Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Serious issue with you and outstanding support - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious issue with you and outstanding support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious issue with you and outstanding support

Dear ResellersPanel,
    It's some months i'm a reseller, and i have a good number of websites hosted with you. I halso have some clients and i was planning to have much more, since i'm a director of a marketing company and we wanted to be your resellers.

Today i was very surprised to see one of my accounts SUSPENDED. Why?? Supr.Server25 had a heavy load because a mysql script, and you decided to close the account WITHOUT ANY WRITTEN NOTICE.
    Well, this website is about the World Cup on Germany, you can imagine how many visitors we are having and the money we LOST after this wonderful decision.

I agree that if there is a problem it must be solved, but in order to be solved the owner has to know that there is a problem. Do you understand what i mean?? I just discover that we had a Mysql problem ONLY AFTER my account has been closed. This is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.
    I don't know if we want to be your resellers anymore, we're just CONCERNED about what can happen to us and our clients again.

This is the chat i had with the outstanding support.

Your session reference number is 1561491
    You are chatting with Antony
    Antony hello
    Antony how can i help you?
    You hi antony...
    You what happened to the account ##### on Supr.Server25? I don't see it anymore on my client's list and when i try to reach the url, i see a 403 error
    Antony let me check this
    You thank you
    Antony well, your account has been suspended
    You why???
    Antony because of the load it was making on our servers
    You and so???
    Antony there was a huge amount of mysql queries
    You yes we have 500 users connected all the time
    You it;s a world cup website
    Antony generated by your counter on the site i believe
    You can you reactivate the account asap please?
    Antony well, there is a notice if you want to get your account activated to remove the statistics of your counter
    Antony this is the condition in order to get your account back online
    You yes first put online, then i can make the changes
    You and next time please send an email
    You BEFORE
    You WE ARE LOSING MONEY
    Antony well, we are loosing money too
    Antony as you are loading the server
    Antony and make it works slower
    You FIRST you have to notice us
    You so we can act in few minutes
    You i have more than 20 websites hosted and i'm wondering to transfer them all
    Antony ok, the account is active again
    You i see
    Antony please make sure you will remove this counters
    Antony because this is the second time you are loading our server
    You please make sure next time to send an email FIRST to do anything with MY accounts
    You you never said me before
    You so how can i know??
    Antony if this happens once again there won't be activation
    You wonderful
    You if this happend once again you will receive a call from the lawyer
    You unbelievable
    Antony ok,we have informed you where the problem is
    Antony so please make sure this won't happen again
    You let's hope
    You but you have to know
    Antony remove the statistics for your counter
    You removed, please see
    You the website
    You you have to know that during the worldcup we will have a lot of accesses
    Antony ok
    You so it's normal to load the server
    Antony ok,we will see how it is going to run
    You please next time send an email first, so we can find a solution and be satisfied both
    You you can't close, especially during the world cup.....
    You ok? you have my email so please send and tell me what's wrong next time.
    Antony ok
    You is the counter of user online we have to take off?
    You only that?
    Antony yes
    Antony this is the statistics you have to remove
    You of online users at the same time
    You so if we have another mysql load it won't be for statistics anymore. And you won't suspend the account because you first write to me and we find the solution
    Antony your account was suspended because your statistics were loading too much
    You i hope you understand that you can't suspend account without a written notice to the owner...Seems to be in the middle age Antony........
    You however
    You thank you is a too big word..... but thank you for your help
    Last edited by Guest; 17-05-2006, 01:04 AM.

This is pretty interesting conversation

..and this is why I do not bring any more customers here... even I have them left about 15 or so.

All servers from SS20 to SS35 are slow. Especially with mySQL scripts.

I heard all these stories about the bandwith differences, ISPs, hops, pings and so on, but if you try to compare some of SSes to other hosting companies and their servers even by pinging them - they are still SLOW!

I have a customer with his website, which takes about 10 to 15 sec. to open. Very light mySQL script /3MB/. We are considering to move his business somewhere else. Just after less than one month live.

I don't want to be rude, but in my opinion - servers are getting worse. We have more of them, but with limited funcionality and resources.

