Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewals: origianl price or current price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewals: origianl price or current price?

Quick question that may be of interest to others as well. When a customer renews, do they renew at the CURRENT renewal rate, or do they continue to renew at the original rate. IF they renew at original rate, how is it handled when you bought the first year at wholesale

- Thanks in advance!

Hi Larry.

The customer always renew at the CURRENT renewal rate.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Best Regards,
    Tom.

Comment

Tom, does it depend on the service they are subscribed to? I know the original question was regarding shared hosting but something is reminding me that monthly services can actually 'stick' to the old rate and that the payment schedule has to be cancelled in order for the new prices to take effect, is this still the case?

Comment

Thanks Tome... clivejo - Great follow up question.

Comment

Hi Clive.

This is the case with all services.

"but something is reminding me that monthly services can actually 'stick' to the old rate and that the payment schedule has to be cancelled in order for the new prices to take effect"

- This is in case the client has recurring payment set.

You are right that the recurring contract has to be cancelled so the client can be charged at your new price.

You can do that from the Reseller's Control Panel: Billing & Stats >> Recurring Manager >> Status >> Cancel

Let us know if we can assist you further!

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by theLarry View Post
            IF they renew at original rate, how is it handled when you bought the first year at wholesale

- Thanks in advance!
            I believe you can turn reseller mode off on an account that is purchased wholesale and it will renew at your retail pricing larry.... feel free to correct me if I am wrong... I seem to remember support telling me this several years back.

Comment

Working...
            X