Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder Is this company honouring the offers they give to customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Is this company honouring the offers they give to customers?

The support ticket is quite slow or my email is just ignored.
    Support tickets are supposed to be answered in one hour, but this has taken several days and no response
    (ticket (cpanel@resellerspanel.com) activated 5 December 2007).
    I don't like these kinds of cat and mouse games.

I got a offer from Live Chat and was thinking to accepting it (Live Chat user name marksu).
    My problems was that clientexec did not have right language files ready made.

I asked for the language files for review, but supports response was that cause it is 3 party app they do that.
    Also I was told on further info about the matter they would charge me $60 per hour.

Well they are entitled to define they support policy as they like of course.

Still if that is their policy that they don’t give support on any 3 party app of any kind and all their apps are 3 party well...
    That does confuse me. Well what ever that is not my main point though my main problem lies in the offer they gave me at Live Chat.

MAIN POINT
    I did a lot of research to get to review the extent of translating the languages files my self.
    Now that I was going to accept the offer same sales person just is telling me that he don’t remember our discussion.

Well he has access to Live Chat history (which he admit), he could easily check what kind of offer he given me.
    His main response was:

"Teo: I will not look for it, I have no time for that and also I do NOT REMEMBER such conversation"

In our corporate consulting organisation we do have the politics that we honour the offers we give to our customers.
    I would hope this company would do the same?

marksu

Live Support has given a reseller a response that pisses me off, even though it isnt directed at me. What in the world gives them the right to go and say I refuse to do it just because I don't remember us having a discussion before? And he doesnt have time? Are you telling me that in the long hours you work on the Live Support that you can't take just TWO minutes to look up a simple chatlog? In my opinion, thats just being irresponsible. It's sort of like the CEO telling his employees that he refuses to pay them. Same thing, different department. I would like to know, as would marksu, I'm sure, what the folks at RSP have to say about this.

Comment

This sounds a little fishy to me, but I don't exactly understand the deal that was made. The chat reps aren't allowed to negotiate costs so I know it won't be that.

Comment

Hi,
        After further investigation on this issue myself as I didn't feel this is what RSP would do as I have been RSP for a couple years and this is not their goals. So after further review I began to read through your post and it didn't fit all together. Your post wasn't very well thought out and when I spoke with Teo he said that it was that you wanted to lower the price and get more for your plan.

Which was my first thought when reading your post. I cannot say this is what you are trying to do but if you are trying to point and digg for RSP's problems or digging at nothing to get what you want (cheaper plan with more space) then you shouldn't take it at the expense of Teo. RSP is a great service, they are very flexiable and I don't know of any webhost that has their CEOs and Presidents of the company that participates in forums like this. Like Nick and Kalin do, I contacted Kalin earlier for his review of the problem thinking something wasn't right.

Also I didn't think the quote sounded right either and accordingly I was told it was said but the context in which you put it makes it sound different than the way it was put in the chat.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerGillen View Post
          This sounds a little fishy to me, but I don't exactly understand the deal that was made.
          Exactly your dont. Nothing fishy here.

Comment

Hi,
            Hi,
            After further investigation on this issue myself as I didn't feel this is what RSP would do as I have been RSP for a couple years and this is not their goals. So after further review I began to read through your post and it didn't fit all together. Your post wasn't very well thought out and when I spoke with Teo he said that it was that you wanted to lower the price and get more for your plan.

Which was my first thought when reading your post. I cannot say this is what you are trying to do but if you are trying to point and digg for RSP's problems or digging at nothing to get what you want (cheaper plan with more space) then you shouldn't take it at the expense of Teo.
            Well my previous comment to your thread should have been enaf, but I quess I have response to your accusations.

Nice thing that you have been doing investigation on the matter. Could you also tell me your position in this company?
            Are you personnel on just reseller doing investigations?

Well your response is confusing to me as you are trying to make it sound like I am trying to get some NEW offer on the table.
            That is not the case. I don’t know what your position in to this company etc... Aviously you have not read the chat history just asked some questions from Teo.

