No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Stone View Post
    ...have found the issues donerite is speaking of, and I strongly encourage you to open up a support ticket so we can resolve them...
    Hi Ian, i've put in the tickt and we'll see whats going on.

UPDATE: Support (thanks Tom!) has passed it over to the developers.
    Last edited by theLarry; 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

i didn't hear anything back for over 24 hours so i sent them a ticket reply to the effect of "...if you're having trouble tracking it down and think a total re-install is best/most efficient, go for it" ... we hadn't done any real customization yet and this whole install seemed sort of hinky from the begining (never solved the ever-changing front page issue either) after i sent that, it was completely re-installed within a half hour or so from scratch and seems to be working fine. We'll repeat the few things we had done, and document and test after each step for if it breaks again I can more tell them where/what it broke.

So we have no idea what the problem was, and as long as it doesn't resurface, I'm fine with that! Actually I feel more comfortable with the whole new install!

Comment

Yeah I noticed they had done a reinstall this morning... I rolled donerite back to resellerpanel plugin 1.3.0 today so I can use yoast seo to optimize my site with recommended keyword phrase suggestions at the recommended density per page.. gonna give it a go for couple months and see what the results are for organic search visits.. thats what I been doing most of the day

Comment

I cant see the IP having an issue, however if your IP has changed this sometimes has knock on effects with some 3rd party scripts. This reason is due to DNS caching.

Say for example you were using mydomain.com ==> 1.1.1.1 and you buy a dedicated IP 2.2.2.2. RSP update your DNS records and your site is now visible on 2.2.2.2. However a service you are using might be still using your old IP as it is looking up a cached record. Until this record is refreshed it will not be able to connect to your website, which can cause it to malfunction. Especially with SSL connections as certain conditions must be met to establish an SSL connection.

I have noticed that in the UK most ISP's cache DNS records, in some cases 24-48hours!! This means that when a website is moved, some customers continue to resolve to the old IP address and complain that their website is down, while in fact the website is working perfectly to the rest of the world!! Tools like http://www.hidedoor.com/ and http://hidemyass.com/ come in very handy in seeing what the rest of the world are seeing or you could configure your PC to use public DNS servers such as Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). In addition, you can request a DNS Flush for Google, available here https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/cache
          Last edited by clivejo; 06-06-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

thanks guys... clivejo, really good info. that's the only reason i thought it might be tied to an ip address someway. anyway, the new install is on the "shared for SSL" IP which is where i needed it. We're starting to do the few modifications we did do... also check out my update on my "ever-changing home page post.

Comment

okay, we've duplicated the few mods we had made previously, ie; assigning home page, changing site URL to www. and forcing SSL (self-signed) on /wp-admin and /wp-login.php and all is working fine! whatever went wild the fresh reinstall from support worked perfectly. Thanks again all involved.. .@peers and @support

Comment

Working...
              X