Warning: Undefined array key "extension" in /home/www/resellers_forum/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 4176 SSH an option or not? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSH an option or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSH an option or not?

Hi,

I thought that if you make a new plan with the LPB and you choose no SSH support, that clients could still choose to add SSH (and pay for it) through their control panel... but it seams on template #16 - compare our plans that SSH is not an option at all...? Please look at the screendump below.

/maxa
    Attached Files

hmm.... I don't have that problem at all...

Comment

Originally posted by joey101
      hmm.... I don't have that problem at all...

http://dorkypenguin.com/?action=webh...ubmenu=compare
      Yes, you do, but maybe I was not clear enough. On your Adelie-plan you probably have included SSH, right? And on Chinstrap you have not. What I want is that it should say "Optional" as it does on my Business plan. Now it seams like clients can not upgrade to SSH support on accounts where it is not default.

Do you get me?

Comment

aaah ok. I get what your saying now
        sry bout that!

Honestly, I thought that the 'optional' was confusing. And if people want SSH, then they can order a bigger plan. I'm just glad we can choose to have it enabled on some plans to begin with now

Comment

Actually SSH is optional.

By default your new clients will have their upgrades "OFF". If you want to allow them to upgrade SSH/IP and so on - you will have to enable the upgrades.

Best Regards,
          Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

In that case I have done a big mistake (that could have been avoided with a bit of information ). You mean my clients does not have the option to upgrade their accounts to SSH?

I thought that choosing the SSH-Activate in the LPB meant that SSH was actually activated - not that the OPTION to activate it was activated...?
            Last edited by maxa; 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Actually it does! It looks like I didn't understand you correctly. Let me take a closer look to that issue.

Best Regards,
              Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

If you select to offer SSH it means that SSH account is included in the price. No other upgrade is required to activate the SSH.

About your two new hosting plans - they have a red X as the upgrades are off in all custom plans. So basically your customers wouldn't know if they are able to upgrade the SSH or not. We need to come up with some solution about it... We are going to discuss that with Nick and let you know.

Best Regards,
                Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

THanks Kalin. I thought so was the case.

Comment

At first we decided not to offer the custom plans on the templates. That's why we decided the upgrades should be OFF by default. Right now the custom plans are offered on the templates and we'll set upgrades to be ON on all custom plans. Resellers can manually disable the upgrades from the RSP CP. This should take effect today.

Best Regards,
                    Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Well, it should rather be set to "Optional", shouldn't it?

Comment

Yes, SSH will be set Optional.

Best Regards,
                        Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Originally posted by Kalin
                          Yes, SSH will be set Optional.

Best Regards,
                          Kalin Blaskoff
                          Hello there Kalin,

This is not changed yet. Would you please look in to it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa
                            Hello there Kalin,

This is not changed yet. Would you please look in to it?

Thanks.
                            Hello! Anyone there? 13 days since above post and no reply...

Comment

maxa, I will remind our developers about this issue and will provide an update about it as soon as I receive a reply from the developers.

Comment

Working...
                              X