Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Needing Some Help - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Some Help

Fellow RSP Members,
    I have had my company up and running now for almost 2 years. In that 2 years I have had one customer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have spent more money on this than I have made. I know it takes money to make money but I was not expecting that I would have no customers. I have been doing web-design for sometime now and have a degree in computer programming and networking. I just use this to help provide hosting to some small companies in my community and to a few friends. I know that this is no big money makes but I feel it has a chance to make a difference. I provide hosting cheaper than most out there. Any tips anyone has would be awesome. I have never made a site and had to do all the work for search engines so I could use some help on that. So please give me any info. and tips you can.

Thanks,
    Justin Lee
    President - Fast Lane Inc.

I tried for over a year to get international sales, and only got one too, so i decided to focus on building up my brand name and focused on my local market. This has had some good returns as i am cheaper than every other host in my area, and certainly offer much more value for money as compared to them.

One thing i will be doing soon is expanding from a local to nation wide area (i live in Scotland, so it's not too hard what with only 5 million people to get in touch with lol).

All I can say is to do your market research. Also, on a more local aspect, go in to shops etc. and ask if they are interested in changing hosting, or even thinking about taking out hosting in the near future. This can have a bigger impact than alot of people give it credit for.

Comment

Thank You

Thanks for you advice. I am going to start doing this ASAP. There is no one company or person in our area that does Hosting so I should have a good shot. Just let me know of any other advice you might have.

Comment

Usually if you got your hosting priced right you can work up proposals for customers or prospects which I sometimes do if it is a give or take situation.

Comment

No problems. One other thing:

If you manage to land a big name through this, ask them if they would mind having their logo up on your site as a customer. This also helps get people to host with you because you already host something that they have heard of.

Comment

Yea, I ask some of the prospects that purchase that if they don't mind in return for helping build there site posting a link or something on their site saying they are hosted by us that would be great.

I also wanted to note to you Flinc that your dedicated server page doesn't work as it won't catch referrals for you that way.
            Last edited by Milen; 25-04-2007, 11:48 PM. Reason: Avoid posting consecutive post in the same thread. Use the Edit button instead.

Comment

ok

Tyler thats a new design for it and I have not yet finished it. I am working on a good custom site for it. As far as the banners I have seen some that way and I think it's a good idea. The Dedicated servers page is not for resellers to this program. RSP offers customers dedicated servers which they can buy. But I might look into it. I know I don't make any money from it I dont think anyways. Thanks again fellas

Comment

You can if you use the proper URL.

Comment

cool

Tyler could you get me that URL

Comment

Originally posted by flinc View Post
                    Tyler could you get me that URL
                    Hey,

It would be:

replace username with your username. Hope this helps,

Regards,

Comment

thx

Thank you Daniel.

Comment

Yes, sorry for my late response. You won't need that custom page of yours though. As well it may happen to make people not buy webhosting from you since out of looking their webhosting is going to be cheaper than what you offer since you are a reseller of them.

Comment

Don't

I don't understand what you mean. Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by TylerGillen View Post
                            Yes, sorry for my late response. You won't need that custom page of yours though. As well it may happen to make people not buy webhosting from you since out of looking their webhosting is going to be cheaper than what you offer since you are a reseller of them.

Yea I agree with Tyler. A good idea might be to make your own paypal checkout button and have people pay you directly for the dedicated server then you take that money and pay RSP.

edit: Well when people get redirected to that link of yours, they'll see that you resell your hosting from RSP. So instead of buying from you hosting they can make their own account and buy from RSP directly.

Regards,
                            Last edited by Guest; 26-04-2007, 03:29 AM. Reason: note

Comment

You might want to read the pages on RSP (ResellersPanel) to understand more about the dedicated servers and the affiliate program.

You should first read everything on the site before posting here, for basic info, but if you problems with trying to use the service then you post here. Hope it helps,

A web hosting reseller platform offering a 2nd level Affiliate Program for referring new resellers and free reseller hosting customers. Gain a 10% lifetime affiliate commission on every sale.

Regards,
                              Last edited by Guest; 26-04-2007, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X