Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downtime Flu Migrates To UK?

Comment

I hope not, might not be the only thing migrating!

Comment

RSP will eventually get it straight clivejo.... dispite complaints, Its better over here in the states... I'm not gonna post any uptime stats but I work in wp admin alot and its been a long time since my vps went down while i am working in it (fingers crossed).... Used to happen frequent as late as december last year.... so they are working on it and progress is being made... Hard to swallow and be patient though when you are recieving phone calls about downtime... I feel you on that..

Comment

My VPS's are rock solid, I'm very happy with them. Its the shared hosting that's really letting me down. I thought the new cloud system would be an end to the random downtime’s caused by other customers causing problems, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comment

My shared hosting, VPS (only the one's based on Hepsia CP) and iads site served from duo servers all went down for 4 mins 20 seconds today. No mention on proper support again.

Comment

Hey clivejo can you share a US central time off iads site? I've got 3 site monitors on my US hespia vps monitoring 2 different domains and I didn't get a email notice at all.... (puzzled)

Comment

I have 64 sites running on that server. 4 mins 20 seconds adds up. I got no complaints, thank goodness...

Comment

Huh. I'm on the US data center, and I only have three sites on there, and didn't get any downtime notices for them either. Very puzzling.

Comment

Here is a snapshot of the Uptime Click image for larger version

Name:	iads3.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	56126

Comment

• clivejo
                      clivejo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It went down at 16:43 GMT, which would be 10:43 CST

Hello.

No records in our system about the downtime as well.

I do not want to dispute "Uptime" in anyway, I am just saying.

The thing about these third party uptime monitors is that they check specific service status, not server status by pinging it, which marks any routing/networking problems on both ends (Data Center/Uptime Server) as downtimes, which is not correct.

Best Regards,
                    Tom.

Comment

Tom,

I monitor a range of servers, not just on RSP. One thing that does alarm me is that a self managed OZ01 stayed up while all the other (shared hosting, VPS with Hepsia and iads US based server) went down together at the same time. The only thing I can think of is that it was an update to Hepsia itself which required a reboot of the servers running Hepsia.

Pinging only tells me if a server is there or not. However, the http, database, php components may not be operating and the website will not be available. I like to monitor all these things as this is what a client is seeing (ie a dynamic website page). My self managed OZ01 has a http interface for admin and this is what I monitor, it did not go down. However its based in the same data centre and on the same network!

I'm not angry about it, I understand servers need to be rebooted from time to time. I would just like to know! A simple explanation on proper support like "Today we intend to reboot all Hepsia based servers in order to make our new VPN functionality available to all customers" Please just keep us in the loop.

Clive

Comment

clivejo makes a good point Tom.....

Comment

I'll have to add a Ditto...

Comment

I have to agree with both donerite and iads on this one, Tom, clivejo does make a very good point.

Comment

Working...
                            X