Domain Transfers - how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfers - how to?

I looked all around the order form in my store but I can't find anywhere where customers can transfer domains from another registrar/host (with or without purchasing a hosting account).

The only options I see under the domains tab is for registering a domain and the only options I see under hosting plan tabs are to register or host a domain from another registrar.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by vrepub; 21-03-2016, 02:31 AM.

You need to offer the "Domain Manager" plan for sale in your store. This is a free Hepsia account which is used to manage the domain name.

In your Resellers Control Panel, this is under My Offers > Shared Hosting > Shared Hosting Offers

Last edited by clivejo; 21-03-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I already have the domain manager activated (I think it's activated by default). So I deactivated it and reactivated it and still no option to transfer domains in my order form.

I am using a wordpress template (not the default store template) BTW, in case that matters.

I'm either overlooking it (or something) or I'm not sure what lol.

I may have to open a support ticket if no one here can figure it out.

Comment

if the Domain Manager is activated then you should be able to enter the domain the in the search box, and a pop up will display showing the options.

Comment

You will need the EPP code to transfer certain domain names and will have to pay the retail price for your store, but this extends the domain registration by a year.

Comment

Aaaaah. I see now. Not very user friendly, though. Should be a separate tab for transfers (after all, the tab says "register", not "transfer" or should say "Register/Transfer").

But beggars can't be choosers...or so they say.

Will need to make tutorial videos for the order form.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

True, it could be better laid out. But most customers will be ordering a new domain so I dont know how useful it would be!

Comment

Working...
              X