Hi,
            RSP is a great service, they are very flexiable and I don't know of any webhost that has their CEOs and Presidents of the company that participates in forums like this. Like Nick and Kalin do, I contacted Kalin earlier for his review of the problem thinking something wasn't right.
            I am glad to hear that and I believe you that they do great job, but this is that what this is about. I am sure Nick and Kalin are doing wery nice job here.

Also I didn't think the quote sounded right either and accordingly I was told it was said but the context in which you put it makes it sound different than the way it was put in the chat.
            Not sure to what info you are basing on that it is taken totally out from context. Of course I did not put the hole chat to this thread.
            The main point came out as it was directed in the chat quoted as it was sead, which was that that Teo would not even bother to look at the chatlog.
            There is nothing that says other ways.

They already made me a offer which I wanted to be honoured that is all and not pressing for new deals.
            I own a consulting company which is consulting companies in different quality standard like ISO 9000, Benchmarking, Balance Scorecard etc.. The honouring customer offers are one most important aspect in business. That is something I take for granted. The response I got was not the way you would expect from RSP like you stated.

The money is not the issues it's more like if you give a offer you should stick to it.
            So please do not try to turn my text that I am the bad reseller here.

What I quoted it what was said and so I don't quite understand how that could be out of context.

Not either understand why you are responding to this issue and not the RSP people. Your comments makes this thread only more confusing for everybody.

I am sure you are wery happy with services you got from this company and want to give supportive pointer on RSP side.

I sure this company is good company and wanted just have this issue responded by RSP without outside people writing hear say about that RSP have sead. I might been better to not having to explain you these things as it just makes this thread longer. Now is clear that company personnel are aware of this thread but seems like you are the spokes person.

I can’t either see any direct justification in your text to any of my described problems.

My intension was to get a response from RSP as they don’t response to my support ticket. I hope your intension is not to make this thread sound like witch hunt such so admin could close it without further responses.

Comment

Hello Mark,

I don't believe we have met around so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vasko Dalkalachev and I'm one supervisors and an CTO at Resellerspanel.com - the other supervisors are Oliver Reed and Kyle Richards.
              Kyle is mainly involved in the supervision of the tickets submitted by the customers of resellers involved in the free Reseller program while I and Oliver manage the rest - reseller tickets, e-mails and live chat sessions. Since there is considerable amount of tickets submitted by the customers of the Free resellers we supervise those tickets as well but we never directly contact the customers - due matters of keeping the privacy and identity of our resellers.
              Milen from the other hand is handling the forum but since he is not present at the moment I do believe that this post should be replied in a timely manner.

Friday - the last day of the week, the hopes for a good sleep diminished Teo called me and he was quite upset due to this post. Since you do not seem to be familiar with the search capabilities of the Live Chat software I'm providing you with a short description.
              After logging into the administrative panel there is a History section which allows us to see the history of every live-chat session that took place. In
              addition the History section contains links that are anything but user-friendly. Each link displays (on one screen) the live-chat sessions that took place in 24hours. There is no "Search" function. That is why it took awhile
              before I manage to find most of your live-chat sessions that took place for the last 3 weeks and it took a bit longer to read each one of them. After all you took your time to make a claim that we do not honor the offers we give to our customers and I believe it is perfectly reasonable to spend an hour or so of overtime so I can investigate this and write the proper reply.

I'm sure the translation of Clientexec in Swedish and Finnish is very important to you and I am sure that you checked our site quite well. As you were able
              to see we have not stated - anywhere - that we provide custom cPanel Reseller packages. This means that neither the size of the packages or their price negotiable. Of course in certain circumstances we may be able to provide a given prospective customer with a custom solution - different than the ones displayed on our web-site. Those offers get approved solely by Kalin Blaskoff or Nick Blaskoff. However that is not the situation with this particular case.

You have asked us to halve the price of cPanel Plan1 and get in return cPanel Plan1 with halved the disk-space and traffic (bandwidth). That happened (as far as I can see) on 5th of November 2007 during a live-chat session with Lou.
              Lou as well as any other of our employees does her best to do her job in the best way she can. The live-chat session started at 20:20 server time. Lou answered your questions in a very good manner up to a point where you started to ask repeatedly for lowering the price and the plan disk-space/traffic. At 20:52 Lou acting on her own decided to make an offer in attempt to satisfy your request:

Lou: I could offer you another option - how about $20/month for 35GB storage and 350GB traffic?

