Historical server access logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical server access logs

Does anyone know where I can find historical access logs? I need a copy of January's access logs for security reasons.

which log you refer to, in your rsp control panel or hepsia control panel ?

Comment

Web server access logs

Comment

Hi.

Currently shared accounts only store the raw access/error logs for the current and previous day due to server resource limitations... so I'm told.

To access these, in your Hepsia CP go to Files>File Manager click the Up button
        (Folder with green up arrow) and open your Stats folder.

If your Raw Logs have been enabled they will be temporarily saved in that directory.
        If your Raw Logs have not been enabled, you can turn them on via Statistics>Access & Error logs.

You can however view a full years compiled visitor reports with Webalizer and Awststs from the Statistics>Web Statistics menu.

Reece

Comment

Originally posted by Reece View Post
          Currently shared accounts only store the raw access/error logs for the current and previous day due to server resource limitations... so I'm told.
          Is it possible to use a cron job to take a copy of the daily log and store it some place else in the hosting account?

Comment

Yes this is possible, however awstats does provide most of the information contained in these files, be it compiled.

To copy the .log files you can use the following crontab command:
            cp -f /home/logs/logfilename.log /home/directorytocopyto

More info on crontabs can be read here:
            command,crontab,crontab syntax,unix crontab,usage,basics,featured,linux,tips

However you should keep in mind that in order to comply with the shared hosting TOS, 80% of all files or total megabytes hosted in your account must form part of your actual website(s).

On a side note, I've noticed you have posted many support requests in this forum, I'd suggest you simply open up a support ticket per question in your reseller account as you will probably get a response far quicker (in the hour) than posting in here : P

Reece

Comment

I have opened requests, but some of the issues other members may have experienced. Sometimes they have unique ways of solving them that the support team cant suggest or offer. There are also some support team members are more helpful than others! Some will go the extra mile, others just do the absolute minimum!

An example is backing up emails. Officially I was told you cant backup email. However, if you navigate 'Up Folder' in the Control Panel File Manager you find the /mail/ folder, open this and you find a folder for each mail account, you can then zip it up and download. Sometimes other people see things I've missed, that's the nice thing about the forum, it allows us to share knowledge.

Comment

Definitely a fair point, however since this forum is not very busy at the moment I would still post a support ticket first so you can let them deal with it first, then if your not satisfied, ask in here.

It just saves time people answering all your questions on the forum if they could be actually adequately answered by the LN support team in the first place :P
                I.e. A simple contrab command I'm sure would receive an adequate response from any of the LiquidNet support team. : )

Comment

Working...
                X