Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Who uses Templates here? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses Templates here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwsleeswijk
    Ah I started with an simple html template but feel verry sorry myself I even started that allready!!
    Count of pages grows and a simple minor change might need a change on all pages ..... pffff

Im used to an expanded forum system that allowed me to create extra pages easely but never really used an CMS. Even when I looked at the most I found they just had to much but right now I really starve for a nice and easy to maintain php app to create my website, just dont know what I would use ....
    Try Mambo.
    If you want even easier to maintain, try e107. (I've seen some really neat stuff done with e107)
    I'd be happy to walk you through the setup of either. Both are terrific and e107 is much like PHPNuke without the security holes or $300 price tag to remove the copy notices.
    e107 also comes with a built in, and very functional, forum.

Comment

Ah thank you, I think I'll have a try on e107 as I don't know that one.
      It bothers me really now, I just noticed some tiny thing at my website I wanted to change. But that makes me go through all those other pages as well
      I really need to have that changed as I'm not that fast satisfied and maybe to critical at myself. And I dont know much html even when I get it all W3C compatible, it takes me triple time longer then most others to get it how I want it (if not longer).

So I better try an CMS and take a look at e107
      I'm sure I will be able to do the install.

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
        On the subject of templates, I just happened to stumble across what looks to be a pretty good template site:

Not only do they have a plethora of hosting templates, they also have all kinds of others. For those of us who do design work in addition to hosting, that could be useful!
        its also a aff site from mytemplatestorage dot com
        like monstertemplates dot com

mytemplatestorage is the real aff site

Comment

Ah thank you, I think I'll have a try on e107 as I don't know that one.
          It bothers me really now, I just noticed some tiny thing at my website I wanted to change. But that makes me go through all those other pages as well
          I really need to have that changed as I'm not that fast satisfied and maybe to critical at myself. And I dont know much html even when I get it all W3C compatible, it takes me triple time longer then most others to get it how I want it (if not longer).

So I better try an CMS and take a look at e107
          I'm sure I will be able to do the install.
          Now there are tons of templates to choose from, but you can make your own for e107. I find template creation easier for Mambo, however.

Have you used Dreamweaver? It's a terrific tool and although the code gets a bit bloated sometimes it lets you create a template that once updated will update all your pages that rely on it. Just another thought.

Comment

I just finished the installation of e107 and it looks quit impressive.
            Mambo I have looked at a few weeks ago but left it for what it was, I thought it was not easy to get my content where I wanted.

Not sure yet about e107 even when the templates look verry nice and some look professional as well. Thats what Im looking for, plain and simple looks ..... easy to navigate but above all, its the content whats most important.

The current template I use was downloaded at some site (a free one).
            I made some minor changes and got it to navigate nice I think. Then I saw another member here who is using the same template ... dont remember who.
            Also that makes me want to change :S
            Anyway I tried to maintain the site in DreamWeaver but Im not that skilled with webpages, specially not when it comes to content in english
            But I'll get where I want to.

I did like the colors of my current theme .... wonder if I would try to get it something like this in e107 ..... opinion is welcome if you got the time to look at (url removed)

Thanks a lot
            Last edited by Guest; 19-05-2005, 04:30 PM. Reason: URL removed

Comment

I think you could very easily do this.... You may be on a learning curve but you'll find plenty of starting material and resources here: www.e107themes.com

Good luck!

Comment

haha, are you getting careful now with your opinions?
                Dont worry, I wouldn't have asked without expecting an honest reaction.
                lol

But I'll look at that site and see if I get an start that is close to my current color scheme and move on from their. I should be able to manage that.

Thanks a lot for the tips!

Comment

haha, are you getting careful now with your opinions?
                  LOL. No, never.
                  Was more concerned with giving you the template link and missed the q on your site.
                  I like your site's appearance, although it does look a bit "canned."

I think you'll find an infinite level of satisfaction from creating your own unique identity though.
                  Keep us updated. I'd love to see what you do with e107. I think they are about to release a completely revamped version and have a really strong community base.

Again, I'd take e107 over PHPNuke any day.

Comment

Yes I know what you mean by "canned", but I was a litle proud how I could get the forms pretty much blend into the custom pages.

I prefer if possible that RSP would release the php files or something like that we could edit while it still communicates with the purchase system and host it ourselves instead of using iFrames with an white or colored background instead of an transparant or image background.

Ohwell, I'll just start over and it feels like e107 can do a great job for me

Thanks again

Comment

You bet!

Comment

I'm using the default.. I will check the template site that some of the guys here share..

Comment

Ha.ha my they fall

May they fall upon your swords and slip wasted into the deep

Comment

Need not to argue about it... It's making him more popular of what you did

Ruth Smith of (http://www.aerocare.com/)

Comment

Working...
                            X