Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Mulitple Servers Down and Notifications - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mulitple Servers Down and Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulitple Servers Down and Notifications

Hello, I am receiving MANY calls from angry clients trying to figure out why their email and websites are not working. As usually, I have no idea what is going on and have to make something up. This is a serious problem and needs to be resolved. If I am to continue acting as a professional hosting company, I need INSTANT notification and reason for a server or any service that goes down. Your status page is useless, it tells me NOTHING and is not kept up-to-date.

If I have a client on a server, I want INSTANT notification for anything that goes down with an ETA for resolution. This is ridiculous! I am selling hundreds of dollars worth of hosting plans and I have no idea what to tell a client when a server goes down. FIX THIS MESS! or I am moving.

My website is also down.. along with few others.. I heard that one of the servers is experiencing a problem which is not stated...

Comment

Ok. Everything is up again.. Luckily RSP is efficient enough...

Comment

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
        Ok. Everything is up again.. Luckily RSP is efficient enough...

DNS server at dns1.*************48.com and dns2.*************48.com are still DOWN

Comment

Just received this:
          Hello,

Thank you for contacting our technical support.
          At the moment we are experiencing problems with the server which stores the information of the DNS-es.
          Please accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.
          Our administrators are doing the best they can to fix the issue as soon as possible.
          Approximately after 1-2 hours everything should be back to normal.

Best Regards,
          Nick

Ugh, my clients rely on their email for their business to function properly. This is just great... I wish I had this information an hour ago!

Comment

No warning whatsoever

Several of my sites are down. This is so terribly inconvenient. My client is screaming down the phone. It says it will take two hours!! Thats hack of a time.

Comment

I agree apple, but they can't possibly fix these things in 10 seconds, though we all wish they could, but thats quite impossible anyway. Lets just all calm down and wait it out and let RSP do their job

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                I agree apple, but they can't possibly fix these things in 10 seconds, though we all wish they could, but thats quite impossible anyway. Lets just all calm down and wait it out and let RSP do their job
                Well, I think the focus of this thread should be on notifications. My original intent was not to ***** about the slow reaction time, as these issues take time to fix. But the main issue is on informing resellers when there is a problem. If there is an issue, I should receive an email/cell phone text message with information detailing the problem, who it affects, and an ETA for the fix. I should not learn about the problems when my client calls *****ing. That is just ridiculous.

Here is one suggestion for the problem:
                Create a forum for each server and allow us to subscribe to each of the forums that we have clients on. When something happens, simply create a new threat with the details above. Once it is created, anyone subscribed is sent an instant email with the thread title and a link to the entire post.

Comment

iNSIDEdesign, we always try to notify our resellers when any service outages are scheduled, but unfortunately, not all outages are scheduled ones. You are always welcome to contact our support staff when you have encountered a problem by a ticket, e-mail, phone or LiveChat. As have seen it usually takes less then twenty minutes to receive a reply (a phone call would have most likely have taken less time in this case).

As for your suggestion, I will pass it to the company management, however, as always I cannot guarantee that it would be approved and implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                    iNSIDEdesign, we always try to notify our resellers when any service outages are scheduled, but unfortunately, not all outages are scheduled ones. You are always welcome to contact our support staff when you have encountered a problem by a ticket, e-mail, phone or LiveChat. As have seen it usually takes less then twenty minutes to receive a reply (a phone call would have most likely have taken less time in this case).

As for your suggestion, I will pass it to the company management, however, as always I cannot guarantee that it would be approved and implemented.
                    Typical answer. Oh well. I thought something would actually change. Oh look, server 44 is down and my phone is ringing. I wonder what excuse I will makeup this time... 2 days in a row, I am sure they are in a greeeatttt mood

Comment

I've been fussing about this for over a month. sc44 has had problems for over a month now and still counting. What really bunched my shorts was when the techs finally took me serious and found out that the was a problem with the data center. But it took two weeks of canned responses to get that much. STILL today the problem is back, well actually it started around mid-night last night Pacific time.

