Coupon System And More Payment Gateways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezyuser View Post
    RSP control panel is already full version3 and no more in beta. . Hmmm....feel slightly disappointed because still can't see any feature on the coupon code or similar system.
    Seems you are right on both counts 'ezy' and yes it is extremely disappointing.

Comment

I find it highly disappointing that RSP staff tell us once V3 of the RSP CP is out of beta there will be a coupon code system of sorts, and then find out its out of beta and there is no such system to be found. Still, perhaps the support staff weren't sure when after the beta ended, that this system would come online. Could we perhaps get an update on it?

Comment

Yes it would be nice hear an update.

Comment

This may or may not fit into this conversation: A few of my online banner ads look like paper coupons. They have the dotted line borders and a picture a small pair of scissors. The coupon is for a FREE Domain Name. In smaller print it states that it is for one year and comes with the purchase of any hosting package. I know that it's not a real coupon, but a work around. Ido hope that we get a real system up soon...

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
            This may or may not fit into this conversation: A few of my online banner ads look like paper coupons. They have the dotted line borders and a picture a small pair of scissors. The coupon is for a FREE Domain Name. In smaller print it states that it is for one year and comes with the purchase of any hosting package. I know that it's not a real coupon, but a work around. Ido hope that we get a real system up soon...
            I hope this is nothing to do with the discount coupons we were told would be included in the release of V3 control panel. These coupons are designed to promote RSP and gain affiliates - not our stores - which is what I want coupons for. I have 64 affiliates at present and they have earnt me only $14 over the years. It would be at least an improvement if these existing coupons could be redesigned to feature our 'Stores URL's' and our 'Store retail prices' via coded inserts etc or with blank areas for us to add the details in photoshop - so we could plaster them on our other websites on the net to directly promote our stores.

However, even this does not replace the obviously marketing advantage that discount coupons would provide - and I really want an update on this which is RELIABLE!

Comment

• iads
              iads commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just talking about a marketing method that takes advantage of the free domain names that we can give away when someone signs up for the first time at our Resellers site.

I have only 6 affiliates under me and I am learning that may be a waist of time. I've tried contacting them to offer help with their sites or marketing but got no response back. I've also received no income from them.

Well at risk of being flamed... the rsp affiliate program is hard to make money off of. Website designers that want to make money hosting their clients but do not wish to deal with the hosting support issues are prime target for that. Some potentials do not even realize you can log in to a client control panel as reseller to manage their clients accounts and think cpanel reseller accounts are the only way. Its a game thats played and providing a contact back to you is important so you can explain how the system works. Blind shooting advertising will not gain many paying affiliates..I have quite a few affiliates myself but very few gain me any commission..

Myself I also am watching this thread for an update of the coupon system Big Marketing leverage
            Last edited by doneritehosting; 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post

As for the coupon codes they are going to be released when the version of the resellers control panel is released in version 1.0. As you know its still beta.
              Deathly silence re coupons from RSP!

Comment

And the suspense builds.....

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
                  Ezyuser do tell how you miraculously finalized our control panel to a full version so we would know. Maybe we can do it too ???
                  Hey 'yav0r' take it 'easy' on 'Ezyuser' - he was only pointing out that RSP had removed the 'beta' text from the login button. Since you yourself have pointed out in previous posts - that 'beta' indicates the control panel is not the full version - it is not unreasonable to assume that now the 'beta' text had been removed that this was now a full version. If not, why removed the 'beta' text?

You also refer to the new full version being Version 1.0. Aren't we in V3 already and therefore should be upgrading to V4? Or are we starting again?

Comment

I also kinda thought we was at version 3 of the Resellers Panel .............. I’m pretty sure I’m not seeing things, it definely says Login v.3 !!!

*** whistles ***

Click image for larger version

Name:	login.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	54912

and in the old version 2, there is a button for v3 beta

Click image for larger version

Name:	new-beta.png
Views:	202
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	54913
                    Last edited by clivejo; 15-10-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• clivejo
                      clivejo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe the versions are like M$ Windoze and its version 3.01, and the non-beta will be v3.11

we are all excited about new marketing features yavr more money for rsp more money for resellers.

Comment

LOL takes a lot to get me over-excited!! But sure Ill compile a Christmas list and forward it to santa@rsp.com aka /dev/null !!!!

Yan : Have you guys ever thought about bringing on board a small team of experienced resellers as beta testers?

Maybe setup a "beta testers only" sub forum which is hidden from public view? I know a lot of companies I have been involved with over the years. make use of members to beta test products and services. Real live bug reports, from real live people can be very useful for development teams. Of course it would mean a two way deal, in exchange for access to new features we would have to agree not to talk about new features outside the beta team and accept that the platform used is beta and therefore might not work as intended. But I for one would be interested in being a beta tester.

Comment

• doneritehosting
                        doneritehosting commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup microsoft has used this system far back as the win98 beta. i still got a copy of win98 rtm given at the end of the beta. Works well for them.

+1

I understand it might be only in a sandbox, and might be of no benefit to us, but if we knew how things where coming along we might not complain as much (however, I retain my right to complain, I'm an expert at it !!) Also, we might be able to offer solutions and feedback.

The Wordpress plugin, for example, currently offers us a whole new prospect in creating custom reseller sites. Personally, I can see so much more potential for this and going further with using my own payment gateways. But what puts me off sitting down and investing time/energy in coding it is that I dont know enough about where RSP will go with the API. If I knew how and where RSP was going we could work together.

For example you indicate that you are working on coupons. Now me personally I dont really need coupons, but that’s not the point, many other resellers do. However, there are technical issues that do fascinate me, and how they will be implemented. By a coupon, do we mean like a voucher code for example, by typing in the code "FALL_SUPER_SALE" at the checkout, they will get a discount off the checkout price? And if your implementing that could we go a step further to unique one use vouchers, like a gift card like system. So that we could offer rewards, to certain customers. ie Run a marketing campaign to "sign up a friend" once said friend has been a customer for 3 months you email the reseller to claim $10 off your next order.

Just thinking out loud here.

Comment

Working in a sandbox environment would be great with pre release features and I personally think rsp getting live input from experienced resellers will benefit all of us as a whole. I personally nominate clivejo, vlasi47gr and iads as first candidates! clivejo and vlasi47gr have devoted alot of time here and iads is smart and very motivated.

Comment

• vlasi47gr
                          vlasi47gr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Me? I'm too old to play in a sandbox!!

oh thanks so much donerite !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X