Show SiteStudio productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dan,
    Ever watch a commercial by the 'Video Professor'? Your opening intro sentence reminded me of him. In the way you described; "making the internet work for you!"

Just a similarity, is all.

Originally posted by WebHoster

Comment

No, I haven't. Hope this doesn't make me sound stupid, but what is the Video Professor?

Comment

http://videoproffesor.com/

He's the guy that shows beginners how to use their computers. *heh
        I usually switch channels as quick as I can find the remote. Personally, he just freaks me out, man! Kinda looks like that weird old uncle type of dood living with grandma that werks outta his basement.

Originally posted by WebHoster
        No, I haven't. Hope this doesn't make me sound stupid, but what is the Video Professor?

Comment

I have made two websites using SiteStudio...and once you learn your way around, it is a quick and easy way to build.

My own website: www.lwoodpens.com

The other Website I built: www.sbks4u.com

Please feel free to send me your feedback as well.....Thanks

Comment

[;ease forgive me if my typing is bad but i visited that site and now cannot see anything...

dnaile, tha quite a website/ There's a good example of how to use SS!

and yours were good tpp pleatp. i've seen them before and they look nvery nice@

Comment

I just visited the bright leaf or whatever it was called.

Now we must be charitable ...

Someone obviously spent a LOT of time creating that site

Someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge about websites

and who is now thrilled to see all the traffic they're getting

I was a newbie once and when i think about my first website, I have to laugh out loud, but hey, I gave it my best shot with the knowledge I had *then*.

Have a great day one and all,
              Cheers
              WebGirl!

Comment

Hi.

I am a newbie and have a less than 2 week old website www.thewatchworks.org created by myself via SiteStudio too.

Just for starters, I have no html experience or webhosting experience.

I just want to ask (this question could be silly to some but not to me)...how do I put adsense to my sitestudio webpages?

Which webpage template of sitestudio can appear in?

Is it a simple copy and paste operation?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi there Rado1,

Depending on where on the page you want your google adsense, you just create a new paragraph [that's what I do].

If you want them down the page, select *2 columns* in the Edit section for the page.

If you want them across the page at any point, just create a new paragraph and paste the code in.

To choose which kinds of adsense ad *shape*, pop over to this cool site, and type in your domain name:

The blurb is, "... special Google AdSense Web Tool. This tool allows you to peek at which Google AdWords may be displayed on your site. It also provides six suggestions for using the AdSense Web Tool to maximize your AdSense revenue."

Hope this helps, good luck! PS - nice job on your new site - congratulations!
                  Cheers
                  WebGirl!

Comment

Webgirl,

Thank you so much for being helpful. As I mentioned, I have zero knowledge about these things and I need step-by-step instructions.

1. How do I create a paragraph? Where do I find this function and on what template page type?

2. Is there an instruction manual on how to do these things?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WebGirl
                      I just visited the bright leaf or whatever it was called.

Now we must be charitable ...

Someone obviously spent a LOT of time creating that site

Someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge about websites

and who is now thrilled to see all the traffic they're getting.....
                      WebGirl!
                      When I posted this sight I actually had two motives. Yes, one was to show what you shouldn't do on a web site. The other was to show what you can do with SiteStudio. This site shows how flexible SiteStudio can be. This guy updates the site quite frequently, therefore it shows how easy SiteStudio can be to work with.
                      I have to admit that he knows how to manipulate and work within SiteStudio much more than I do.

Comment

Hey vlasi47gr/Nick,

I agree wholeheartedly ... Site Studio is easy to use - I love it!

And especially easy for newbies.

Cheers
                        WebGirl

Comment

Rado,

Hi, the fastest way to get up to speed is to watch the videos.

When you log in to your control panel, and before you login to your website, there are a list of 7 videos on the screen. Watch each one.

Then when you're working in Site Studio there is a HELP button in top right corner of every page [a question mark] which takes you to comprehensive context-sensitive help.

You'll get the hang of it in no time.

And because I love Site Studio so much for me and my clients, I'm writing a training manual for even the non-techiest of newbies.

Good luck and have fun,
                          Cheers
                          Teena

Comment

hmmm...there was an ad for xoom.com on there. Apparently it's a money-sending site.

Didn't it used to be like an early xanga/geocities? or was that something else?

Comment

Hi Webgirl,

I was able to put the Adsense thanks to you.

But looking at my site www.thewatchworks.org I would want to put the adsense on the space below the index area of my welcome page. In short, there is a rectangular-vertical box that has nothing in it. But I can't seem to find out how to put adsense there.

That is why I just put adsense horizontally on my welcome page.

As for the xoom question (of the other poster)...I think you were referring to another website.

Thanks again.

Comment

Actually, Xoom was indeed a free web hosting site, part of the NBCi network through sometime in 2002, when it was axed.

Comment

Working...
                                X