Not a happy camper

Well after finally getting to my CP I find we were informed of todays problems, but if you read the news message for time of schedule for maintenance it doesn't explain why at mid-night last night through this early morning web,database, email, and ftp continually timed out.
                      10/29/2007 - *************44 - Maintenance Scheduled
                      Last edited by Guest; 31-10-2007, 05:17 PM. Reason: New info found

Comment

WOW! This thread and the forum in general is really opening my eyes. I am a disabled person looking to get a small home-based business started in order to help make ends meet. So I decided that maybe RSP would be a way to do this. I have come up with a niche marketing plan to sell hosting and site design. However, after reading this thread and also having read through the whole forum now, I am wondering if RSP really is the way to go. Seems like too much downtime. Too much maintenance and too many problems with the servers, it seems.

Too me it seems that this RSP free reseller stuff might be too good to be true.

I'll have to probably rethink my plan here unless I can be reasonably convinced otherwise. Just seems to me like it may be better to pay for reseller hosting rather than go with this free RSP plan. Anyone disagree at this point?

This sucks, to put it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
                          However, after reading this thread and also having read through the whole forum now, I am wondering if RSP really is the way to go. Seems like too much downtime. Too much maintenance and too many problems with the servers, it seems.
                          We do not have as much downtime as it might seem from reading the forum. The downtime that we have is not more that you would typically encounter with the majority of other shared hosting providers and it is well within the uptime guarantees specified in our terms and conditions of service. I am yet to come across a shared hosting provider (or any other online service provider for that matter) that would not have any downtime. Even Gmail, Google’s e-mail service has demonstrated a fair share of downtime and inaccessibility and we can only assume how much money and technical know-how is involved there (hint: Google holds more patents for server clustering technologies than for online search technologies). I am an early adopter of Gmail and have used it since it was only invitation based and not popular at all at the time. At that time was not able to access the service on a number of occasions and service performance with browsers other than Internet Explorer was erratic to say the best. Even now I experience occasional issues with logging into Gmail with some less popular browsers like Opera (though I tend to blame it on my browser settings than on the Gmail service). However, I am not saying this to bash Gmail or Google or (Gmail is an excellent free mail service and tends to beat the other similar service providers, including paid ones, with regard to both features and reliability), but rather to illustrate that things with online services are not always rosy and there is still room for a lot of improvement ahead. After all, the Internet is the youngest media in the world.
                          As for the service maintenances, although certainly inconvenient they are essential for improving the service and avoiding unplanned and longer service interruptions in the future. We have been criticized in the past for not announcing scheduled service interruptions properly and I think that we have significantly improved in this area, although, of course there is room for further improvement as well.

I'll have to probably rethink my plan here unless I can be reasonably convinced otherwise. Just seems to me like it may be better to pay for reseller hosting rather than go with this free RSP plan. Anyone disagree at this point?
                          I do not want to convince anyone to choose or stay with our services, just because I believe that everyone should choose on their own what would be the best for them. However, I do believe that we have made more than any other reseller service provider to make this choice as easy, convenient and affordable as possible. Not deleting forum posts for criticizing us or being negative is one part of these efforts, even when the critics and negativists (I am not addressing or referring to anyone personally here) are louder (they usually are) than the voices of resellers that are happy with our services. One thing you should have in mind when making your choice though is that there are over 66,000 resellers and of them only a little over 1,600 have chosen to sign up for this forum (there are over 3,000 accounts on the forum, but of those approximately 500 have been blocked for spam and over 1,000 were never activated, many of these have been created probably with the intention to spam as well). Not every reseller is a forum member and some of the most successful resellers have chosen not to register (although, I know a couple of quite successful ones that post occasionally) or at least to observe silently.
                          Last edited by Milen; 02-11-2007, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Too me it seems that this RSP free reseller stuff might be too good to be true.

Toolsavvy,

I have been with RSP for several years and have tried other hosting providers in the past. For what its worth, the best support I have found is right here with RSP. Also, since it is a free plan, what have you got to lose?

Comment

Working...
                            X