No announcement yet.

Needing Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I would wait until later this year for them to come out for resellers if you are really interested in selling them but dont' want the hassle. You may get good affiliates (maybe) but other than that I doubt you will get all that much webhosting biz. As many people look for the cheapest and will notice that you have the same features as them therefore you are a reseller. On top of that some people when they first click a link know it is a referral and sometimes clear cookies and go to the site without the referral. I know it is harsh but some people do it.

Comment

understood

Yeah its very understandable. I will work on my new layout and see what it looks like. I think I will take the dedicated off

Comment

It may be the smartest thing to do if you don't want to just live off the affiliate money you get (which may not be that much, it just depends on if they use the referral URL). But Kalin announced earlier that dedicated servers, monthly plans, and VPS's would be added to resellers sites probably later this year.

Comment

ok

I see how making it all part of it could and would make RSP more money as well as us resellers. I have 0 affiliates and don't know what to do to get them. Any idea's. Also is there anyone out there willing to help someone make a logo or banner. I have had a few local companies say they will switch but I wish to place a small banner or logo on there site. They are ok with it but I have not professional looking banner or logo.

Comment

Originally posted by flinc View Post
            I see how making it all part of it could and would make RSP more money as well as us resellers. I have 0 affiliates and don't know what to do to get them. Any idea's. Also is there anyone out there willing to help someone make a logo or banner. I have had a few local companies say they will switch but I wish to place a small banner or logo on there site. They are ok with it but I have not professional looking banner or logo.
            Their buying hosting from you and your still putting your banner on their site? Thats just bad business in my opinion. Or are you giving them webspace for free?

Comment

l

I am giving the free space as a trial run. 6 months free then if they like the service they will buy space and the ad will be removed. Thought it would be a way to boost clients and get my name out there

Comment

thats a good idea. if they are larger business's or even just regular business's then this would most likely work as they wouldn't want to change anything after their site is all set and would be willing to pay. For personal customers it might not work as easy cause they have less money to spend.

p.s. Let me know how this works out,

Best Regards,

Comment

Yea, I don't know if I would do it to personal people. As that is just giving them free paid hosting and many may take advantage of that fact. You may want to limit individuals that you give them to that you don't know their needs or what they got planned.

Comment

agreed

I am only going to do this for business's. It is a proven fact that if a person buys hosting from a company there is not a very good chance that person staying there. I mean I sell hosting cheap but I also buy hosting threw another company and I get unlimited everything for about 6 a month. Hard to beat. but I also have hosting threw RSP for hosting. I have also looked into other ways of bringing money to my business with hosting like in adding IRC, Shoutcast, Music services. I know I done this many times before and have made some good money with it. But this is also a deal that you have to spend money to make money. I was spending 20 a month before but in 1 year I was spending about 80 a month and making 190 a month so about 110 a month profit

Comment

Yea, good idea. That isn't too bad at all either.

Comment

more options

I wish we had more options with RSP as far as setting plans. I know alot of people see all the space and bandwidth along with the cheap price and say woooo this has to be a joke. so they wont try it. Never know though. if we could make smaller plans i think we all would do better business

Comment

They have been testing a personal plan to see how it comes into play in price range. I haven't heard much back about how it has been going but I'm sure if it goes well then it will be looked at to be implemented.

Comment

yes I think

local is going to be better myself I invest very little because return is small and to much advertizement will kill profit just to be mean when I see something like a addwords link to computition I click it $.05 each time does build up fast

Comment

Originally posted by flinc View Post
                              I wish we had more options with RSP as far as setting plans.
                              Resellers can create custom hosting plans through the Plans & Domains section of the reseller control panel. The plan should meet certain minimum requirements for resellers to be able to offer the plan through the reseller templates or the remote order form, but still I think that the plan builder offers sufficient flexibility for resellers who do not like the pre-made plans or would like to expand their offers further.

Comment

thanks for share

Comment

Working...
                                X