The .TOP nTLD now added to your portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The .TOP nTLD now added to your portfolio

The recently launched nTLDs have caused a huge shift in the domain industry. No longer bound to broad-sense extensions like .COM and .CO, website owners can now choose to have an address that speaks the language of their online mission. Domain extensions like .NEWS, .CLUB, .SPACE and .XYZ make it easier for your website visitors to learn exactly what you are offering, allowing you to get your message across much quicker. With the newly added .TOP nTLD, we go up a level – now you can tell your visitors that whatever you are offering is of TOP quality.

What is specific about .TOP domains?

.TOP is managed and operated by the .top registry, which is affiliated with Jiangsu Bangning Group in Nanjing, China. It was officially delegated in ICANN’s New gTLD Program on August 4, 2014, and opened for public registration later the same year. Due to its syntax and the number of international and domestic (Chinese) investors it has attracted, .TOP is among the fastest-growing nTLDs on the market today. On the very day it was opened for registration, .TOP passed the 10,000-domain threshold, and just a year later this number jumped up as high as almost 600,000:

This remarkable progress pushed .TOP into the top 10 of the official nTLD chart where it currently ranks 2nd, right after .XYZ:

What sites is .TOP fit for?

In contrast to most nTLDs, which are dedicated to certain interest niches, .TOP has a more generic purpose – namely to represent ‘the TOP of the cream’ in any industry or niche. For the last year, .TOP has become a synonym of big brands and quality products and services and has been employed by various businesses in more than 100 countries and regions. Many leading brands like Apple, Baidu, Chrome, Flickr, Google, Yahoo, etc. have trusted .TOP to represent them. And since .TOP is open for registration to anyone, why not join the league of top performers with your own .TOP-driven website?
    Registration details about .TOP domains

.TOP is open for registration to anyone for a period of 1-10 years. The registration process is quick and simple, with no special requirements to follow. .TOP domain names that have been registered with another registrar can be transferred over to us at the same price. An EPP key is required for the transfer to complete successfully.

How to activate the .TOP domain extension on your store?

.TOP is enabled by default on your store. If you haven’t made changes to the TLD list in your Reseller Control Panel, the new TLD will be listed next to .XYZ and .PRO:

If you have changed the original TLD order, however, .TOP will be listed at the bottom of the TLD table under Domain Pricing:

Hurry up and enable it on your store. Don’t forget to choose the best position from a marketing perspective.

The pace is picking up in regards to adding the new nTLDs. I like it!!!

I hope to see RSP add all of them over time. Keep it up and you'll eventually get all these nTLDs added and thus offer a great amount of flexibility and choice to potential clients.

Comment

bigtime.php how many of these nTLDs you own in your portfolio? I am so "meh" about them... Could add a sound to your secondary domains, but for primary domain? I am not so sure.

Comment

I'm very traditional and prefer to stick to the .com, .org and .net TLD's. But I have to say I've seen interest in these "fancy" TLD's from some of my customers. So far I've had interest in and have even registered some of the following TLD's (via 3rd party)

.live
        .radio
        .now
        .you
        .map
        .xyz
        .hotel
        .club
        .company

Comment

Tom Alexander - My primary domain is .com and I own a good bit of the traditional TLDs and mis-spellings that I "301 redirect" to my main .com site. I have a few of the nTLDs that I also use as secondary and just also redirect to my main .com URL. I plan on getting a few more nTLDs now that RSP is adding more on their platform. Obviously it's way too expensive to register "ALL" of the new nTLDs for brand protection etc..... (unless your Google) so I made it a point to legally trademark my brand and to submit it to ICANN for a little more protection before all these new nTLDs started to be released to the public.

From a selling perspective I want to have the ability to offer all the new nTlds to potential clients. The best analogy that I can come up with is imagine you're in a hurry to go buy a new car and you come across two car lots selling new cars. One car lot has an enormous selection of available new cars to buy and the other only has a few makes and models in only certain colors available that may “already be sold” to others. Which new car lot are you going to be most interested in checking out and possibly buying a new car from? Personally, I’d want to shop at the new car lot that had the biggest selection so I’d have the best chance of finding the car I want. So RSP please keep adding more and more new nTLDs on the platform for us resellers to offer the biggest selection possible to our potential customers.

From a personal and/or business perspective I’ve owned the .com of my main brand for a long time and therefore my main brand will always resolve to the .com TLD. But, if I were a "“new”" blog, business, or brand just starting out I would not hesitate for a second to register a “memorable” new nTLD for my web presence. The founders of Google registering abc.xyz is pretty revealing. And there are a lot of other good examples of new nTLDs being used. Overall nTLDs are a very good thing for the industry we are all in - people are whipping out their wallets and buying them.

So I’m not “"Meh" about these nTLDs at all. I even spent a good amount of time and hard work developing a custom domain search using RSP’s API for my main site. I have not launched it yet, but I’ve already completed a good amount of work and it will not be too much longer. I just wanted more control over how domains are searched for and added to cart and it could only be achieved by using RSP’s API instead of their remote forms. I find it very exciting when RSP launches another new nTLD on their platform - it just provides another opportunity for us resellers to offer more flexibility to potential clients from various industries.

Tom Alexander - sorry for my long response, but I feel I owe it to you for helping me out a few times as part of the RSP support. You've always were very helpful.

It’s all just my opinion, but I hope it helps to hear another perspective.

Comment

Working...
          X