Why is RP cheaper than "wholesale"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is RP cheaper than "wholesale"?

I did a quick search and did not find the answer.

So why are all but 3 of the shared hosting plans cheaper to buy on RP's site than to buy at wholesale through the reseller CP?

Examples:
    Starter - RP: $2.50 Wholesale: $3.00
    Business - RP: $3.33 Wholesale: $3.83
    Corporate - RP: $6.67 Wholesale: $6.67
    Enterprise - RP: $9.50 Wholesale: $10.00

As you can see, all but 1 of the 4 plans are cheaper to buy through the RP site than to buy at wholesale pricing through the reseller CP.

I have not checked prices for all products, but I did check for most VPS plans and the wholesale prices are inline with RP's website.

So why is this?

Interesting observation there, toolsavvy. Any comment, yav, or whoever sees this first?

Comment

The prices listed on RSP webpage are excluding a domain name. The ones you are seeing as wholesale including a "promotional" domain which we then market as being "free". You can turn off the promotional/free domain in your Resellers Control Panel.

However, IMHO, the promotional domain is good value for money and for me its worth keeping. But it depends on your marketing strategy.

Comment

That's makes sense because the corporate plan is not active which is why it's not 50 cents more.

Comment

Ahhh, OK. Yeah, I didn't know that. And being here for years now I feel a little dumber than I did yesterday now, LOL!

Comment

clivejo Happy New Year sir!

Comment

You too Tom, all the best to you and yours in the coming year. Hope you are doing well in your new job and married life is treating you well

Comment

Working...
              X