Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 can I have affiliates? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I have affiliates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate that Milen Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
      DMHP, thanks for saving me time to explain the affiliate system. Your explanation is a good one and absolutely right.
      Yes, I agree... but I think that there should be an article that you can just give ppl the link to when they ask the question. (seams to be asked a lot, it'd save time )

Comment

I've also searched for possibilities to add an affiliate program to my resellers site (not referring to reselling through RSP, but only referring to my site). A program that seams afordable and simple is myreferer.com. However, this kind of program requires an image tag to be added to the purchase confirmation page on my site. And there's the problem... So if RSP could implement a posibility to add a tag to the confirmation page or build a custom confirmation page, that would give us the posibility to use whatever affiliate system we like.

Comment

There is also the option of adding an affiliate program using third party software that can be found all over the internet. However, this is good for only those of us that pay for our hosting.

Comment

Yes, I've thought about that too, but doesn't those also require that I can edit the confirmation page? Or how do they confirm a purchase? (I do use a custom site)

Comment

...here we go again

There's that whole "Can I have resellers working for me case again."

The answer to that question seems to be a resounding YES. However, I still think our ADMINS should seriously consider putting a cap, or clause on this entire issue, once and for all. Afterall, if a RESELLER is allowed to resell hosting from this company, it should also consider the anonymity of ALL their other resellers trying to make it in this competitive market. Hence, if all resellers were allowed to post a RESELLER link directly on their current main web hosting web sites, it just completely blows the entire effort to remain anonymous, useless.

I'm hoping someone will see the logic in this and make the appropriate changes.

Comment

Ok headache..
                Basically you want to run a referral program of your own in which you will give the referring person a percentage of what you make from each sale he helps bring you through RSP right?

And my answer to this is that it can not be denied to you, heck if you had people helping you sell you should pay them, it's a form of employeement and advertising and is covered by "Fair Trade" laws here in the U.S. RSP has nothing to do with your business, they are just your wholesaler, they can't tell you that you can not have referral programs of your own.

I have one going my self though I just started here, I don't use RSP solely and I wouldn't stop my referral programs if they said because legally I have the right to, whether in you country it is your right or not is for you to find out, but generally, it's your business run it how you wish as long it is legal of course, and if you make more money doing it so doesn't RSP, and I wouldn't complain if I was RSP

Ohh and also only you can cap your income, if RSP caps our income, they cap theirs which is not in best interest all around. The market is always changing, people make more then other people, thus you change and adapt to try to compete, putting caps on things takes away that ability over other sources out side of RSP and cap's are done by communists in my opinion, lets not go there shall we?..

I hope this helped you out!

I hope I understood the original question, this topic is shaky to it's actuall meaning at best.
                Last edited by Guest; 28-02-2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Milen,
                  I found a great suggestion in another thread:
                  Originally posted by resellersreseller
                  Perhaps an added page to each standard template that would be for affiliate sign up rather than to the RSP site?
                  My suggestion is to dump the current affiliate system and instead set up an affiliate page that draws end-users to the resellers. E.g. the end-user would sign up for the affiliate program on my reseller page but the program managed by RSP. I understand that RSP wants to get more resellers, and thus the old system, but I think this suggestion would bring more end-users at the end of the day. RSP already has the administration for commission payment (a lot more people to pay though ). It would be a great win for resellers (=greater sales for RSP) and as the word gets around, RSP gets more resellers anyhow since it offers the best profit opportunities for their resellers

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
                    My suggestion is to dump the current affiliate system and instead set up an affiliate page that draws end-users to the resellers. E.g. the end-user would sign up for the affiliate program on my reseller page but the program managed by RSP. I understand that RSP wants to get more resellers, and thus the old system, but I think this suggestion would bring more end-users at the end of the day. RSP already has the administration for commission payment (a lot more people to pay though ). It would be a great win for resellers (=greater sales for RSP) and as the word gets around, RSP gets more resellers anyhow since it offers the best profit opportunities for their resellers
                    sounds complicated but I get the idea...

Comment

Working...
                    X