No announcement yet.

A fresh idea and a new beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see your point, but i think he also wanted the interested parties to talk and hammer out all the details so that all parties taking part in the venture are satisfied with everything.

Comment

idea

is this still an option to join you, cause i would love to join in on this???

Comment

Some ideas here. Instead of everybody involved putting money in a pot, they were required a certain amount of articles to write and daily blog posts. Prepare a hundred articles for publishing on the launch date. Followed by one article a week and one daily blog post, times the number of participants, equals a lot of advertising. For the shared store (under one brand), display the store widgets of the author of the article who brought that visitor. For the shared hosting directory, use some scripting to log who's articles are bringing in more people - they deserve higher ad placement for their non-shared store.
        Last edited by Programmer; 10-03-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

This is exactly what I am going to do, by offering this business opportunity to my associates and the freelancers in my development team. There is no reason why us resellers can't commit to the same model.

A script will check where the participants say they have submitted their articles and blog postings to make sure the required three links in the signature exists. These links are the shared hosting site, the shared hosting resource site, and their personal hosting site. If these are not found the participant is penalized. Automation is key to success here, automate everything, including a user login for participants to pull up summary reports of their progress. Additional articles can be written to gain a higher rank in the system, this would not affect the other less involved participants in a negative way. Referring new participants provides the benefits from RSP system, you earn the commission from the referrals earnings. In this sense the system can grow with no size limit, beyond a model where only a handful of trust worthy investors can participate.

Sorry for almost pulling this thread off topic, I think the ideas here are great yet it is lacking automation and requires a contracted third party with no invested interest to moderate the process. When the opportunity comes I will start a new thread.

Any feedback on this approach would be very helpful, thank you.
          ~ Aaron

Comment

I just realized this thread jumped from November to March. It is dead. Well, it is still a good read to spark some ideas. As Chameleon mentions in the previous page, "kind of like a stock market thing"... I really like that idea - that's what I want

Comment

having just re-read the topic, i to reply to toolsavvy's post, i think ashuva just wanted to get a group of interested parties together with the idea, and then there could be a big conference of sorts between those parties to hammer out the rest of the details into a system where almost every point is acceptable to all parties involved. After all, you can't please everyone on every point.

As for Programmer's idea, i like it. If a more refined idea, or a working example of your idea can be made to show how you feel it should work then i think that there could be some more interest in this.

Comment

I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I am very very surprised that nothing has eventuated out of this, considering that Ashuva has come up with quite a good idea. I am very keen to be involved in this, and put some of my money into the project.

I like the approach that Chameleon proposed before, ie everyone puts in an equal amount of $$$$$, or bankroll, into the project, and everyone gets an equal share out of it. This approach would suit me best. Programmer's idea of submitting articles and running verifcation etc sounds good as well.

If I was doing this, I would get interested parties to come together, get everyone to put in an agreed upon amount of money into the pot, and then set targets, goals, decide how to make money, and come up with ideas of where the money should go.

For example, we would use RSP to sell web hosting plans for xx% profit. I would use everyones bankroll in the following manner:
                1. 70% goes towards advertising, of which:
                1a. 40% affiliate marketing
                1b. 15% PPC
                1c. 10% SEO
                1d. 5% Banner/other advertising
                2. 20% to setup the site
                3. 10% put aside as cash for a rainy day

With the profit, I would commit it to the following:
                1. 60% goes back into advertising, of which:
                1a. 40% Affiliate marketing
                1b. 10% PPC
                1c. 5% SEO
                1d. 5% Banner/other advertising
                2. 20% goes back to the original investors
                3. 10% goes towards research and development/diversifying/building new business/build new avenue streams
                4. 10% paid to someone to administer everything

Short term goals/targets could be:
                1. Increase signups by 10% per year
                2. Build/buy 3 new income streams a year
                3. etc

If we all put in, say $10000, average product sells for $100, 5% goes to affiliate, 25% is profit, the numbers would look like this:
                $10000 *.4 = $4000 goes towards affiliate marketing
                $4000 affiliate dollars = 800 individual sales
                600 sales = $80000 revenue
                $80000 revenue = $4000 that goes back to investors as income
                $80000 revenue = $8000 to be used for affiliate marketing
                $8000 affiliate dollars = 1600 sales
                1600 sales = $160000 revenue
                $160000 revenue = $8000 that goes back to investors as income
                $160000 revenue = $16000 to be used for affiliate marketing
                $16000 affilate dollars = 3200 sales
                3200 sales = $320000 revenue
                $320000 revenue = $16000 that goes back to investors
                $320000 revenue = $32000 to be used for affiliate marketing
                Basically, as you can see, once the cycle occurs and the affiliate money runs out, the new amount you have for affiliate marketing would quadriple, and the amount of money that goes back to investors would double.

All the above percentages, goals and figures are just a rough guide as to how I would go about doing things. And I would not be surprised if my calculations are wrong, but am sure that they are right.

I do not see why (if we get a committed group of people together, keep in daily contact with each other, come up with a plan, and generally do something) we could not go out there, set this up, and have it all up and running within 1-3 months, instead of wondering what to do for over a year.

And I apologise if this has been a long, complicated post to read and follow.

Comment

Well, based on what botb have said, I would advice getting a real cPanel reseller account (with End User Support, Overselling enabled, WHMCS etc).
                  We then use WHMCS billing system.

This would make everything more flexible and we can do whatever we want to do.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Provide Cheap RS Gold, Buy WOW Gold and WOW Gold

Comment

Working...
                    X