Have fun here

Comment

Hi Arthur,
      it's about one year i'm their reseller, and never had a problem with them.
      What shocked me, it's that they have suspended my account without any notice, so i lost a lot of traffic just for a small problem that i solved during the chat time i had with Antony....
      This is very concerning, i'm already praying that nothing wrong will happen during the world cup.

Edited to add:
      And what's more concerning is the answer given by Antony:
      Antony if this happens once again there won't be activation
      I don't like when people talk to me on this way, especially when we are talking about services i have paid (and are mine).
      Last edited by Guest; 17-05-2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

cheap, we did make a serious mistake by not sending an e-mail warning about the server load problem caused by your site, for which I would like to apologize. However, if you refer to the Terms and Conditions of service under which you have ordered the web hosting account, you will see that it is your responsibility as a customer to observer that your account does not exceed the CPU usage limit set in the Terms and Conditions of service. You can monitor CPU usage through the Load Stats section of the web hosting control panel of the account in question.
        It is true that you have paid for a service and have the right to use what you have paid for, but you have also agreed to abide by certain terms when you purchased your account, and you have failed to follow these terms.

Comment

I think If any customer made mistake you should make alert them for 2 times And when he did that 3 times you can suspend that account

Comment

Originally posted by sadiqbd
            I think If any customer made mistake you should make alert them for 2 times And when he did that 3 times you can suspend that account
            What I understood from Milen's post is that you have to stay in front of your screen, have your CP open and watch the server's load stats. Then, if you have 500 people at the same time.... what to do? Disable the website? Remove index.php or what? How will you prevent this in a real life?

Can someone advise?

Comment

Arthur, I am not implying that you or another reseller or client, should stare at the Load Stats for his\her account all day long, but at least a quick check of the loads stats once per day is highly advisable. By the way the issue with the account in question was going for more than 48 hours until we suspended the account, so the thread starter had plenty of time to take some action, like contacting support and asking something simple like: "I see that one of my accounts is causing an excessive server load, what would you advise me to do to reduce it?" And I am sure that such advise would have been provided.

Comment

The problem is that i didn't receive any alert from them and as Arthur said, i don't have time during the day to sit in front of the computer and watch server statistics.
                However Milen i accept your apologies and i really hope that next time there is a problem, i will be the first to know. I prefer to be warned from you instead of my customers and community members.

Comment

hi

i also like to ask about the same question
                  as i have a cPanel reseller account and resell it to my client
                  my question is, how am i able to know what is my client load to the server.
                  i dont want to have the same problem as what happen to cheap.

when i check my Service Status under my cPanel (WHM)
                  Disk sda3 (/usr) is almost always at 70%-85% as i at the ALTAR3 server
                  other then that, i cant find the information on my client load on the server.
                  as far i know, our client cannot use more then 4% of the cpu load per day...

in an event of overloading, i really hope RSP will send us a e-mail warning message on which client is overloading the server then we have enought time to tell the client. it will much better then doing a direct account Suspension with out any notice as on our side, we also need to answer to our client. as our client may even lost BIG $ due to such action. or they dont even know they even overload the server.

Thx
                  Daisuke

Comment

daisuke, the WHM\cPanel do not include a tool for monitoring the CPU usage generated by a specific cPanel account, and we cannot add any such tool to the cPanel since the control panel is commercial software and the license under which it is provided does not allow for modifications.

In cases that an account is causing CPU load problems we typically notify the customer or the reseller before suspending the account, so that the customer or the reseller have time to take action regarding the problem. However, in cases that the server load generated by a certain account is very high so that it affects the performance of all other websites in other shared accounts on the server, the account is suspended and the customer or reseller is notified after the account suspension.

Comment

It's 1.55 am here in London, in few hours i will have to start working again.
                      Guess what? My account has been suspended again. And of course, i didn't receive ANY alert on my mailbox. This is another big mistake, isn't it Milen?

