Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What setting do you use to get W3 Total Cache working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What setting do you use to get W3 Total Cache working?

Hi,
    I've been trying to make W3 Total Cache work on the shared hosting but I can't seem to get the settings right.

I guess many with me would be thankful for a guide from you that have managed to get it working. Quote from another thread:
    Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
    I have the latest update of W3 Total Cache installed.
    I'm on the Corporate plan with:
    PHP 5.5 (have tried other versions)
    memcached ON
    opcache ON

The W3 Compability test says:
    • Opcode cache: Not installed
    • Memcache extension: Installed

Further, W3 says: The following memcached servers are not responding or not running:
    • Page Cache: 127.0.0.1:11211.

So it would be great to hear how you you managed to get it working.

maxa

Have you created a memcached instance? In your Hepsia CP > Advanced > Memcached > Create Instance

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      maxa

Have you created a memcached instance? In your Hepsia CP > Advanced > Memcached > Create Instance
      Yes I did

Comment

Is the memcached actually enabled?

can you create a new PHP file and put this code in it

Code:
        <?php if (class_exists('Memcache')) { $server = 'localhost'; if (!empty($_REQUEST['server'])) { $server = $_REQUEST['server']; } $memcache = new Memcache; $isMemcacheAvailable = @$memcache->connect($server); if ($isMemcacheAvailable) { $aData = $memcache->get('data'); echo '<pre>'; if ($aData) { echo '<h2>Data from Cache:</h2>'; print_r($aData); } else { $aData = array( 'me' => 'you', 'us' => 'them', ); echo '<h2>Fresh Data:</h2>'; print_r($aData); $memcache->set('data', $aData, 0, 300); } $aData = $memcache->get('data'); if ($aData) { echo '<h3>Memcache seem to be working fine!</h3>'; } else { echo '<h3>Memcache DOES NOT seem to be working!</h3>'; } echo '</pre>'; } } if (!$isMemcacheAvailable) { echo 'Memcache not available'; } ?>
        Run the script in your browser and see what it says?

Script Source - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1463670/how-to-check-if-memcache-or-memcached-is-installed-for-php

Comment

I quit using total cache... Was having cpu usage issues with it (high).

Now Using...

Using WP Super Cache for caching

Autoptimize for minimizing

Might give this a whirl, it works good for me with shared hosting. CPU usage went WAY down.

I thought it was jetpack causing the high cpu usage but turned out to be w3..

Thought I'd share the info.

I never could get w3 to work right hehe.. well not using a reseller theme with the rsp plugin anyhow.
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 26-04-2016, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I switched to Hyper Cache Extended + WPBase Cache and got much better results than with W3 or Super Cache. Hyper Cache Extended has a smart function that it only reloads pages into the cache when the server load is low. Great on shared hosting.

However, I did not have success with any minifying plugin. So if someone has advice how to minify CSS and JavaScript, I would love to hear about it.

Comment

try the autoptimize plugin maxa, do not optimize the html though, results did not turn out too good with static pages on my reseller site.

Comment

hmm I have found today that optimizing JS and minifying css with the WP reseller themes messes up the order form... In particular, formatting and parameters are not passed to the order form when a person clicks to order a service... those doing this might want to check their order forms carefully.....

Comment

Another small tip.. If you are using WP Super Cache you have to manually exclude caching of your sitemap file, if you don't the formatting is destroyed and google / bing will not index it in webmaster tools.... hope this helps someone and have a great day / night
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 01-05-2016, 09:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                  X