Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we no need to do business again because of this!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to know how the project goes if they are willing to release how it turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
      may i have another suggestions?
      Please keep the original free domain name registration....
      And increase the number of free domain name registration,like we can offer up to 5/10/20 or unlimited free fomain name....
      i don't mind start the 2nd free domain name offer will cost us not $4/year but $8.95....
      If we could offer more free domain name,it would be more attractive since we are start offering the multiple domain hosting now.......
      please consider this......
      i believe this suggestion is more useful and productive than the point i started this thread....

thank you.....
      I'm a little late on this, been away for some time.. Not to bash your idea, but it doesn't seem to be a very well thought out one. It seems to have more holes than a field full of prairie dogs.

Domain price has always increased the package price by $5. $4 goes to the actual domain cost, the other $1 goes to the reseller. Considering that fact, this idea would not be a good one. Domain registrations cost money, 1 free domain is enough even though its not actually free, just slightly discounted to the end users. I have not done a lot of sales, but I will say, doing it your way would be of no benefit to anyone. All it would do is increase the price of hosting packages. Its hard enough to promote them as it is considering all the ridicule we get from the major hosting forums and the hosting community. Who is going to absorb the costs for these extra free domains? The resellers, rsp or the customer? If you think the reseller will do this you better think again. If you think the reseller would allow the customer to absorb it, think again. Thats dirty business in my opinion.

Comment

Yea, I personally didn't respond to what was said as I was thinking I was reading it incorrectly. But after your thought-out statement I do understand I did read it correctly.

Just as you said giving the end user 1 extra free domain isn't doing nothing. For one I think giving one free one is generous enough for those that want to do it. I personally don't even add it to the hosting price I just charge $5 extra to a hosting plan if they want a domain in a hosting plan.

Giving out more than 1 free domain in my mind is unreasonable and just makes the prices higher. Plus I mean if someone is getting a *free* domain from you and they like how it works and how they have their domain and would like another one. Then they will pay the extra money to get another one giving them two is just kind-of odd. Most people who buy hosting packages are usually focusing on one site.

Sorry to add my two-cents and make it sound just like yours Adam but I do feel the same way. I just thought I would justify it from my perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          I'm a little late on this, been away for some time.. Not to bash your idea, but it doesn't seem to be a very well thought out one. It seems to have more holes than a field full of prairie dogs.

Domain price has always increased the package price by $5. $4 goes to the actual domain cost, the other $1 goes to the reseller. Considering that fact, this idea would not be a good one. Domain registrations cost money, 1 free domain is enough even though its not actually free, just slightly discounted to the end users. I have not done a lot of sales, but I will say, doing it your way would be of no benefit to anyone. All it would do is increase the price of hosting packages. Its hard enough to promote them as it is considering all the ridicule we get from the major hosting forums and the hosting community. Who is going to absorb the costs for these extra free domains? The resellers, rsp or the customer? If you think the reseller will do this you better think again. If you think the reseller would allow the customer to absorb it, think again. Thats dirty business in my opinion.

I think i have to clarify about what i suggested.
          I do mean that If we COULD offer more than 1 free domain name,but not we SHOULD offer it to the clients...
          this is one of the marketing tactic....
          sure if they accepted,i believe the will keep the 1 free domain name offer,but not force you to offer more if you are not willing to do so....
          I understand the price will be more higher,but that's depend on how is your marketing strategy and it doesn't mean that you have to offer more,right?
          hope you can understand me..
          thanks

Comment

I understand that you mean you can but don't have to but it will be possible. Yet, truely I think that this wouldn't help any bit either way.

Personally if I saw a package that offered 1 free domain and then another with 2 or 3 it wouldn't really change my oppinion on what package to get.

I don't mean to decline your suggestion or anything but in my mind it would be the best of interest to only allow one. I guess it wouldn't hurt to allow more but it may just be time wasted at least for the developing team.

I think seeing 3 free domains on one package doesn't cause to many people to purcahse a hosting package. As for most newbies they look for the cheapest price and most website gurus already have a domain or only need one.

I think it is just kinda pushing the limits, I have never even seen a site that has said 3 free domains with every hosting package or 2 free domains. Most only give one and if I had 2 or 3 free domains it would go to waste as I wouldn't know what to make them since I would have to choose a domain during the order process and would not know what to choose.

Overall in my oppinion this should not be implemented. But it is the managements decision. I hope this doesn't come off harsh, I just mean it to come off from my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerGillen View Post
              I understand that you mean you can but don't have to but it will be possible. Yet, truely I think that this wouldn't help any bit either way.

Personally if I saw a package that offered 1 free domain and then another with 2 or 3 it wouldn't really change my oppinion on what package to get.

I don't mean to decline your suggestion or anything but in my mind it would be the best of interest to only allow one. I guess it wouldn't hurt to allow more but it may just be time wasted at least for the developing team.

I think seeing 3 free domains on one package doesn't cause to many people to purcahse a hosting package. As for most newbies they look for the cheapest price and most website gurus already have a domain or only need one.

I think it is just kinda pushing the limits, I have never even seen a site that has said 3 free domains with every hosting package or 2 free domains. Most only give one and if I had 2 or 3 free domains it would go to waste as I wouldn't know what to make them since I would have to choose a domain during the order process and would not know what to choose.

Overall in my oppinion this should not be implemented. But it is the managements decision. I hope this doesn't come off harsh, I just mean it to come off from my perspective.

Thanks for understanding....
              I understand that it may be not so attractive,but sometimes it may be help.Nowaday,I saw many hosting providers they even offer 3-5 free domain name registration as low as USD$9.95/month .
              May be because they are domain registrar so that they able to offer such free domain...

Comment

Free domain names don't sell hosting. Good, reliable, proven hosting, sells quality hosting.

Comment

Very true! I believe one domain is somewhat attractive to those that are new to hosting. But domains go only so far when someone is deciding to choose a hosting provider.

Comment

Working...
                  X