She did not consult with me or anyone else who could explain that such options are simply not available. I do understand her and I do understand why she decided to do this. Live-chat support can be very stressful sometimes especially when there are lot of live-chat requests. In my eyes she did her best to act according to the circumstances present at that time - which were related to quite a load on the live-chat support team as well as on the phone lines. This does not dismisses the fact that what she did was wrong since this offer was not discussed with team leader or support supervisor, neither this will saver her the unpleasant talk with me.

Just to make it clear in order to avoid any future misunderstanding - the offer was made by Lou (not Teo), and such offers are simply not valid.

The live chat to which you refer to in this post took place at 17:27 server time at 5th of December. Initially the live-chat request was handled by Bob. You asked about the $20/month offer and Bob replied that such offers are not available. You asked him to transfer you to Teo which he did. For the sake of
              keeping this post short and informative I'm not pasting the whole log here, just the part that is relevant to your post:

==========================
              marksu: A week ago or something I was asking you you could offer a ny smaller reseller accounts as the defaults but you could not instead you offered plan 1 for $20 with 35 GB / 350GB
              Teo: well, I do not remember such conversation
              marksu: I problem have been to deside if your bonus clientexec will dit our needs as we need a Finnish languge to it.
              Teo: all the plans are listed on the website
              marksu: hmm
              marksu: bod seemd to have a posibility to see chat history he could check it out for you.
              marksu: I ment Bob
              Teo: I am not sure about Finnish clientexec , but most probably this info will be on their website
              Teo: I haven`t promised such offer, I am sorry, also i am just a support here and I am not able to make such offers
              marksu: No I have doing lot of research and resolt that I have a option to translate it my self. We it will work to it though as hostgator has it allready
              translated using other billing soft.
              Teo: this is their website clientexec.com
              marksu: Well anyway i was interested in the offer you gave before and transfer me out from hostgator.
              marksu: I am sure I have that converstaion somewhere but right now I cant yet find it
              Teo: after your account with us is up and running, you can download your content from the previous company and whenever your account with us is up and running, you can upload the content here
              Teo: well, send it to cpanel@resellerspanel.com in case you find it
              marksu: but you should have that in chat history, bob sayd he has access to history. I ams ure you should aas well? Could you pleace check?
              Teo: well, I chat with over 50 people daily, we are not able to review all the chat sessions
              Teo: all the offers that we have are on the website
              marksu: ok i try to find it
              marksu: thank you anyway, still a but strange I remember it that way and you cand offer it?
              Teo: I will not look for it, I have no time for that and also I do NOT REMEMBER such conversation
              marksu: Dont worry I understand.
              Teo: thank you
              marksu: buy
              Teo left chat session
              ==========================

Why Teo couldn't remember that offer ? Because he never made it. Let's assume he did make that offer on 5th of November and
              you come back a month later asking for that offer - again via live-chat. Who could remember this at all ? Teo as anyone here or anywhere - has personal life. Has problems of his own to handle and take care of. Knowing him and knowing how responsible he is towards his duties, how he is never late and how he stays as long as necessary (even if this means overtime) guess how he felt seeing your post. I don't know but Teo never calls me if there is not a good reason for that.

Why did he used CAPS ? Well he did try to catch your attention to the words " I do not remember ". That was not "yelling" as considered in the Internet 'culture'.

There were plenty of ways to contact us:

-ticket system - the best way of getting to any of us. Even if there is a problem with the e-mail notifications every ticket
              is stored in a database so it can't get "lost". If you believe that a ticket you submitted was not answered - let me know which one was it. And please do use the e-mail for that purpose as well as the forum.

-phone lines

-e-mail access - by the way there was only one e-mail submitted from the e-mail address you have used in the live-chat sessions - answered by Kevin in a timely manner with a complete information to each of your questions.

