Google ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google ranking

Could it be that it is impossible to get a good google ranking with the ready made store because of so many similar sites? I have my store now online for half a year and still not even one click through google.

Yes, I have experience in operating websites, and also in bringing them to a good google position. But with this one it seem impossible. Any tips on this?

Hello.

Let us know your URL and Keywords you are aiming at?

Best Regards.

Comment

"infinityhosting, webspace, webhosting, dedicated server, semi dedicated server, vps, domain registration, whois protection, offshore hosting, choose location, SSL, inexpensive, affordable, managed server, managed vps, shared hosting, hosting, website, domain, hepsia"

Comment

Hello,

i also started 25 of Feb. with one of the ready to use templates.
        Concerning the design i got very good reviews and ratings (thanks to the RSP web designers!).
        In the meantime, since 2.nd of May i have PR 4, this was after 10 weeks, because of 1126 valuable links to my site (this is many many hours of work!).
        Since some days my site's on page 3/4/5 for some keywords (eg. "low budget web hosting"), so it's worth all the work i did and i got my first customer.
        Next to my listing there are sites also from here with similar text and same template, but it seems that this doesn't matter for the search engine (up to now).
        So use of template shouldn't be a real problem for a good PR and SEPR.

Greetings

Comment

This would be interesting on which approach would be used.

Comment

Hello.

harry2012 has a great point! Listen to him.

Aim for other Keywords.

There are huge webs hosting companies spending thousands of $ per day to rank high for these Keywords... you will never be able to qualify.

So, choose Keywords with less competition and start building quality links, this is the way to succeed.

Best Regards.

Tom Alexander.

Comment

Hello

Page Rank can only be improved through building back links.
              More back links will result into higher PR, hence more traffic to the website.

Comment

i think you should work on Google adword key tool suggestion for analysis keyword against competition and traffic.I normally used that tool for analysis traffic.you can also review Google trend or insight for more deeper study about ranking....

Comment

Google ranking isn't depend on only seo techniques,but also quality content,user rating or well structured sites also depend on google ranking.

Comment

Have you tried adding some local key words, such as your local town/city? Add your address on google maps so that people from that area will see your hosting store rank higher.

Try to home in on a niche such as personal blogs or content management systems and offer value extra services. For example a fully working Word-press install is so easy to install via the application installer. You just go in, install the site and give the admin password to your new customer. If your a web-designer you can create logos and themes which you can charge extra for.

Also, ask current customers for reviews and/or link-backs on their sites. For example, put your logo and tag line at the bottom of their website saying Proudly hosted By : www.infinityhosting.org You want people to put their trust in you, the more evidence of this the more liking they will sign up!

You could also create a portfolio, showcasing a few of your best looking clients websites. Linking to them so that people can see what you have to offer.

Comment

Alexa ranking

Hi,

I monitor my sites Alexa ranking instead of Google page rank, with their small display icon in my browser. It updates every few days. Does anyone else use it?

You can check your sites Alexa ranking here - [ http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo ]

Comment

Hi StrasserC,

I dont know how long you have been using the new WP plug-in but this could be the cause of your problem. For Google to rank your site it needs to crawl it via a bot/spider. However, Googlebot abbeys the robots.txt in the root directory of your website. I just searched for your website and got the following on Google.

Mein bevorzugter Hoster: Infinityhosting
                        infinityhosting.org/
                        A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.
                        This means your website is blocking bots via the robots.txt file, and unfortunately Google does penalize sites for doing this by giving lower ranking. If you want a good high ranking I would fix this ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
                          Hi,

I monitor my sites Alexa ranking instead of Google page rank, with their small display icon in my browser. It updates every few days. Does anyone else use it?

You can check your sites Alexa ranking here - [ http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo ]

Not sure if its due to the new WP theme I am now using for last couple of weeks, but my Alexa ranking has just reduced to 395k. Its been stuck floating between 400-500k for months.

Still a long way to go - but its a positive move - lol.

Comment

Is Alexa free to use? Every-time I look at signing up it seems to be a premium service?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                              Is Alexa free to use? Every-time I look at signing up it seems to be a premium service?
                              Yes - you do not need to use their paid service. I only use it to monitor my sites progress.

Go here and you can download their free toolbar to monitor any websites Alexa ranking in your browser,

I use the second smaller choice which appears in the bottom right corner of your browser.

Comment

Working...
                              X