Site Sudio upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Sudio upgrade

Back in November it was announced that Site Studio would be upgraded to version 1.8

What is the latest word on this? I still show 1.6 and I wanted to use this with one of my new clients.

When I submitted a ticket on this I was told that they didn't know when this will take place.

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
    Back in November it was announced that Site Studio would be upgraded to version 1.8

What is the latest word on this? I still show 1.6 and I wanted to use this with one of my new clients.

When I submitted a ticket on this I was told that they didn't know when this will take place.
    Yeah,even sc11 uk server also still using 1.6.
    I opened a ticket and talked to them lot of time,even here in forum http://forum.resellerspanel.com/showthread.php?t=4651

Comment

vlasi47gr, as I explained in the thread that wjleong has quoted, the SiteStudio upgrade has been a lot more painstaking than we expected and has generated numerous unforeseen issues. I suppose that the upgrade process has been stalled until all of these issues could be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        vlasi47gr, as I explained in the thread that wjleong has quoted, the SiteStudio upgrade has been a lot more painstaking than we expected and has generated numerous unforeseen issues. I suppose that the upgrade process has been stalled until all of these issues could be resolved.
        If so,then why don't update clients about this situation?
        Disappointed...

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Any word on where this stands now?

Comment

wjleong, The Stealthy One, I do not have any new information about the SiteStudio update. I would suggest opening a support ticket to request an update about this.

Comment

Re:site Studio

This the only responce i got when i opened a ticket ..

Hello,

I would like to let you know that our intentions were to upgrade the version Site Studio from 1.6 to 1.8 - as you can see we have announced that we are going to do it. However, we did not upgrade due to various technical and software issues regarding this matter, therefore an announcement stating the completion of the upgrade has not been made. We apologize for the misunderstanding. Thank you for the understanding.

Should we be of assistance again, please feel free to contact us - we are always happy to help.

Comment

Site Sudio upgrade

This what was said after i asked about a time-frame for when i would resolved.

I am afraid we cannot give you an exact time-frame, but we make announcements when upgrades are completed so you can check the News section for that information.

Should we be of further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

Well it has been over 6 months since it was announced that a new version of Site Studio would be available. Has anyone heard anything yet? To RSP: If Site Studio update version is not compatible how about looking into another application that would work and be better than what we have?

Comment

vlasi47gr, here is the latest update from our Marketing Department regarding SiteStudio:

Some time ago, we promised to shortly upgrade the version of our website builder, the Site Studio. The upgrade to the new Site Studio ran smoothly for all new customers. However, the conversion of existing sites to the new version of the software turned out to be more troublesome and time consuming than expected. We ran into a serious problem with the compatibility between the existing Site Studio setup and the new installation.

After spending several months working on this problem and making a series of tests, today we managed to convert two of our servers sup_remecenter50.com and sup_remecenter51.com, to use the new version of the Site Studio site builder software. All tests we ran with Site Studio based sites on those servers were successful, no drawbacks in the site’s layout and performance were detected. We’d like to encourage all of you using Site Studio and managing an account on either of those servers to test if your site is showing up properly and report any eventual problems to our support team via a support ticket.

The list of updates available with the new Site Studio is really long, but some of the most important ones are the introduction of a bunch of new templates and small "facelift" changes to some of the older ones (changed fonts, colors, etc.).

Additionally, on each web page created with the new Site Studio you will find a small default text "Powered by Parallels". This text can be changed from the "Settings" menu on each page.

In the next several days, we will be receiving reports on how the new Site Studio installation is working and if it proves to be stable enough, we will proceed with converting all of our servers to the new version.

Comment

glad to hear that.

after long wait, finally some positive result.

Comment

That announcement was dated June 2nd on the RSP blog. How is the installations coming along on the other servers? I still show version 1.6 on SC29.

Comment

vlasi47gr, unfortunately, I do not have information on the schedule for the upgrade of SiteStudio on specific servers. Please, open a support ticket to request information on the SiteStudio upgrade on SC29.

Comment

I did, Milen, but unfortunately they could not give me one either.

Comment

Working...
                              X