Billing basics, buying wholesale vs retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing basics, buying wholesale vs retail

i've somehow failed to get my head around one of the BASICS here. I love the fact we can buy for our customers at wholesale and they don't see the initial invoice, and that we can buy wholesale for ourselves. I'm understand about logging into a client as re-seller and have the option to use their account info or mine but...

what mechanism is in place to assure renewals work the way we want in a couple scenarios:
    • if we buy wholesale for ourselves, we want the renewals to auto bill at wholesale
    • if we buy wholesale for a client, we want the renewals to auto bill at retail
    Thanks as always!

#1 works wholesale purchases renew at wholesale

#2 I believe you will have to either bill your client manually to add the profit after the first year or setup a billing software with your own payment processor to bill the client with profit added on renewal..... If there is an option for this in the reseller panel I'd like to know too...

Comment

Actually larry I think I spoke before thinking.... If I am not mistaken..... after purchasing an account wholesale you can login to the account's control panel as reseller and turn off reseller mode. This will allow the account to renew at retail pricing...... My apologies for the misguided information...

Comment

so its safe to say it renews as it was purchased.

Idea on #2. If its a face-2-face customer, upon its first renewal your could probably log in directly as them (not as reseller) and manually renew under their credentials and billing info just prior to auto renew date. Then it would probably renew in the future on customers retail billing? ...just a guess, obviously untried. Thanks. I know what to watch for

Comment

That is correct..... I would do that as soon as the purchase was complete then disable reseller mode and the plan will renew to the client at retail....

Comment

By default the client should be able to upgrade and manage their account from within the Hepsia CP. The prices shown will be the retail prices you set in your store. However, you can disable this from happening. In your Resellers Panel CP there is a setting My Store ›› Control Panel Branding ›› Control Panel Upgrades These settings let you disable upgrades, disable the get new account and the ability to register/transfer domains. I dont think the annual billing is set up for auto-renew(shared hosting plans), it will warn you a few weeks in advance and if you dont pay the account is suspended. During this time your client can log in and renew by themselves.

Monthly payments are different and an auto-reoccurring plan is setup when you first pay for the plan. These can be viewed in the Hepsia CP under My Account > Recurring Manager. Therefore if you buy the package at wholesale, this will continue month by month until cancelled. The same goes for if it is purchased at Retail. You just needs to pick the method that works best for you. Do you want to be involved or not.
            Last edited by clivejo; 19-06-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
              ...I dont think the annual billing is set up for auto-renew, it will warn you a few weeks in advance...
              oh no, clivejo, say it ain't so!

seriously, that seems strange. I thought things auto-renewed here? is everything year to year with no auto-renew or is it as they say "conditions apply" ?

[EDIT: okay, i see see your explanation on monthly's going to subscription... still strange annuals don't.]
              Last edited by theLarry; 19-06-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I thought once you disabled reseller mode in the hespia control panel the accounts would auto renew @ retail.... if thats not so a ticket to support will fix that...

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                  ...after purchasing an account wholesale you can login to the account's control panel as reseller and turn off reseller mode. This will allow the account to renew at retail pricing...
                  Perfect!

Comment

Your customer cant log in as RESELLER MODE, just you. Therefore all the prices they see are the ones set in your store. You as reseller can log into the account in RESELLER MODE and in this mode you have access to your reseller wallet and wholesale prices. You dont actually have to log into their account either, you can renew a client directly from your Resellers Panel CP, you can also turn off certain Hespia CP features on a per client bases. Your store settings are automatically used for NEW accounts. But you can then customize individual accounts, for example a face to face customer you know will renew in cash with you in person. You can also redirect warnings and renewal notices by selecting if they should go to the reseller email or the client.

Comment

I was talking if I sold a plan discount @ wholesale from the reseller panel first year with a clients billing information it would be setup as a reseller account @ wholesale. you could just log in as reseller and disable reseller mode to have it billed at retail from then on out.

I have actually done the reverse, ordered a service from my reseller site, logged into the reseller panel, and enabled reseller mode for the service which set the pricing for the service wholesale..... (upon advice from support)
                      Last edited by doneritehosting; 19-06-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

ahhh, the picture worth a thousand words!

Comment

Pic speaks thousand words.... this is the control panel for donerite (vps account) .... look in top right corner of pic..... says "reseller mode on" which makes it wholesale.... "cough" you larry can only sell accounts wholesale through the reseller panel.... you are in control of the information.... sorry for the low quality of the pic but I have not figured out how clivejo does high quality pics on the forum yet.... but if you will submit a ticket to support they will tell you how to do what I am trying to say.. its not the customer that would login to change the info as reseller but larry... as soon as he makes the face to face sale..
                          Last edited by doneritehosting; 19-06-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theLarry View Post
                            oh no, clivejo, say it ain't so!

seriously, that seems strange. I thought things auto-renewed here? is everything year to year with no auto-renew or is it as they say "conditions apply" ?

[EDIT: okay, i see see your explanation on monthly's going to subscription... still strange annuals don't.]
                            Well to be honest a year is a long time, I wouldn't like a company holding on to my credit card details and just charging me out of the blue!! Its a bit cheeky!

Your Resellers Panel CP lists all your clients, along with the join and expiry date. Clicking on the username of your client displays their name, address, email address and phone number. For me I think its nice to give them a call, have all the details to hand and tell them when the domain expires and when the hosting account expires and maybe up-sell if you can. If they express an interest in renewing themselves via the CP then I can flick the settings to allow that to happen and even walk them through it.

Last edited by clivejo; 19-06-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I'm kinda lost now on the original question "If we buy wholesale for a client, we want the renewals to auto bill at retail" I thought thats what larry wanted to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X