Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Slow

The last couple of days all of my sites have been running slow. Anyone else having that problem. The tests say: Your website is slower than 82% of all tested websites

just tested my wordpress reseller site on google page speed test and got 87/100 for desktop and that's not bad for googles speed test tool... reseller site on storemaster just got 79/100 for mobile and 91/100 for desktop. did not post mobile speedtest results for my wordpress reseller site because its not mobile optimized (not on a responsive theme)

Comment

iads test using https://gtmetrix.com/ and http://tools.pingdom.com/ Also test an HTML page of your website. These will help you determine whether it is your website's having optimization issues or load on the server.

Comment

The tests results that were posted was from Pingdom, and will try gtmatrix, but I figured that it must be a server based problem because it is happening on multiple site. As a sample of other recent problems, one of the forums that I run sometimes gives me the following errors, and no changes have been made to any of the script in a while. Other sites also give similar problems lately.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
        Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 347

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 348

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 352

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/www/bedroomguitar.com/Sources/Errors.php on line 353 Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PS: I can't find any issue with the database.

Comment

well I get same results as you from pingdom at present off my WP reseller site (slower than 96% of other sites).. google page speed test and the other site Tom posted gives me decent results Iads I'd say pingdom is having a bad day today

Comment

Matter of fact if you look at this screenshot you will see I got a performance grade 100/100 but it took 60s to load my site on pingdom... yup Id say pingdom having a bad hair day.

Comment

Thanks for testing, but it can't just be Pingdom, because the page times out before connecting to the database:

Connection Problems

Comment

may be sql database servers associated with the site are overloaded or offline... did you try a pure html page without database calls as tom suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                  may be sql database servers associated with the site are overloaded or offline... did you try a pure html page without database calls as tom suggested?
                  I just did, the html only sites are still working great. I want to know if I'm the only one having these problems.

Comment

I'm not having problems like that on my wordpress site... looks like connection problems to the database servers for your sites... Id submit a support ticket reflecting such. that's just me of course lmao

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
                      I want to know if I'm the only one having these problems.
                      I'm afraid so iads, all my sites are in the green. Are the sites on the cloud(shared) or do you have a VPS? Id also have a look at the statistics and see what connections are being made. Sometimes hackers/people up to no good will pick on a resource hungry scripts in order to slow or indeed take down the site. But best thing to do is to open a ticket and ask for help, see if RSP can shed some light on the situation.

Comment

Yea, I'll submit a ticket now. I was just checking here for an answer first.... Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

It turns out that the problem is that I am short on memory. When I try to upgrade my Ultra VPS I get the following error: There is no suitable plan to upgrade to

Comment

OpenVZ account we transfer to then... It be painless rsp good at that.

Comment

BTW Iads cool forum... My first guitar was a sunburst rick, have also had a modern epiphone electric solid body, vintage late 60's baby blue strat, candy apple red made in japan strat with the lock at the nut with finetuners @ bridge, white fender performer, same setup as the strat (both purchased in first of '83 new btw) performer was a dream regret letting her go could barely get a dime to slide under last fret no custom work purchased that way... ahhh memories and regrets I'll stop right there.... sigh...
                              Last edited by doneritehosting; 22-11-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X