Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support staff gives RSP address to clients

Hello,

Let me strongly criticize the fact that support staff gives out the RSP website address in client support tickets. I rarely look into client’s tickets and now I found this happening for the second time. How often does it happen?

My concerns are
    1) that my identity as a reseller is uncovered
    2) that the client can sign up for dedicated servers without me getting commission for it.

I call for a clear policy change on this matter.

Best regards
    maxa

maxa, what do they give it out in relation to?

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
      In this case it was that client used much CPU capacity, and support recommended client get a dedicated server at http://www.resellerspanel.com/dedicated_servers/

Comment

Offtopic (or not?): I posted a reply but got the message that post has to be approved by a moderator! What is that?

Edit: This was the message i got: "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."
        Last edited by maxa; 13-07-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I try posting again... maybe it was the link?

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
          In this case it was that client used much CPU capacity, and support recommended client get a dedicated server at [RSP]/dedicated_servers/

Comment

Yeah thats not good. I don't supply dedicated servers to my clients, thats what i tell them. My business scope doesn't cover that. Essentially RSP Support are selling a product that isn't my businesses if that happens.

In my opinion support should not compromise our reseller anonymity like that.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
              Let me strongly criticize the fact that support staff gives out the RSP website address in client support tickets. I rarely look into client’s tickets and now I found this happening for the second time.
              maxa, can you please provide me with the ticket numbers where you have encountered this, so I could check what the situation is?

2) that the client can sign up for dedicated servers without me getting commission for it.
              You should still receive commission, if a client of yours signs up for a dedicated server account. If you have not received such commission for any reason, please notify the support team about it via a ticket or an e-mail to support[at]resellerspanel.com.
              Offtopic (or not?): I posted a reply but got the message that post has to be approved by a moderator! What is that?
              This is the forum anti-spam filter. It tends to filter messages that contain just a link or a link with little extra text. Unfortunately, we do not have direct control over this, since the anti-spam filter is a third party solution and is not customizable. The anti-spam filter is a pretty efficient solution, however, since it filters over 95% of the actual spam. Unfortunately, it does produce some false-positive identifications occasionally. In case that this occurs, you should not worry, because a forum moderator reviews all filtered messages and those that are not spam are approved and appear on the forum with some delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                You should still receive commission, if a client of yours signs up for a dedicated server account. If you have not received such commission for any reason, please notify the support team about it via a ticket or an e-mail to support[at]resellerspanel.com.
                Some of us do not want to offer dedicate servers. It is not apart of my business plan to offer this. And I can't have customers receiving information from what they see as my technical support about products from another website/enterprise. I think a policy should be created and clear that this shouldn't happen.

Comment

maxa, can you please provide me with the ticket numbers where you have encountered this, so I could check what the situation is?

Originally posted by syownet
                  And I can't have customers receiving information from what they see as my technical support about products from another website/enterprise.
                  Absolutely! Milen, this is the main issue.

Comment

maxa, as far as I could see from the ticket that you have quoted, your client was the first to ask about the price of a dedicated server plan, so in this case the support staff assumed that the client is aware of the option to order such a severer and about your status as a reseller. I would like to apologize on behalf of my colleagues from the support team, in case that this assumption was wrong. However, at the moment the only way that I can see to avoid such mistakes completely is if you offered only custom web hosting plans with customer support of your own.

Comment

Milen, can I suggest another way of handling the issue.

If support get any request regarding dedicated servers, or any server not provided through the reseller template, or the remote order forms, that the support contact the reseller via the ticket system.
                      Or forward it to the reseller.

Maybe RSP can include an option in the Store Settings "how would u like us to respond regarding...", so support know how to respond to our clients questions regarding other products.

Cheers,
                      Leigh
                      Last edited by syownet; 17-07-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Why not always return such a question to sales department? Technical support is techincal support, and sales run sales. That isn't strange.

I do tell my clients about the option to upgrade to semi-dedicated servers on my website, and I give the price too, but I don't place it up front until there is a smothe way for us to resell semi-dedicated services. This means this question might come up again, and I think it is very strange that you suggest me the solution to provide the technical support myself. That would mean a huge change to my business.

Comment

Why not always return such a question to sales department? Technical support is techincal support, and sales run sales. That isn't strange.
                          I agree with this idea. On my custom website, I actually distinguish between 'Administrator' and 'Technical' offices (the technicals ones numbers are of course the RSP reseller numbers, and the Administration are mine). So I would prefer technical support to redirect to me for sales questions.

I think it is very strange that you suggest me the solution to provide the technical support myself. That would mean a huge change to my business.
                          I just recently spoke to support about moving clients too, to a package that had my own support, you can't do it anyway . But yeah I see what you mean.

Comment

How we know whether our clients sign up for a dedicated server?So how we notify you?

Comment

^^ Good point. Are they just giving a straight link, or is it our affiliate link?

Comment

Working...
                              X