multi domain UCC SSL's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi domain UCC SSL's?

Can you guys install a third party (from "the other guys") mulit domain UCC SSL here? I don't think we sell them? We're rethinking some deployments since it seems Google is starting to use them as an indicator of site value.

Thanks.

I read about Google putting more value on sites with SSL and to be honest I think they are starting to lose the plot a bit. If they are so concerned about privacy, why are they tracking millions of users around the web? I use Google Analytics to monitor site visitors, but recently I’m considering removing all Google code as a privacy concern for my visitors and will only use SSL for sites which handle personal details, NOT because Google think its a good idea!

Comment

Ya clivejo, we bounce back and forth on the best reaction path. I would think SSL is only of value on interactive parts of your site where info/data is transmitted... comments, logons, order pages and such. The sites that we have SSL's on for those purposes are only forced SSL on those particular pages. I know in some instances SSL can cause performance issues. I'm not really getting their whole "SSL Everywhere" initiative.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not support Multi-Domain SSL Certificates on our servers.

I also read recently about Google's new "initiative". In my personal opinion it is not very nice to effectively "force" people to use SSL in order to boost the rank of the websites in their search engine. Thinking on a larger scale, people who own and host multitudes of domains, who have good search engine ranks, will practically be forced to order multiple SSL certificates, even if they don't really need them, just to keep their rank in the search engine.

Best Regards,
        Ian Stone

Comment

Working...
        X