Live Chat not working at all on my stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Chat not working at all on my stores

UPDATE: Can be deleted, closed or whatever. I figured out that AdBlock Plus is causing this issue. Once I disabled it, live chat is working when coming from Google. How easy it can be sometimes...

Hey guys!

Recently I've red that RSP will show live chat support only for website visitors that come through Google on a resellers shop. Now I've got a mail today from someone who was pretty mad about the fact that I am promising live chat support but it always is offline. I told him that this is a anti-spam meassure and it will only be shown to visitors from Google. Now he told me that he came from Google. Well, I tried verifying this today and it appears to be true. Live Chat is offline, no matter where you come from. At first I thought it might be a set cookie or the IP is stored somewhere and tried it from a number of other devices and even by using VPN's. Does not appear as online.
    Anyone else suffering from this issue?

Best Regards,

Christopher
    Last edited by StrasserC; 21-06-2014, 05:35 PM.

Hello,

Glad to hear that you found the culprit, although it is curious why AdBlock Plus is blocking the Live Chat from displaying the "Online" version of the button when coming from Google.

I will try to reproduce the issue on my end, to see why this is happening.

Best Regards,
    Ian Stone

Comment

I guess it is blocking some script? Or how does the button determine where the visitor is coming from?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, you are correct, AdBlock Plus is blocking the script which detects where visitors to the stores are coming from when tweaked.

I could not find any optimal settings however to both include the option for scripts to run properly and meanwhile to filter out all the other spam in the form of ads.

If I find an optimal configuration for AdBlock Plus to work while including both of these features (Allowing the chat button script to function, and blocking spam scripts correctly), I will share it here on the forum.

Best Regards,
        Ian Stone

Comment

This live chat blocking should be reworked somehow anyway. There are still a lot of circumstances under which visitors will see the red button, even though they are perfectly legit. For example if someone is coming to the site through my blog, which is located under a sub domain of the store, they will also get the red button. Not a good marketing move IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          X