Online store prices exclusive of UK VAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online store prices exclusive of UK VAT

I know in the US it is usual to see prices ex VAT, but in the UK and Ireland almost all stores/shops mark items with applicable VAT included in the price.

All my competitors prices are inclusive of VAT, which makes me look cheaper in comparison. However, if a customer does choose to buy from me, they then feel conned into it at checkout when the price shoots up by 20%. People here tend to feel uneasy about companies who wait until the last minute to inform you that its prices are ex VAT and will in some cases abandon the sale due to that fact.

Is there any way include VAT in the prices my customers see on the on-line store? Without leaving it to the checkout stage before informing them?

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
    I know in the US it is usual to see prices ex VAT,
    That's because we don't have a VAT tax in the US.

Comment

Luck you !!! It really makes a dogs dinner of things here!

So are most resellers based in the US? You dont have to pay UK VAT? Hummm maybe I should be buying services from you then!

Comment

In Malaysia also don't have VAT

Comment

Clipping path service

All my competitors prices are inclusive of VAT, which makes me look cheaper in comparison. However, if a customer does choose to buy from me, they then feel conned into it at checkout when the price shoots up by 20%. .Clipping path

Comment

Working...
          X