-live-chat

Now to the question - in order to download the language files that ClientExec uses please sent an e-mail to cpanel@resellerspanel.com or open a ticket from your free reseller account with request to be provided with such link. I'm sending an e-mail to tech-support team with the link itself.

As for the 3rd Party software support - and this applies to any software that is not developed in-house. The support provided is by the means of "best effort". In other words - every tech-support representative will do his best to help trouble-shoot/fix/locate a given problem related to products that were not developed by us. This depends on the abilities and skills of a given support team member, the current work-load the type of the problem.
              If a given problem cannot be solved by us since it is beyond our control
              (for instance routing problem that is not related to our Data Center, or Internet access connectivity-problems, ISPs blocking certain ports & etc) - we try to point the reseller/customer to a place where he/she can get assistance. As for Clientexec - we provide Clientexec installation only. That is a paid software which we offer for free as a bonus. Additional support may be provided simply because the tech-support team member decided he can help in given circumstances which allowed him to do so - that is something that is done and will be done simply because we want to assist as far as we can - not because we are obligated to.
              Neither of the above applies if the problem is because the MySQL service of a given server is not working, the server is down, there are problems with the Apache web-server, Bind or any other service running on our servers - I believe it is clear that in those cases full support is provided without any exception.

Comment

Tyler - there is nothing fishy. Just an example of what one mistake can lead to.

Nova-Host - that would have pissed me off too but only if it was true.

Mark - I do hope that this explains the situation as best as possible. Unfortunately the kind of offer that you want is not available. Please contact the support in order to get the link to the Clientexec language files. You can unzip them with any ZIP software.

p.s. If there are any typos - my apologies but it is 5:58 AM (sweet Saturday) and although the body does what is told by the mind it will soon be 20 hours without sleep. Hope you'll be all having a great weekend and of course - HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!

Comment

I'm sorry Vasko that you had to get up so early... :-) Just glad you did so we didn't have a big problem going on un-answered and then prospects seeing it and wondering.

I'm sorry Marksu it's just that I have been with RSP for years, and I don't like to hear such negative comments about the staff and the service which some I have met on a somewhat personal level because RSP is so great like that.

So I did a little investigating to make sure it get handled quickly as possible for your side and then RSP's. I probably was a little judgmental about your motives and I'm sorry about that, I think it was just a big mess-up.

But when it comes down to it, the problem has been answered and fixed as always. Thanks so much once again Vasco for your time. Sorry for all the drama on your night off... :-(

Goodnight everyone and hope everyone is at even standings now.

Comment

That is true TylerGillen that your investication did put some speed to this.
                    I also understand your position and my goal was to get this solved.

Comment

First of all thank you Vasko for responding to the thread.

Yes offer $20 with 35 GB / 350GB given to me by your personnel was what I was trying to accept. And yes that was after asking smaller plans, that was a common business negotiation which ended up to the talked offer. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

But if you say such offer was given by your sales person without your permission, when not much I can do about that.

I presumed that it would be much easier to do search on LiveChat log as probably Nova-Host.
                      This is why at my side it sounded not good that Teo did not want to check the chat log. I presumed that would have shown easily what offer had given.
                      I understand now that the situation might have looked differently at Teo side..

I must admit it sounds strange that livechat don’t have any search function but I believe you. Well presume you still used some kind notepad search etc..
                      Well anyway I could type more info ... but that do not make any difference.

Anyway thanks for the language link offers but I already got then else were (as did not want to pay the $60), after a lot of research.
                      Yes I did send email about the mater and got no reply but no sense to start finding that email as you already replied here.

I just would had hoped such offer would never been given me by your sales/livechat people so all this would not happened.

I lost some money cause this delay...
                      Maybe I would not even had spent all that trouble for the language files, well don’t know.
                      Well still left a bit sad feeling on this hole thing, but seems like you are not the only to blame. Going further discussion on that don’t make sense.

Now I am too tired to write more. It is here 7:21 in the morning an I am wery tired as I have not slept at all tonight.

Sorry for my type faults as well as bad English. My mother language is not English.

Comment

Working...
                      X