Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Sold me 1st hosting - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold me 1st hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lumix, roboba, and abimco,

As resellers who have the very likely possiblity of interfacing with our clients, it is our right to log into their account whether they request us to or not.

My method is to log into each new account and get a feel for what's going on so that when the client does have a problem, I'm better able to help.

You're not violating any privacy laws by logging into a client's account. RSP doesn't mind you logging into the account or else they wouldn't have given you the option. And finally, if you've got a hosting client who doesn't want you logging into their account - well, that's a bit crazy...after all, you're their host aren't you?

Just some thoughts...

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
      My method is to log into each new account and get a feel for what's going on so that when the client does have a problem, I'm better able to help.
      Well said. I agree not to invade their privacy when it comes to their files and email, but I regularly log into all of my accounts to see how they are doing. I read their support tickets, see if they may need more space, and see how much bandwidth they are using. This helps me when they send me an email and also lets me offer upgrades they may not know would benefit them. I also go in and assist customers set up their files and scripts, if they ask.

I believe it is vital to provide the best customer service I can, and I believe that means being involved in their accounts. I do see myself as their web host. Not just an affiliate trying to sign up as many customers as possible.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Logging into a client's control panel is not like logging into a client's email and should not be treated as such. After all, you're logging in AS the reseller and NOT as the client.

It's that simple.

Comment

Since I don't have any client's accounts to go into yet, I'll have to take everyone's words on it.

I actually am surprised that, at least as it sounds, the only visibility of your customers is through their CP's. For my main reseller hosting that I have, I can access all accounts directly from cPanel and view and manage all accounts globally from WHM. Granted, that is a whole different ballgame as I'm able to configure storage, bandwidth, etc.

I guess I don't see any issues either, nor do I think any customer would seem surprised. I think they would actually expect as much.

Comment

identity, I agree with that, and I to use another host which I pay for as my main service, heck I pay so little I do free hosting on the side, lol, and that uses WHM/cPanel with RVskin, but yes I agree, I would think the customer would expect such as your should be allowed to monitor to make sure people are not sending Spam or doing something they shouldn't (aka TOS violations).
            And to the people getting all jumpy about it, the dude said he had permission and it was his brother, what are you blind or just reading half the sentance and jumping to reply?!
            Cut some slack will you, god,

Comment

lumix ~

No one said you should nose around in file manager, change their cpanel colors, or mess with their files. But I do seem to remember RSP suggesting that is was ok to check or "add to" a support ticket. Their is nothing wrong with expecting your customer get the best possible services and support and checking to be sure that they are.

Again I consider myself to be the hosting company although you consider yourself an "affiliate." I do not own the servers no more than RSP owns Hostcentric (the back bone). RSP does what they can to keep their name out of your hosting business leaving your customer to believe that you are in fact the host. This is why they give everyone here their own Support ID number.

If you are using this opportunity to sign up as many Resellers as you can, you are in fact an affiliate as your only getting a percentage of that sale and can not log into their cpanel or their customers cpanel. I think the whole purpose of the program is to run it as your own business, as you see fit. Logging into a customers cpanel would only be unethical if you were doing it to be malicious.

Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2005, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RFarnham
                identity, I agree with that, and I to use another host which I pay for as my main service, heck I pay so little I do free hosting on the side, lol, and that uses WHM/cPanel with RVskin, but yes I agree, I would think the customer would expect such as your should be allowed to monitor to make sure people are not sending Spam or doing something they shouldn't (aka TOS violations).
                And to the people getting all jumpy about it, the dude said he had permission and it was his brother, what are you blind or just reading half the sentance and jumping to reply?!
                Cut some slack will you, god,
                The first 2 posts in this thread have no metion of a brother. Only after my first post does he mention a "bro" My next post was in responce to styme. Maybe YOU are the one that is blind and reading half of the sentences and jumping to reply.
                If my host was to log into my account,with out a good reason, he would no longer have a customer.
                I'm glad that REAL hosting companies have better morals then some on this board do. I dare someone to take this question of customer privatcy to the WHT forums at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lumix
                  I'm glad that REAL hosting companies have better morals then some on this board do.
                  Whether or not anyone here has a higher set of morals than anyone else is irrelivant and doesn't have anything to do with anything.

If you think that a hosting company does not check disk space used, # of accounts created, traffic used, etc., from time to time then you've not a clue. Because they do.

As said before... Looking at usage info is not the same as opening up emails and digging around and changing settings.

I dare someone to take this question of customer privatcy to the WHT forums at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                  The last dare I took was with a little redheaded cheerleader and a bottle of ********. I'll be keeping it that way and passing on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by resellersreseller
                    If you think that a hosting company does not check disk space used, # of accounts created, traffic used, etc., from time to time then you've not a clue. Because they do.
                    Disk space, bandwidth and domains hosted are all monitored by the settings made in web host manager.Exced any of the limits set and the domain is automatically suspended untill the violation is corrected.. No need to go into a clinets account. At least thats how it works with a real hosting company runing a linux server and cpanel and WHM .
                    I stand by my views, you have no business logging into your customers accounts unless invited in or if there is a script problem causing a high server load, violation of the TOS or AUP.
                    Not because
                    Originally posted by vanhiphop
                    Now I did see i can login to his account and take a look a round...thats nice.

Comment

I dare someone to take this question of customer privatcy to the WHT forums at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
                      I actually left WebHostingTalk because most of what went on there was trash, unfortunately. It could've been a very cool place...

Comment

hahahaha thanks guys...cool group we have here.

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
                          I actually left WebHostingTalk because most of what went on there was trash, unfortunately. It could've been a very cool place...
                          WHT = SPAM heaven.

Comment

RR makes a good point as I am sure that many hosts are going to make sure that there are no weirdo's storing child **** on there servers as well. Besides, there really is no way for the customer to know that you logged in as far as I know.

Comment

Support Ticket First

Hey, things of this important nature, posting it here is not gonna get you the quickest results. Open up a Troubleshooting Ticket and have the admins get to work on it right away. (if you already haven't done so)

Just food for thought and future know how.

Originally posted by vanhiphop
                              what it says in his account is:

status Rejected - this domain registration/transfer has been rejected.

can this be fixed...or why did this happen as I am sure they will ask me...like to have a answer.

Cheers,

Comment

yeah if all else fails and you can't find an answer from the forum, open up a ticket

Comment

Working...
                                X