Cant get the VPN to work in Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get the VPN to work in Android

I have been trying to get the VPN offered via the Hepsia Control Panel to work in Android and it will not connect.

I have typed the correct server, username and password into the built in VPN client in Lollipop but it refuses to connect.

What am I doing wrong? Could we get some nice how-to guides made for the Hepsia CP. This is a great feature but I cant get it to work

Thanks Yan

Comment

Still cant get it to work. I'm trying to connect to the Maidenhead, UK one. Have you an IP address I can use instead of my private DNS cluster?

Comment

Ive tried 162.210.101.68 which is what the US resolves to, and also 5.172.159.244 which is what the UK DNS resolves to and no luck connecting at any of them

Comment

Hello clive,

I was just able to successfully connect to the US VPN server (162.210.101.68) from an Android device.

Please check the following screenshots:

1) https://goo.gl/Pb8tgc

2) https://goo.gl/vp9aju

Best Regards,
          Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Still unable to get it working

Comment

clivejo I have successfully connected to the US vpn on the built in service on windows 10 mobile... didn't have to do anything special... have you tried a different country yet? ... Update..... I can connect to this VPN via Wi-Fi data but cannot surf any web pages... When I try to connect using Verizon LTE mobile data I cannot connect to this VPN at all... Win10 mobile is not RTM yet so this could be a bug with the OS at this point.
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 17-09-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Works fine on my Android device.

Was not working in prior to Yavor had "them" resolve it.

Comment

Tom what android version you running?

Comment

clivejo - that's Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4.

Comment

I still cant access the VPN, I've tried under different operating systems as well. One thing that I find odd is that in the CP it says Ive used 3.22GB of data via the US VPN. How can this be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	VPN_Access.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	61365

Is it possible to get the VPN connections for my account reset as I think something is broken?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have tried connecting with all of these on WiFi with no luck:
                        Samsung Galaxy Tab4 on Android 4.4.2
                        Samsung Galaxy 4 on Android 5.0.1 (also tried connecting while on Verizon mobile data with no luck)
                        iPhone 4 on iOS 7.0.4
                        iPad 2 on iOS 6.0.1
                        Laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit.

Whenever I tried to connect using the laptop running Ubuntu with the built-in VPN tool it gave me a connection error for the US VPN. When I logged back into my control panel I ran into the same issue as clivejo. It is showing I have used 5.84 GB on the US VPN since the one failed connection on that device.

Comment

I think 5Gb is the quota for the VPN per Hespia account. I wonder does it make a difference that the account is a VPS with Hespia Control Panel. What type of account is yours djblalock ?

Comment

clivejo Mine is a shared hosting account.

I'm still puzzled as to how one failed connection from a certain device made me go from 0% usage to going over my quota.

Comment

Something very fishy indeed, since my screenshot which was 3.22 GB, it has now risen to 5.14 GB !!! I haven't been able to establish a connection yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X