Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct order form problem? am I alone

Hey everyone,

I am new here, first I would like to thank the entire rsp staff and everyone on this forum who has helped me along the way.

I wanted to know if I am the only one with this problem. I am assuming not because after viewing other customized sites I noticed the same problems on the order form.

Scenerio, you work countless hours customizing your site. After you use iframe for the order form, you test it. And you realize when required fields are missing it loads a new blank page with the error message. This is a real bummer.

Here is the culprit, if you view the source codes of duo...ers.com/ order page you will see this line:

// remote order forms
    if (top.location != self.location) {
    document.orderForm.target = '_blank';
    }
    // end: remote order forms

document.orderForm.target = '_blank' tells it to open new blank page.

Wouldn't it be better for this line to be:

// remote order forms
    if (top.location != self.location) {
    document.orderForm.target = '_self';
    }
    // end: remote order forms

If it is document.orderForm.target = '_self' it will load into the iframe. Keeping intact your logos and customized layout. It it will be more fluid and consistent.

Unfortunately I cannot change this line for this file located on duo***ers. So even if you are told you can customize the order form. Reality is you cannot, missing required fields will always be passed to duo**ers thus open a new blank window. It makes no sense to me to open a new blank window for this page. It makes more sense to load into the same page (since iframes are used). Am I the only one with this situation? ?

I hope this will be considered and changed from rsp. So our long hours of customizing are not wasted. This alone maybe reasons for "shopping cart" abandonment. In the long run it will be a win win situation for rsp and us resellers.

Just wanted to know what others thought about this.

kwansan, I will forward your suggestion to our developers and management. However, I cannot guarantee when and if it would be implemented.

Comment

Thanks Milen !

You are always helpful and prompt. Usually I get most of my questions answered by browsing the forums until my eyes start popping out.

I sent Robb an email with the details and I think I got want I needed by using the API. I might be making a premature evaluation. But so far it is working like a charm. I am still beta testing the customized order form. But I think it's gonna work. . API is powerful and definitely not for the faint of heart. Thanks again!

PS. I think you should move all the questions/post about API into its own section. I see you answering the same question about API over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by kwansan
        PS. I think you should move all the questions/post about API into its own section. I see you answering the same question about API over and over again
        This happens, because some forum members do not seem to want to use the forum search feature or simply do not know how to use it, but we will consider your suggestion for making a new forum section about the API.

Comment

Hi Milen,

Thank you thank you ! I got an email from Robb, informing me now the order error/validation page loads into the same page. It is beautiful ! . I guess anyone using the iframe order form would need to recheck their page heights. The error validation page may force scroll bars.

I am impressed how quickly this change was made considering the heavy workload of the devs. Excellent work! Kudos to the devs and rsp staff.

Unfortunately, I started using api for my order form validation (but now I know I can revert back to iframe at anytime). Quick question, I could start a new post, but will ask here. Would it be a problem if customers in UK, EU, Aussie, Canada chose to pay in USD instead of their currency? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I tried searching this forum for Api, api, API and it returned no results. However, if you browse through the entire forum and manually eye for api there are several post about api questions. Thought you wanted to know Milen

Comment

Originally posted by kwansan
            Quick question, I could start a new post, but will ask here. Would it be a problem if customers in UK, EU, Aussie, Canada chose to pay in USD instead of their currency? Thanks in advance.
            No, it would not be a problem. The choice of currency for payment is up to the customer. Some time ago we accepted only US dollars, so customers could not choose a currency for payment, but now they can do so, if they want.

Comment

Hi,

Milen, Thank you for always taking the time to answer my post.

Ok with the help of rsp team and by using api, I have my order form redirecting to my site for error validation and have maintained all its default functions. Thank you everyone at rsp for assisting me.

I am not sure what rate the currency is converted at. But, If I set my prices at $8.95 USD it is converted to 5.55 sterling pound, 8.06 euros, 12.53 aud, etc etc. I want to have the conversion at prices like 8.95 usd, 5.95 sterling, 7.95 euros, 12.95 aud, and 11.95 cad.

In other words I am rounding up or down. Preferrably up. =). I know it is not accurate exchange rate. However, to me, it seems more appealing.

Now would it be a problem if I pass these prices to worldpay or paypal for processing and charging these prices?

If it is ok, would it be possible to get the rate formula so that I can tweak it to reflect my new conversion prices? I could always do the math but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

kwansan, prices in currencies other than the US dollar are calculated based on current market foreign exchange rates plus a small cap as an insurance against possible exchange rate calculations, so in there are no fixed exchange rates.

Comment

Originally posted by kwansan View Post
                  Hi Milen,

Thank you thank you ! I got an email from Robb, informing me now the order error/validation page loads into the same page. It is beautiful ! .
                  As far as I can see from the sites that implement the remote form, the error/validation page still loads by opening a new window.

Comment

wierd, yea it was fixed before, now is back to opening a new window again

Comment

coyouth, Daniel, I will tell our developers about this, but I advise you to open a support ticket whenever you encounter an issue similar to this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X