Website Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Migration

Moving to a new hosting provider could be a troublesome process and this is one of the main reasons why most customers would not think of moving to a better hosting provider like you.

We have addressed this issue by dedicating human and technical resources to the process of moving your customers’ web files, databases and emails over to our platform in a hassle free and time saving way.

Thus, apart from making things really easy for you and your customers, we add another great selling point to your hosting portfolio.

What is website migration and what does it include?

Website migration is a free service (to a certain extent) where we will migrate your customers’ site(s) to our high-end cloud hosting platform without you having to do anything on your end. We know from experience that changing hosting providers can lead to a loss of information, unwanted downtime and lots of negative emotions.

That is why, we will offer this service on your behalf, so that you can address your customers’ needs of having their sites moved to you without any trouble.

We have an experienced, highly trained administration team that will make sure your customers’ sites will work exactly as they did on their old hosting platform. Our administrators are well versed in migrating all sorts of websites based on popular web applications such as WordPress, Joomla as well as all types of custom built websites based on the LAMP platform.

How long does it take for a website to be migrated over to us?

We cannot give an estimate on the exact time-frame since there are a lot of variables that are factored into the duration of a site transfer. These include: the size of the web files and databases, the physical location of the current host’s server, the complexity of the transferred website(s), the current workload of our Website Migration Department, etc.

However, we will do our best to migrate your site within 48h and in some cases 24h (if the content is not large).

What information will customers need to provide to our Website Migration Department?

We will need the login details for the Control Panel used by your customer’s old hosting provider and the website’s name (domain name).

How do we address sensitive information?

Our Privacy Policy is an inseparable part of the contract we/you have with your customers. We are committed to protecting the security of the personal information collected from the customers. To do so, we use technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alternation or unauthorized disclosure of the information that is under our control.

We use security measures, including, but not limited to: physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online. When we ask customers or users to provide financial information (such as credit card numbers), this data is protected using the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology.

Is there downtime for transferred websites?

While we migrate a website, it will be available in both your customer’s hosting account with us and in their account with the old hosting provider. Once the migration has been completed, we will make sure that everything is working properly and that data integrity has not been compromised. Then your customer will be informed that the migration is over. After that, we will instruct your customer on your behalf how to move the domain name over to their hosting account with you. So, there should be virtually no downtime for your customers’ sites while they are transferred over to you.

What hosting platform can we migrate from?

We can migrate your customer’s website(s) from any hosting provider or any hosting platform that is Linux-based, as long as we can get access to their Control Panel and as long as FTP access is available.

The only websites we cannot transfer are mainly the ones based on closed-source website building software, such as: Wix, BaseKit, Jimdo, Website Tonight, Four Square and Mr Site.

Website migration is available with the following products:

Shared hosting services:

Starter plan – 1 website

Business plan – 5 websites

Corporate plan – We will migrate free of charge up to 15 cPanel accounts (1 website per account only; full backups including e-mails) or up to 5 websites (website files & MySQL databases only) — free of charge for web hosting, reseller hosting, and cloud hosting.

Enterprise plan – We will migrate free of charge up to 25 cPanel accounts (1 website per account only; full backups including e-mails) or up to 10 websites (website files & MySQL databases only) — free of charge for web hosting, reseller hosting, and cloud hosting.

For data migration cases not described above, an hourly fee of 60.00 USD will apply.

For Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated Servers, we can migrate a larger number of websites.

In our next post we’ll explain in detail how the migration of cPanel managed websites is carried out.

From : http://blog.resellerspanel.com/lates...explained.html

Is this new from RSP? Also, how do we market this? This seem great, why didn't I know about it before? Maybe I should start reading the blog?!?

Comment

Seems to be a new feature they are rolling out. I just copied it from the blog.

Cant spot anywhere on the order form to request this and I assume it is done via a support ticket once you order a hosting package. But I think its a good idea, Definitely a step in the right direction!

Comment

I did wonder would they do the same between accounts. For example, those of us who offer web design and other services, we could initially design and develop the site under our own account and then easily transfer it to the new client account when needed.

Comment

• iads
          iads commented
          Editing a comment
          That is another great idea!!! - Also, we can build sites as sales examples,but not transfer them over until after they order it and pay.

• Nova-Host
          Nova-Host commented
          Editing a comment
          You know, I had been thinking of just such an idea a few days ago, lol. And now that Tom says it's possible? Yeah, I think in the future when I'm ready I'll be using this to my advantage, lol.

Hello.

Originally posted by iads View Post
        Is this new from RSP?
        - Well... it is not like we have not done this before, but this time it is official and regulated.

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
        I did wonder would they do the same between accounts.
        - Yes, we can do that of course no problem!

Best Regards,
        Tom.

Comment

Tom, how do we implement it? Do we just open a support ticket, or will there be some type of menu item to choose from?

Comment

• Nova-Host
            Nova-Host commented
            Editing a comment
            Good question, lol! Should have thought of that one myself, but I've had a lot of stuff on my plate recently.

• doneritehosting
            doneritehosting commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 for a selection on the order form to select an option for site migration and the ability to supply necessary information to initiate the transfer... Would look more professional and would be easier for the new client as everything would be on go with the order itself rather than submit a support ticket..

This is fantastic! So glad to see RSP focused on being more competitive this year as far as features are concerned - rather than on price or 'unlimited' ridiculousness. While I had pushed for both of these in the past, they are only a stopgap measure and I had begun to assume RSP couldn't innovate. Boy, was I wrong! Between this, the VPN, and Dropbox, you guys have set a great tone for further innovation and for the first time since I've been with RSP (since 2004! :O) I am excited about the progress in which we may all share.

Comment

This blog post explains how to initiate the process if your customer is currently using a cPanel based host.

Your customers have two choices – to either provide our technicians with their Control Panel login details, so they can perform the task for them, or to start the transfer process on their own – if they does not feel comfortable sharing their personal details.
            http://blog.resellerspanel.com/lates...explained.html

Nice step by step guide and we can easily use the images and guide to create our own help pages on our sites
            Last edited by clivejo; 12-03-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I just bookmarked the Blog page, and look forwards to the chance to earn more through RSP....

Comment

Working...
              X