Quick question on 3rd party SSL certs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on 3rd party SSL certs

curious, (don't you love it when we start out with that!) can we bring in 3rd party SSL certs for a hosting account we buy here? If so, whats the process, do we install, does RSP support install, is there a fee, how do they renew, etc. Thanks. guys

That's one you will have to open a ticket for. 3rd party certs can be very tricky to setup and will have to be reissued for the new server. Open a support ticket and let us know how it goes

Comment

thanks clivejo... sounds like its possible! We just have a REALLY GOOD resource on wholesale certs, but if its much of a hassle we'd still do the wholesale price here from RSP. It's about $18 diff, but that $18 could cause a lot of inconvenience. We love to save money but not at the rate of shooting ourselves in the foot! ...We'll let you know.

Comment

Would you mind sharing your resource with me in a private message? Just want to check it out, and do a bit of research

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          Would you mind sharing your resource with me in a private message? Just want to check it out, and do a bit of research
          have sent!

Comment

Hello theLarry!

"can we bring in 3rd party SSL certs for a hosting account we buy here"

- Yes, no problem!

"If so, whats the process, do we install, does RSP support install,"

​- You need to generate CSR Request from the Hepsia Hosting Control Panel: My Domains >> SSL Certificates >> CSR Requests.

"A CSR request, along with a Private Key, is required if you want to use an SSL certificate on your site."

The Certificate and CA comes from the SSL vendor.

So you just generate the CSR Request.

Then you go to My Domains >> Hosted Domains >> Actions >> Edit Domain >>
            Secure Socket Layer (SSL): >> Upload SSL Certificate >> to install the SSL Certificate.

We can help you with the install as well, of course

"
            how do they renew"

- You should manually renew the SSL Certificate at your Account with the Vendor.

Let us know if we can assist you further!

Best Regards,
            Tom.

Comment

Hello,

I would just like to add to Tom's post, that in case you want to install a Multi-Domain SSL certificate, it will not be possible (yet) on our servers, as the whole server configuration for Multi-Domain Certificates is quite different from a single domain one.

Best Regards,
              Ian Stone

Comment

Wont he need a dedicated IP address for the SSL cert to be installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                  Wont he need a dedicated IP address for the SSL cert to be installed ?
                  ... in our case we would have... but great question. The answer would normally be yes but perhaps the new "shared IP for SSL" would work on a 3rd party cert. Its working great on our self-signed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                    ...how do they renew"

- You should manually renew the SSL Certificate at your Account with the Vendor...
                    Thanks Tom, perfect info!

On the renewal I meant from RSP end, do I go through the whole process here every year or is it sort of one time here for the installation (of course renewing annually with the vendor

Comment

Would be interesting to know if ssl on a shared IP is cross platform compatable from other services rather than RSP....

Comment

Working...
                      X