I started a chat with your outstanding support, i had to stay 62 minutes on the chat to obtain these few information:

Your session reference number is 1575518
                      You are chatting with Andrew
                      Andrew I am glad to see you today, how may I help you?
                      You hi andrew
                      You hi, have a problem with the account ###### on supr.server25 when i try to reach the url, i see a 403 error. This happened already on 16 may, there was an high load on the server and you suspended our account. So we had to take off a counter script. What's wrong this time?
                      You ?
                      You can i have an answer please?
                      You i have a big problem, please can you answer?
                      You it's 20 minutes i'm waiting for your reply and i really need the account reactivated and support for this issue. So i would be glad if you can answer to my question
                      Andrew Please accept my apologies for the delayed answer.
                      Andrew This account has been suspended by our administrators due to the fact it has loaded the serevr too much.
                      You yes i already know
                      You it already happened two days ago
                      You we had a mysql load and we had to remove a script from our server
                      You what's the kind of problem this time?
                      Andrew It is the same problem.
                      You we removed the counter
                      You is possible to have the queries on the databases which caused the problem? And please is possible to activate the account so i can solve the problem?
                      You andrew?
                      Andrew I was just checking but unfortunately I was not able to find any additional information on that.
                      Andrew Could you please send an e-mail to support@*************.com for more information on that matter.
                      You yes, meanwhile can you reactivate the account please?
                      You i'm already writing the email, but i need the website online, our company is loosing money every minute the website is offline.
                      You ?
                      You andrew please answer i want to go to sleep
                      You ......
                      You AOOO are you there?? it's 52 minutes i'm here
                      Andrew I am unable to re-activate this account without our administrators' permission.
                      You so you could tell me before, i'm wasting my time and money waiting here
                      Andrew And as I mentioned it would be best to send an e-mail ti support@*************.com for detailed information on your account susoension.
                      You thank you for your outstanding support, i spent a nice hour here in chat
                      Andrew You are always welcome.
                      Actually i'm more concerned than two days ago. Again my account was suspended and i didn't receive anything. And more concerning is that in more than 20 days the world cup will start, and we will have the double of visitors coming on the website

We can't be offline every 48 hours, i'm sick about this situation.

Paolo
                      Last edited by Guest; 19-05-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

If your at least making $99/mo on the site, I suggest you buy a dedicated server. Even better, co-locate your hardware.

Comment

The problem is, that servers are so limited, they cannot handle even 20 visitors per website at the same time and access is very slow, if not impossible.

I have tried to access one of my customer's website with another guys I work with and guess what? We couldn't surf at all! 3 guys in London, 3 different ISPs and nothing. White pages. We started testing speed of SSes some time ago after getting complains from our customers about the performance. I had a chance to test it while being in Asia in 3 different countries, I asked my family to test it from outside the UK and once from New Jersey - US. Results are pretty ****.

I have already posted TTLs in one of my previous posts, but no answer from RSP team.

The question is - how many customers they have per server? What type of connection they have there and when, please when you get rid off of support people? They are in most cases useless!

I don't know what's wrong here, but I have a 2mb ADSL connection (256kb upload) and my small server is much quicker with 8 connection to mySQL than any server at RSP. Old P3 700MHz/ Windows2K SP4/ 256MB/ 20GB HDD/ 3COM 905.

Can someone advise please?

Regards
                          Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur
                            The problem is, that servers are so limited, they cannot handle even 20 visitors per website at the same time and access is very slow, if not impossible.
                            I just had a conversations with one of our system administrators and he said that he would be very interested to find out what testing methodology you have used to arrive to this conclusion? Could you, please send us an e-mail at support[at]resellerspanel.com with the a description of the testing methodology you have used and the achieved results.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
                              I just had a conversations with one of our system administrators and he said that he would be very interested to find out what testing methodology you have used to arrive to this conclusion? Could you, please send us an e-mail at support[at]resellerspanel.com with the a description of the testing methodology you have used and the achieved results.
                              Full description of the problems have been sent to Kalin today by PM. incl. "testing methodology" carried out by developers of LiteCommerce and X-Cart from http://www.qualiteam.biz and advised by them to do not use SSes for any serious ecommerce apps where HTML pages generation is important for SEO. I have same issues with CMS scripts here. Long downloading if more than 3 people is logged in. This has nothing to do with our ISPs and other factors on the way to SSes. We have compared already other hosts in the UK and even Canada. Much quicker and no probs with HTML generation.

Please contact Kalin regarding this matter.
                              Last edited by Guest; 20-05-2006, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X