Warning: Undefined array key "extension" in /home/www/resellers_forum/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 4176 New 50GB space plan only $2.95 ? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 50GB space plan only $2.95 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
    That would be wonderful for some of us. It would also be just fine if we knew exactly where we are supposed to find such a reseller, if one even exists, which of course it doesn't, because I have actually spent hours looking for exactly this. Unless you have an example, then dont go and suggest something like that. No offense meant, of course.
    My point exactly. There is no other place that offers services like this for free. See what I'm getting at? Appreciate what you have for the price your paying.

Comment

Daniel, I agree with you 100%. If you don't like what is offered here, then go and find another reseller that offers all the things RPS offers for free. You will be looking for hours, and I garauntee you that you will not find one, because I have tried and have spetn hours doing so. RPS is the only free reseller program of its kind. Yes, it has a few quirks and stuff that some people may not like, but at least the CEO of the company actually communicates with his resellers here in the forums. What CEO of any Web Hosting company does this? I have not see one that does yet. So like we all say, if you don't like it, don't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
        Daniel, I agree with you 100%. If you don't like what is offered here, then go and find another reseller that offers all the things RPS offers for free. You will be looking for hours, and I garauntee you that you will not find one, because I have tried and have spetn hours doing so. RPS is the only free reseller program of its kind...
        It is true. I searched for hours, and repeated a few times. In my own terms, all of them require you to buy a "block" of hosting. Say that block is sold and your client wants more storage. You have to buy a whole new block and the rest of that unsold block sits there and goes to waste. Pay-as-you-go RP style is way better. Pay for only what you need after the sale is made.

So we're are paying extra for the steak from the fancy restaurant, the hosting and support is being served to us. I don't mind paying the premium, but some of the quirks in the liquid plans really should be more flexible. Give the resellers a little bit of space for their own experimental plans and promotions. Let us test the market as this RP test site is doing!

Comment

I seen Kalin was logged in reading this post earlier but I had to go to a meeting. On my return I am disappointed to see there is no juicy news in regards to my last post

Comment

Originally posted by sadiqbd View Post
            This Site And Lonex.com Both are owned by RSP.
            Don't forget 50webs, freehostia, etc as well.

BTW, here are some updates on what I have found.

Free resellers of RSP (or should I say a glorified affiliate program), this proofs that your upstream provider is competing directly with you using unrealistic plans at unrealistic prices.

(see attached images)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
              Don't forget 50webs, freehostia, etc as well.

BTW, here are some updates on what I have found.

Free resellers of RSP (or should I say a glorified affiliate program), this proofs that your upstream provider is competing directly with you using unrealistic plans at unrealistic prices.

(see attached images)

Refer to the Milen explaination on the 1st place of the 2nd page of this thread.

Although, I do not expect the plan to be offered though resellers as at this price it is generating a negligible profit, if any. As far as I know, we are not marketing the site in question through forums.
              They are not advertise thru forums,but thru google man.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                Refer to the Milen explaination on the 1st place of the 2nd page of this thread.

They are not advertise thru forums,but thru google man.
                Yes, not through forum but google.
                Does that reduce the chance of it competing with normal resellers?

Besides, most forum doesn't even allow RSP free reseller as many treat it as a glorified affiliate program and affiliate links are normally not allowed in forums.

Comment

...Besides, most forum doesn't even allow RSP free reseller as many treat it as a glorified affiliate program and affiliate links are normally not allowed in forums.
                  Is this just the free program and not the cpanel? What if you had a custom store, do they look into you that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                    Is this just the free program and not the cpanel? What if you had a custom store, do they look into you that much?
                    Yes, only the free program, which is known widely as an affiliate program by the hosting industry.

Even if you have a custom store, you still can't escape as the order form, custom plans, elefante, phone numbers, etc are easily recognizable.
                    Even if you don't have any of the above, the control panel will surely exposed you.

Comment

Yes, only the free program, which is known widely as an affiliate program by the hosting industry.
                      There are very few free reseller programs on the hosting market and I am pretty certain that the others are less flexible and more "affiliate" than Resellers Panel.

Even if you have a custom store, you still can't escape as the order form, custom plans, elefante, phone numbers, etc are easily recognizable.
                      You can with a custom design, reseller API and billing of your own. You can choose not to list the support phone numbers on your custom site or even offer a support line of your own. On your custom site, you can refer to generically as an "automated script installer".

Even if you don't have any of the above, the control panel will surely exposed you.
                      I wish that our control panel were as popular as you suppose. Then we could sell it and make tons of money on licences like cPanel Inc. We probably would not need to bother offering hosting services at all in this case .

Comment

Ok, say I eliminated the order form, custom plans, elefante, phone numbers. You need to make a sale for the control panel to give you away. It seems to me posting in the hosting forums and anything typical to the things hosting companies do are destructive. Instantly you put yourself with a bunch of competition and all the hosts become typical. I really don't think I want to water down my company name with 100's of other similar companies offer the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                          I wish that our control panel were as popular as you suppose. Then we could sell it and make tons of money on licences like cPanel Inc. We probably would not need to bother offering hosting services at all in this case .
                          Yes, that is what I wish as well, a billing + support system integrated into the control panel just like hspere. When will it be open for sale?

Remember also to sell the Elefante script installer as it will be a hit if sold cheaper than Fantastico.

I really don't think I want to water down my company name with 100's of other similar companies offer the exact same thing.
                          This is the main problem of RSP, the plans are too identical.

My 2 cents.

Comment

... This is the main problem of RSP, the plans are too identical.

My 2 cents.
                            or, regardless of reseller provider/program, the problem being trying to compete on the forums itself where every hosting company is. Here I am world I'm a nobody! Leaving it to the top players to judge and scoff at your company. Is there worthwhile signups to have a little black cloud over your brand/personal name?

I don't see the benefits, those people know hosting and know the game. The forums seem vicious and a good way to get enemies. I'd rather sell to people who "simply" want a website hosted with some design and scripting.

Comment

or, regardless of reseller provider/program, the problem being trying to compete on the forums itself where every hosting company is. Here I am world I'm a nobody! Leaving it to the top players to judge and scoff at your company. Is there worthwhile signups to have a little black cloud over your brand/personal name?

I don't see the benefits, those people know hosting and know the game. The forums seem vicious and a good way to get enemies. I'd rather sell to people who "simply" want a website hosted with some design and scripting.
                              This is only your opinions and business practice.
                              Everybody is different.

Comment

An attempt to get some perspective and insight through discussion, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X