Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.strategywebs.com, my shared plans on home page buttons are working, goes to order page with choice of buy domain or host domain. this functionality is fine.

on my Shared hosting tab or US hosting tab, order now buttons go to order page BUT the "host doamain" tab is not there and the register domain funciton is dead. same on my VPS offerins. Is everyone seeing this.... known issue or do i need to contact support directly? thanks.

The signup now link carry's you to the default order page to register new domain names only. Directly underneath the username field are selections for hosting, semi-decated etc. click one of those and you will see the host domain and register domain functions you are missing...

You have multiple order pages

* order page - registering new domains - and handles plan ordering from banners

* get shared hosting - handles orders from shared plan boxes

* get openvz - registers openvz

* get Virtuozzo VPS

* Get semi-dedicated

* Get dedicated

The theory is to keep only information and selections on the order form relevant to what the customer is ordering.
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 03-06-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Looks as if you have it figured out now.... Little script modding? Good job Larry, except when you search a domain and click purchase the order page selects your mini plan to go with it now... Unless of course this is what you wanted of course...

Comment

Hello.

I have noticed that in most cases where the buttons or menus are not working, disabling and then re-enabling all of the plugins helps.

You can easily do that from the Plugins page >> Select All >> Disable, then Enable.

Best Regards,
        Tom.

Comment

Seems that I mis read your post Larry sorry bout that......

To add to Tom's post, Are you using any plugins besides the RSP plugin? In particular wordfence security? Wordfence will cause issues with the order form of this nature.

If so Disable all plugins except RSP's and check if functionality is restored..... then reenable plugins 1 by 1 to see what the culprit is then file a support ticket bugging the plugin

Comment

Thanks Tom/donrite.. too busy last night we'll try disable/enable this evening. We're not really WP users so we're going slow and RSP is only plugin we're using (that we know of). Thanks again. No emergency, we're Open for face-2-face business but haven't officially "launched" yet. We're actively looking for issues at this point!

Comment

It's awful weird.... Your order link in the top menu and the "sign up now" link at the top of site should default to the standard default order page which is to order a domain. But they have you mini-plan selected. Your home page plan boxes work fine but they also use the default order page. When you order services off any other of your pages which use

* get shared hosting - handles orders from shared plan boxes

* get openvz - registers openvz

* get Virtuozzo VPS

* Get semi-dedicated

* Get dedicated

Nothing works...

A domain search from http://www.strategywebs.com/inexpensive-domains/ defaults with your mini plan selected and it shouldn't do that... Domain manager should be the default plan selected under the tab domains on the order form when doing that. You do not have a domain tab that shows after doing this search either on the order form.

Maybe Tom or another support rep will jump in on this but if you have no plugins installed except the RSP plugin its more than likely either script errors or a database error...

I would personally not waste anymore time trying to fix it yourself if you are "live" with F to F sales... I'd file a support ticket on this one.... A backup restore is a simple quick fix for this problem (if you restore to a date before this started) but I would still file the support ticket so that support and the DEV's know this incident happened....

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                Your order link in the top menu and the "sign up now" link at the top of site should default to the standard default order page which is to order a domain. But they have you mini-plan selected. Your home page plan boxes work fine but they also use the default order page.
                I think it depends on your settings in your RS CP. You can set the plan priority and even turn off the default domain manager plan.

Comment

Hey clivejo thanks for jumping in.... there is something wrong though..... None of larrys other services are turned off in the RP though or the plan pages themselves would be blank.... no plans listed.... I tried that as I only wanted to offer openvz for vps hosting..... to many references to the Virtuozzo page throughout the whole site just to delete the page..... Its awful weird

I amend this..... if he has refreshed his reseller cache in the plugin the pages will be blank if the services are disabled..... My bad....
                  But his shared services are enabled, you can order them off the home page with no problem but you cannot off this page.... http://www.strategywebs.com/web-hosting-packages/ which leads me to believe there are scripting / database errors....
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 04-06-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have found the issues donerite is speaking of, and I strongly encourage you to open up a support ticket so we can resolve them, and have your store 100% operational.

Best Regards,
                    Ian Stone

Comment

WOW WOW WOW, you guys are working on this for me while we aren't able to! Thank you. I'll open a support ticket later, again not an emergency at the moment but yes has to be right for us to launch. It could be a glitch or our unfamiliarity with WP and being new to your Reseller COntrol panel back end. THANKS AGAIN, Ive never had people watch our backs like this.

Thanks all, donerite, tom, clivejo, ian

(interesting timing as your show of dedication comes at a time of major impasse with our "other" reseller platform" - we have suddenly shifted a lot more emphasis on RSP - there may soon be a shift in our "flagship" platform offering!)

Comment

No problem Larry, just hope its fixed soon.... let us know what the problem was BTW...

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                          ... let us know what the problem was BTW...
                          ABSOLUTLY MY FRIENDS!

Comment

okay, scheduled some time to work on this and with support tomorrow. In the meantime (since I've noticed many of you community minded folks seem to monitor this forum VERY regularly) I want to throw this out.... We did do one thing... we had changed our main IP from the one RSP assigned us when they did our WP setup for us to the "shared for SSL" ip. Could that be messing with the pages/scripts? Remember, its not a DNS issue, all pages are resolving properly and we are only "forcing" SSL on /wp-login and /wp-admin... no plugings... just .htaccess rewrites and their working fine. Could something in the plugin/internal scripts be IP dependent? Just thoughts.

I'll report back after I've had a go with support. I'm actually going to call in since this is detailed and I haven't had the phone experience with you guys yet (another check-off on our list of vetting to-do's). Again we do not want to sound "giddy as a school girl" but RSP's and peer support has been spectacular.

Comment

That is a good question.... clivejo knows more about how the plugin functions with the api more than anyone I have spoke with so far (resellers)... the way clivejo has explained that is the plugin communicates and pulls reseller and service information from rsp via its own ip. Your dedicated IP shouldn't cause this problem but..... lol! Yeah I'm interested to know whats wrong....

Comment

Working...
                              X