cache. the plan will show then on your site. click the purchase button taking you to the order form. make note of the order url (copy and paste it to a text editor). Then go back to the resellerpanel leave the plan "active" but set it as not offered. refresh the cache in the resellerpanel plugin again. This will remove the plan from your site and orderform but leave it active. try the url you made note of in a browser then....

Hopefully the url will take you to the order form with the still active plan ready to order.

I have not tried this so I do not know if it will work, but if it does not you will not be able to do what you want with hidden plans.

Just a thought before you let the Idea go, let us know if it works

Comment

Thanks donerite, we were hoping for "clever" and that certainly is. We will try that as plan A, it would allow us to only use one store/brand and could still take advantage of our branded DNS cluster; then use a separate store as Plan B.

Although... @clivejo: what you're doing in your top bit with the same brand, different pricing, that's basically what we're wanting to do. Are you using separate clusters?

Comment

The "stores" should use the same cluster.

Wordpress has a function called Multi-Site, which when enables allows mutliple sites (different URL/domains) running from one main installation.

Comment

donerite's idea WORKS... in initial quick testing that is. We'll be implementing this yet this week and make sure it's stable, but it looks good! The individual plan sign up pages have a unique plan ID at the end of the URL. Currently we are not using the preconfigured "Starter Plan" We made it active and available, grabed the URL and then backed it out again.

the "starter plan" DOES NOT appear on our order page, but indeed it accessible from direct URL. you can see the results here:
                http://www.strategywebs.com/order-fo...ng/?plan=44029 and compare it to our main order page. Of course this was a quick test and we do not know how long this test link will remain valid.

KUDOS to DONERIGHT!

Comment

Multi Domain Wordpress setup instructions here - http://resources.kevinspence.org/mul...-on-wordpress/

Comment

so clivejo, if these are different instances of WP but branching as it were from the main install, other instances would tie into the RSP plugin and utilize the main domain cluster?

Comment

Glad it worked larry! The url should remain valid as WP reseller sites do not use a shopping cart and order urls are not encoded gibberish yet anyhow lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X